We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New Scientist: Our World May Be a Giant Hologram Options

SpiceGirl
#1 Posted : 6/5/2009 11:23:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys, I read this a few months back and just ran across the link again. Coulda sworn someone had been talking about this on the forums so I thought I'd share the link there but Search was fruitless? Maybe I'm just fooling myself hah, so anyway posting a new thread for it.

http://www.newscientist....be-a-giant-hologram.html

I think it's pretty interesting, to say the least. What do you guys think?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

idtravlr
#2 Posted : 6/6/2009 12:39:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

WOW! Great find SG! That is cognitive gold right there! Mind blowing, thanks for sharing!
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

SpiceGirl
#3 Posted : 6/6/2009 3:33:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hehe no prob, doin what I can with what I got Very happy Glad you liked it too! =)

Saidin
#4 Posted : 6/6/2009 5:42:18 AM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Yeah, I have a post over in Philosophy section about this...pretty cool idea, and makes a lot of sense. Always good to have links to scientific journals/articles...

The veil is being lifted! Smile

I like your avatar a lot too SpiceGirl, reminds me of re-entry from dmt space, very similar to what I experience.
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

Eclectic
#5 Posted : 6/15/2009 5:58:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I suggest ANYONE reading this go out and buy The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot. It's the best theory of reality I've ever heard and it feels right.. it seems to be scientifically sound and it just makes some sort of innate sense, especially considering what mystics have said about the world for years.. how it's illusitory or maya..

Does DMT show us how malleable the perception is, or how chaotic the world actually is when the brain's veil is pulled back and we're allowed to see in a different mode. I mean, our view of reality is in an extremely narrow band of the electromagnetic spectrum.. We turn the world, which is a dancing sea of quantum wave forms, into solid objects.. Hell, most things are made up of more empty space than matter, yet things look solid to us.. It's because it wouldn't be very useful for us as creatures to see the world that way.. evolution gave us a practical set of senses with which to survive.. but what's really out there is astounding, and I feel personally like drugs help to pull that veil back.. change our mode of perception enough that we see we're basically energy living in a sea of interconnected energy..

Also the aspects of a hologram are one of the only good satisfying explanations for non-locality that I've seen.. String theory somehow gets more respect than the holographic theory, when the holographic theory seems to have more merit.. there seems to be a good amount of actual scientific evidence that the mind stores memories holographically throughout the brain.. basically meaning each part contains the whole. That sort of mind and reality meshes so beautifully with what mystics and religious have said about the world for thousands of years.. in each part is contained the whole.. as above is below.. It's a pretty enough theory that I really would hope it's true.. if it's not, I've not heard any other theory that comes close to explaining existence in a more elegant way.. String theory has a book on it by a popular string theorist, Brian Greene I think is his name, called "The Elegant Universe".. I don't find anything elegant about the sloppy untestable unsure string theory.. at least if the holographic theory isn't testable, it's actually elegant..

A real theory of everything likely isn't testable by us right now.. the way things really are is beyond us at this time.. I think as time goes on, we'll see more articles possibly supporting the holographic theory.. string theory sounds sometimes like it could just be part of a larger holographic model..

I'm not an expert, I've read the book 3 times I think because it's so interesting.. it goes into explaining all sorts of paranormal phenomena, or potential explanations, and it does it's best to stay scientific about it the whole time.. The theory wasn't thought up by some crackpot new age person saying we have like 4 strands of DNA but lost them when we left Atlantis or some shit.. This theory was produced by David Bohm and Karl Pribram, both respected scientists in their fields, and Bohm and Pribram came to their conclusions separately, Bohm for the larger model and Pribram for a model of the brain..

Go to borders or barnes and noble or something.. find the book, it's actually in the science section and not New Age (that would sorta make me mad) and read a little.. if you have an interest in science and the world or an paranormal stuff or why drugs might do some of the crazy things that do.. then I bet you'll wanna read the rest.. Go get it! It has improved my life just by making me think. It's a good look outside the box.
This universe, which is the same for all, has not been made by any god or man, but it always has been, is, and will be an ever-living fire, kindling itself by regular measures and going out by regular measures.

Oh, and if you found yourself wondering what my avatar says, it's "Very Gradual CHANGE We Can Believe in".. I love that.

SpiceGirl
#6 Posted : 6/15/2009 9:52:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Electic, gonna look for that book now!

#7 Posted : 6/16/2009 3:35:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Eclectic wrote:
I suggest ANYONE reading this go out and buy The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot. It's the best theory of reality I've ever heard and it feels right.. it seems to be scientifically sound and it just makes some sort of innate sense, especially considering what mystics have said about the world for years.. how it's illusitory or maya..

Does DMT show us how malleable the perception is, or how chaotic the world actually is when the brain's veil is pulled back and we're allowed to see in a different mode. I mean, our view of reality is in an extremely narrow band of the electromagnetic spectrum.. We turn the world, which is a dancing sea of quantum wave forms, into solid objects.. Hell, most things are made up of more empty space than matter, yet things look solid to us.. It's because it wouldn't be very useful for us as creatures to see the world that way.. evolution gave us a practical set of senses with which to survive.. but what's really out there is astounding, and I feel personally like drugs help to pull that veil back.. change our mode of perception enough that we see we're basically energy living in a sea of interconnected energy..

Also the aspects of a hologram are one of the only good satisfying explanations for non-locality that I've seen.. String theory somehow gets more respect than the holographic theory, when the holographic theory seems to have more merit.. there seems to be a good amount of actual scientific evidence that the mind stores memories holographically throughout the brain.. basically meaning each part contains the whole. That sort of mind and reality meshes so beautifully with what mystics and religious have said about the world for thousands of years.. in each part is contained the whole.. as above is below.. It's a pretty enough theory that I really would hope it's true.. if it's not, I've not heard any other theory that comes close to explaining existence in a more elegant way.. String theory has a book on it by a popular string theorist, Brian Greene I think is his name, called "The Elegant Universe".. I don't find anything elegant about the sloppy untestable unsure string theory.. at least if the holographic theory isn't testable, it's actually elegant..

A real theory of everything likely isn't testable by us right now.. the way things really are is beyond us at this time.. I think as time goes on, we'll see more articles possibly supporting the holographic theory.. string theory sounds sometimes like it could just be part of a larger holographic model..

I'm not an expert, I've read the book 3 times I think because it's so interesting.. it goes into explaining all sorts of paranormal phenomena, or potential explanations, and it does it's best to stay scientific about it the whole time.. The theory wasn't thought up by some crackpot new age person saying we have like 4 strands of DNA but lost them when we left Atlantis or some shit.. This theory was produced by David Bohm and Karl Pribram, both respected scientists in their fields, and Bohm and Pribram came to their conclusions separately, Bohm for the larger model and Pribram for a model of the brain..

Go to borders or barnes and noble or something.. find the book, it's actually in the science section and not New Age (that would sorta make me mad) and read a little.. if you have an interest in science and the world or an paranormal stuff or why drugs might do some of the crazy things that do.. then I bet you'll wanna read the rest.. Go get it! It has improved my life just by making me think. It's a good look outside the box.

I have also read The Holographic Universe by Talbot. Great book! And it explains everything so well. I have read it 2 times! Its interesting because i seem to catch stuff that i didn't before when I read it.

COMPASSION AND RESPECT