We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Alkaloids and corresponding solvents. Options

soulfood
#21 Posted : 6/12/2009 4:41:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Twisted Smile

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

kemist
#22 Posted : 6/14/2009 3:37:07 AM

John

It's well known that harmalas are soluble in hot saline solutions.And insoluble in the cold saline solutions. Question is what is the minimum concentration of salt in water at which harmalas would stay insoluble. One know that 10%saline is fine, but can one go lower say 5 or even 1% solution ?
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

timeloop
#23 Posted : 6/16/2009 1:20:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can see this being a very useful list indeed! ill help out if there are any experiments that need filling in and add to it where-ever I can Smile

The Traveler
#24 Posted : 9/6/2009 2:41:50 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Observant
#25 Posted : 9/6/2009 3:14:36 PM

Nothing Stops The Void

LSA SOLUBILITY

69ron wrote:

SWIM's first crude LSA extraction used isopropyl alcohol and it was highly successful.

You can extract LSA from the seeds using the following solvents that SWIM tested:

Water
Isopropyl Alcohol
Ethyl Alcohol
Acetone
Methyl Ethyl Ketone

You can NOT extract LSA from the seeds using these solvents:

Naphtha (that includes V&P Naphtha, charcoal lighter fluid, etc.)
DCM (Dichloromethane)
Xylene
Heptane
Toulene

The LSA is present in the seeds in water soluble salt form. When in freebase form it is soluble in the following solvents that SWIM tests:

Water
Isopropyl Alcohol
Ethyl Alcohol
Acetone
Methyl Ethyl Ketone
DCM

More Info on LSA Extractions here:
http://dmt-nexus.me/foru....aspx?g=posts&t=6441
Had he more quickly realized just who they were,he would have shown them more respect.Had he tried harder to fathom their brilliant minds,he would have taken more of their teachings to heart.Had he more clearly understood the purpose of their being,
he would have more vigorously tried to assist them.They were truly honorable; he was sadly prejudiced.
They were exceedingly well informed; he was grossly ignorant.They were totally indefatigable; he so often, and so quickly,gave up. Still, for many years there was a strong inter-species alliance between the Eleven-Eleven of the Half-way Realm, their Seraphic Associates,and their flesh-and-blood friend, a common mortal. Much was accomplished, many profited, and, there’s only one regret...They could have achieved so much more...

All Hypnotizing Hypnotizes Hypnotizing

SuperRad
#26 Posted : 9/7/2009 3:09:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

On a related note: what solvents are these substances completely INSOLUBLE in?

For example: say SWIM patiently grew some large beautiful freebase crystals over a week and wants to encase one in a liquid for preservation and admiration. Would something like propylene glycol work?

PREV12