We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
First deeper experience into Salvia space. Options

Inner Paths
#1 Posted : 10/24/2013 2:34:21 PM

Secretary of the Interior

Hi all, I thought I'd write up my first deeper experience into Salvia space earlier today. I started off with my usual 50mg of plain leaf that I've been experimenting with for the past few weeks which will get me between a level 1 and 2 depending on how well I take in the smoke and hold it.

This dose got me to an early level 2, I got to the edge of Salvia space, felt a male presence to my right who's name might have been Todd and had some visuals in my minds eye that resembled this picture but in reverse image of white on black background:

There was multiples of this tunnelling in a row off into the distant. I had a beautiful extended afterglow, engaged in some hand mudras and meditation and rode it out.

Feeling good, I loaded up 75mg and 25 minutes after my first experience, I took in the bridge of smoke and held it in for around 30 seconds.... On the exhalation I experienced the fractalisation and infinite regression of my last sober thought, like a psychedelic frame grab that started spiralling off and twisting three-dimensionally into a complex escher like space. This was expressed in visual space behind my closed eyes. It was complete warping and twisting of mental space, a literal roomful of mirrors stuck in a weird, twisting compressing universe.

My ego started grasping and trying to assert itself, a feeling of trepidation entered the picture as it all kicked in and the thought popped up that this might last forever. Thankfully I brought myself back to my calm centre and breath, reminded myself that this will only last a short while and to relax.

During this warping of mental space I started losing the sense of my body, it was mostly mind. My sense of self was still very much intact but I was getting lost in the experience and the outside world was very distant. Pretty soon, within the space of a few minutes, everything settled down and I was mostly back to normal.

The experience as a whole was not overly negative, but not overly positive either... pretty neutral. There wasn't much of an afterglow either, more of a WTF feeling that my mind space could so easily get so warped and twisted like that. I think, as a first deeper dive into Salvia space, my mind was doing all it could to cope, future experience might bring a more comfortable experience at this level to explore around in, I guess I'm still very much learning the ropes and terrain of Salvia space.

I'm damn surprised I could get this far on 75mg of plain leaf, I'm pretty certain I'm a salvia softhead. This experience wasn't a breakthrough as far as I understand, but it was good solid glimpse down the rabbit hole, I'm guessing somewhere in the realm of a level 4 experience.

Such a strange plant spirit this one and the rabbithole only gets deeper and stranger the further you go. I don't think I'll be going any deeper any time soon, hehehe. I can easily do level 1 and 2 with meditation on a bi-weekly basis but the deeper levels need more integration time, that's for sure.

I'd love to hear any thoughts from the resident nexus salvianauts on this, cheers Smile
"The love I've made is the shape of my space"

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Metanoia
#2 Posted : 10/24/2013 7:54:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What I like about this is that it mirrors my experience fairly accurately Smile Although this is after working with Salvia for years now. You definitely have a low tolerance for Salvia, and that's a good thing. You also have a comfortable respect for her as well, which is also a good thing - even required.

That picture you posted is of the same general shape and feel of a being I encountered and had a conversation with a while ago.

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=23014
Dioxippus wrote:
The entity was very....intriguing. His face was very similar to a humans face, but with some fundamental differences. The nose and ears were much smaller, as were the eyes. They were like two small black marbles. His mouth seemed to be exaggerated, much larger than it should be. And the muscles around his eyes as well. His face was a bit wider than what one would expect. The most vivid part of the experience was the deluge of emotion which cascaded over his face. Very expressive eyes and mouth. His hair was bristly looking, almost like a wire brush, standing on it's end. Something else I didn't go into in the report was his cloak/robe. It was a reddish color, and had stripes (which is a repetitive theme throughout my trips) of white and gold. Familiar, yet alien.

I find Salvia to have a very long integration time. Tryptamines are much easier for me to understand and accept, in a way. Salvia is so completely...utterly...bizarre, obscene, comical yet serious. Very difficult to interpret much of the time and even more difficult to integrate into ones life. That challenging aspect is part of what attracts me to this plant. It's not easy to work with, and I love it that much more for it. Smile

Thanks for sharing your experience, I enjoyed it as always Thumbs up

Inner Paths
#3 Posted : 10/25/2013 12:58:40 AM

Bizarre is a pretty apt description. I've had a similar level of intensity on changa a few years ago, and it had a completely different feel to it... It had a strong euphoric component and was pretty blissful compared to the nuetrality of the deeper Salvia space. It's hard to say if I enjoyed it in the typical way you enjoy an altered state of consciousness but I found it immensely interesting from an observers point of view, that's for sure! It was an intense reality stuttering of mental space that was being pushed, twisted and stretched between dimensions and that can be hard to fathom and integrate, hehehe!

The level 1 and 2 experiences in combo with a meditative mind and throat singing, etc are immensely workable on a regular basis, I find them very euphoric and blissful at times too. I've also had a few intense dreams/nightmares in the last week or so that I have analysed that have brought to light some directions I should be moving in in my life. It seems the lower levels are great for mind work on problems and areas of life that need improvement.

Sounds like you got a much more detailed visual of the entity, what i saw was very similar to the picture I linked but white on black and there was a bunch of them lined up kind of like paper cut outs that were moving off from both sides into the distance. I looked up the name of the entity, it's Kokpelli here is a brief description:

Quote:
Kokopelli is a fertility deity, usually depicted as a humpbacked flute player (often with feathers or antenna-like protrusions on his head), who has been venerated by some Native American cultures in the Southwestern United States. Like most fertility deities, Kokopelli presides over both childbirth and agriculture. He is also a trickster god and represents the spirit of music.

Interestingly, me and my wife have been talking of trying to conceive in the not too distant future so the fact that I saw a deity of fertility is interesting! Also interesting that he is a spirit of music too, as that is my main mode of expression in the world.

Anyway, thanks for the imparted knowledge Dioxippus, you are one of the gurus on Salvia and your experience and opinion are massively appreciated. These deeper levels I won't be visiting no way near as often but I will return. As for working at the lower levels, that i will continue a few times a week as it is an amazing adjunct to my meditation and personal development.

Lady Salvia the trickster with many faces!

Metanoia
#4 Posted : 10/25/2013 1:57:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's very interesting about the fertility deity. A flute player! Smile I've always been drawn to flutes of all different types. Music is also my main avenue of expression. It seems we are quite alike brother! I'd also like to wish you the best of luck in conceiving a child, if you do end up making that decision in the near future Wink

I'm going to have to do some reading about this Kokopelli fellow.

Inner Paths
#5 Posted : 10/25/2013 3:03:49 AM

Yes, I think we are quite similar... both you and Hyperspace Fool I have always resonated with a lot in your posts on the nexus, both in regards to music and your approaches and philosophies about psychedelics and life in general Smile

And thank you for the kind wishes in regards to trying for kids. It fills me with equal excitement and trepidation, it's a game changer and as a person that values my private time above almost anything else (it comes from being an artist and having the time to nurture the creative spirit I guess) it'll be a big change but also a change to stop being so selfish and learn to embrace completely and selflessly another being.

I have a few genetic dispositions that make child bearing harder for me than it is for most, so having a Kokopelli like visual come up in my Salvia experience is interesting to say the least, definitely something to meditate on.

Anyways my brother, cheers for the insight and kind words Thumbs up