We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
What are your thoughts on Crop Circles? Options

Saidin
#21 Posted : 6/8/2009 12:45:26 AM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

richierich_931 wrote:
Doesn't anyone watch television? There was some worlds greatest mysteries revealed or some crap a few years ago with a team of three people showing how they made crop circles. All though some are extremely elaborate with intricate details and patterns, SWIM believes 99% (he has been wrong once before) to be a hoax. Also, SWIM doesn't think super intelligent beings would waste time making pretty things in fields anyway...

SWIM does however believe in some pretty funky shit too so, who is SWIM to judge...

Photoshop Crop Circles

circlemakers.org

There are definately hoaxers out there, probably the majority of them are.

But the "Real" circles defy explanation. There are magnetic traces in the soil. The nodes of the wheat have been blown out as if by microwaves. And the size, complexity, and perfection of certain circles, which appear overnight without any witnesses, defy explanation. The energy that one feels in these circles is different as well, for those who are more sensitive to it.

Skepticism is a good thing. But it highly unlikely that some of these are made with a few people with planks and string.

Also crop circles have been reported for 100's of years, though much more in the last 30.
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

69ron
#22 Posted : 6/8/2009 1:07:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Saidin wrote:
[quote=richierich_931]Also crop circles have been reported for 100's of years, though much more in the last 30.

That's true. That's the part that's the most interesting to me. Also the fact that they resemble some unusual land artwork in the Americas that predates Columbus that can only be seen from the sky really makes you wonder. It doesn’t mean people didn’t make them though.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

The Traveler
#23 Posted : 6/8/2009 9:24:38 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Saidin wrote:
richierich_931 wrote:
Doesn't anyone watch television? There was some worlds greatest mysteries revealed or some crap a few years ago with a team of three people showing how they made crop circles. All though some are extremely elaborate with intricate details and patterns, SWIM believes 99% (he has been wrong once before) to be a hoax. Also, SWIM doesn't think super intelligent beings would waste time making pretty things in fields anyway...

SWIM does however believe in some pretty funky shit too so, who is SWIM to judge...

Photoshop Crop Circles

circlemakers.org

There are definately hoaxers out there, probably the majority of them are.

But the "Real" circles defy explanation. There are magnetic traces in the soil. The nodes of the wheat have been blown out as if by microwaves. And the size, complexity, and perfection of certain circles, which appear overnight without any witnesses, defy explanation. The energy that one feels in these circles is different as well, for those who are more sensitive to it.

Skepticism is a good thing. But it highly unlikely that some of these are made with a few people with planks and string.

Also crop circles have been reported for 100's of years, though much more in the last 30.

The 'magnetic traces' and the 'microwave nodes' differences between human made and non-human made crop circles have never been scientifically proven. Time and again these finding comes from pseudoscience people who are not the most reliable people for scientific proof. Just look at what I posted about crop circle researcher Peter van Laerhoven, he comes with all kinds of explanaitions and says scientifically sounding things only to find out it's a man made advertorial.

It has been shown time and again that is no problem for humans to make incredible complex crop circle formations with an outstanding accuracy. Saying that this can't be made by human hands is kinda insulting for the human race because we just can.

And for the energy you can feel in those fields, if you are at awe because you think this can't be made by humans you will always feel unnerved and quite exited hence the 'energy'.

I'm open for things beyond the ordinary but it has to be real proof and not just a stack of 'pseudoscience proof'.

balaganist
#24 Posted : 6/8/2009 2:30:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd like to believe some of them are real. I've read witness accounts of seeing balls of light falling near fields the night before crop-circles had been found. No doubt there is also an amazing art form involved in the 'faked' ones.
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

polytrip
#25 Posted : 6/8/2009 7:59:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
SWIMfriend wrote:
polytrip wrote:
...you would not see such a thing for instance as superintelligent behaviour?

By current estimates, humans have been around as a species for about 100,000 years. It took humanity about 80,000-90,000 to develop the ideas of cultivating plants and domesticating animals for food. It took most of the remaining 10,000-20,000 to develop writing, the printing press, and the cognitive process of science.

