We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Spiced Morning Glory Rum Options

Hiyo Quicksilver
#1 Posted : 10/26/2013 8:49:48 AM

just some guy

Since it's the perfect time of year for it, I had a fixin' to make a seasonal version of a favorite libation of mine: Morning Glory Booze! ...And since I'm of the opinion that the whole world is a better and happier place with a bit of glowing, psychedelic booze around, here's a recipe for it!

*I'll be adding more pictures in the near future, with some extraction pics and a final money shot in about a month.*

Quicksilver's Spiced Morning Glory Rum

A mildly psychedelic seasonal liqueur flavored with herbs, spices & drugs.
~1.2mg LSA per 1.5 ounce serving, makes 17 servings.

Ingredients

- 20mg of freebase LSA in drinkable ethanol (~2000 heavenly blue seeds or ~80 HBWR)
- 750ml Light Rum
- 50ml good bourbon whiskey
- 1-2 tablespoons of orange blossom honey
Spices (use whole, fresh ingredients as much as possible):
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 allspice berries
- 1 clove
- 1 cardamom pod
- 1 star anise pod
- 2 whole, split vanilla beans
- 4 black peppercorns
- 4 thick, quarter-sized slices of ginger root
- 2 coffee beans
- 1 pinch of syrian rue seeds
- 1 big pinch of ginko biloba leaves

Equipment & Supplies
Everything needed for Kash's Advanced LSA Extraction, except the peppermint oil.
Plus:
2 150-200ml glass bottles with lids
1 100-200ml amberglass bottle
1 mesh culinary bag or large tea bag
coffee filters, mesh strainer and (optional) a large buchner funnel w/ flask and pump.
various utensils as needed (stirrers, forceps, siphoning tools, etc.)

Spicing the Rum
Prepare all the spices; slice ginger, split vanilla beans and place all powdered ingredients in a culinary or large tea bag. Then open the bottle of rum and pour 150ml or it into a small bottle, seal and store for later. Place all of the spices into the bottle in as large of pieces as will fit into the neck. Do not add the honey or bourbon yet. Re-seal the bottle and swirl the contents gently until thoroughly mixed. The rum should begin to take on a slightly darker hue. Wrap the bottle tightly in aluminum foil and place a dark place at 50-75F (a cellar is best) for 4-6 weeks, depending on desired strength. Swirl gently for about 30 seconds every week or two, but no more than weekly. You don't want to beat up the ingredients and release bitter flavors.

Spiking the rum
-Extract the LSA from organic and freshly harvested Morning Glory, Ololiuqui or Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds or similar, according to Kash's Advanced LSA Extraction tek and dissolve in a small amount of drinkable ethanol.
Measure out 20 mg of LSA (adjusted for purity and concentration - Know your stuff!), or the equivalent of 2000 MG seeds or about 80 HBWR seeds.
Remember that 150ml of rum you poured out and saved? Grab that and separate evenly between two bottles. Add the LSA into one bottle and seal. Into the other, add the bourbon and honey and let these sit for a full day in a cool dark place.

Unwrap and unseal your rum, then pour it out through a strainer to remove all solids. It should have a darker color and definite spiced aroma. If you want it stronger, add fresh spices and leave it for another month. If not, fish all ingredients from the bottle and discard (or keep the vanilla beans to flavor sugar), then rinse the bottle. Quickly and gently pour your spiced rum through a coffee filter to remove particles that will cause cloudiness and bitterness; A buchner filter is very useful for this. After the rum is strained, pour in the two small bottles of LSA and honey/bourbon laced rum. Stir and seal well, and store in a cool dry place. It tastes its best and is most potent if consumed within a year of final bottling.

Keep in mind that this is not meant to be a healthy beverage and, like any drug, should only be used in moderation. This recipe yields a drink with a little over 1mg of LSA per 1.5 ounce shot, meaning that one or two shots should be about enough for the average woman or man to get an effective, psychedelic dose of LSA from this drink. Doses of LSA above 6mg or so (5-6 shots) are commonly known to be quite unpleasant for some folks. Your mileage may vary, so stick to a shot or two at first... Better to be underwhelmed than under way too much of this stuff.
Additionally, certain ingredients in this recipe (including but not limited to Alcohol, LSA, Ginger and many spices) may cause severe drug interactions with antidepressants, heart medications and many other pharmaceuticals. Be sure to take a good look at the list of ingredients and do your homework... or at least don't come looking for me if, say, you didn't bother to find out that your Warfarin and SSRI's interact dangerously with most of the ingredients on the list until after you slugged down a quarter of a bottle.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

TheAwakening
#2 Posted : 10/28/2013 7:58:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for posting mate, I've been interested in trying something like this for a little while so it's good to see as many different takes on it as possible, especially a well written one like this. How do you find the vasoconstriction when drinking this beverage? I know alcohol alone is a vasodialator and it's likely possible to add vasodialating herbs or spices to the drink to increase this effect. I'm interested in making some hwbr alcohol but am quite turned off by the vasoconstriction I've heard many say makes journeying with morning glories really bad but others have absolutely excellent journeys.

Hiyo Quicksilver
#3 Posted : 10/28/2013 5:39:15 PM

just some guy

Thank you for the compliment, I hope this helps out a bit! Most of the work is in the LSA extraction, but once that's done it's pretty smooth sailing from there, no matter what sort of libation you're looking to make;

The vasoconstriction from LSA varies greatly from person to person, and situation to situation. It generally doesn't bother me, but this bottle is a gift to a friend who is pretty sensitive so I took a couple extra considerations such as extracting the morning glory seeds fully and adding more ginger as well as ginko. Ginko Biloba works well in moderation and is included in the recipe, as does the alcohol itself. You should find though that a good defat in the acid stage of extraction does most of the work though. LSA is not nearly as offensive to the body as everything else in MG or HBWR seeds, etc, and shouldn't give you much of a problem in its pure form. A short walk/jog around once in a while should be enough to keep any adverse effects at bay.