99,500 years just to get started? I wouldn't call that superintelligent behavior.

All the amazing developments of the last 500 years depended not on superintelligence, but on common intelligence collected and build upon by accrual. Our progress has been mostly based upon a collection of the occasional good ideas of people--the best of whom are lucky to have one or a few good ideas, analyses, or insights in a lifetime--using the very simple tools of experimental science.

Furthermore, recent work in cognitive science has demonstrated just how poorly put together we are in terms of thinking abilities.

History demonstrates that gory fights over resources are MUCH nearer to our hearts than thinking and analysis. Objectively, it seems we're only just a bit smarter than chimps--plus we possess the additional capacity to formulate concepts in spoken language and, at least for the last 500 years or so, easily store those concepts for others to use. That's about it--I just don't see the superintelligence you allude to...

IMO, the best way for individuals to maximize whatever inherent abilities they may have is to gain an awareness of just how meager our intelligence really is.

I agree that human intelligence is far from the theoretical optimum or that there are things we suck at compared to for instance, computers. But i think intelligence in humans as well as in many other animals is a true miracle. Also, i disagree that our tendency to lose ourselves in gory fights is stronger than our capacity to coöperate, solve problems and our capacity for altruïsm and empathy.

Some say that civilization is onlty skin deep and that underneath we're all wild animals. I would say that it's rather the other way round; even the greatest barbarians have deeply rooted social traits they can never completely ignore. Our sometimes uncivilized behaviour is actually a proof of this, since creatures without deeply rooted social traits couldn't even be able of sadism. Tigers and crocodiles hurt their victims, but you could never acuse them of sadism, while humans, chimpansees and dolphins are clearly very capable of this.
That has to do with their capabillity to relate to and identify themselves with others and to anticipate to what others might do or how others might anticipate, etc. These capabilities are as much evolutionary inherited as socialy learned through life.

Anyway, life is a miracle to me and it is possible to realize this without seeing ourselves in a sort of pre-copernican way as the crown to god's work and the centre of the universe.

"maybe there is intelligent life, somewhere out in space, becausse it's bogger all down here on earth" Quoting 'monthy python and the meaning of life' here. Intelligent humour, to my opinion, but maybe one day someone will build a computer wich' capabillity to make jokes goes far beyond our comprehension.

SWIMfriend
#26 Posted : 6/8/2009 8:13:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
...But i think intelligence in humans as well as in many other animals is a true miracle...

I agree.

As to the rest...involved responses would tend to hijack the thread.

The Traveler
#27 Posted : 6/8/2009 9:19:59 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Dagger wrote:
"The Traveler" wrote:
I'm open for things beyond the ordinary but it has to be real proof and not just a stack of 'pseudoscience proof'.

The same thing can me said about dmt and ayahuasca. It is not like it is an accepted healing method by the medical establishment. Yet, many people here can attest to its wonders. So, we have to be careful about asking for too much proof. And yet we should not blindly accept everything that is said. My suggestion is to investigate things first hand if you truly want to learn about it. And imho 'truths' should be held lightly, or it can become dogma.

It's a thin line indeed, thank you for pointing that out.

imPsimon
#28 Posted : 6/9/2009 4:48:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's a link to a 3hr video with people who make cropcircles:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgfuUwM4xQQ
Enjoy! =)

...Humans built the very computer screen you're looking at so we are able to create very complex things (feel free to look around).
It's like magic tricks. It seems more complex (I'm not saying it's easy) than it really is, until you know how it's done.
But it's an amazing art! =)

Burnison
#29 Posted : 6/10/2009 12:13:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

some crop circles NOT so cool
Laughing Shocked Laughing

I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.
Groucho Marx

Disclaimer: All of these posts are of a fictitious nature only. Their author is known to be a pathological attention-seeking liar and he/she should NOT be taken seriously in any way. Do not trust anything he/she says because it is simply untrue.

Saidin
#30 Posted : 6/10/2009 2:15:45 AM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

^ Now that is funny, if unfortunate for the farmer...
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

PREV12