We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Terrible first experience with GVG / DMT Options

dmt_spider
#1 Posted : 10/10/2013 1:03:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well tonight was the first time I tried to try DMT. Let me set the scene:

29 year old male who has never even smoked a cigarette. Tried mushrooms for the first time recently and liked them, wanted to give DMT a go. Bought a GVG and some ceramic filter discs (to use instead of a choreboy), put 30mg of DMT goo extracted from ACRB using Cyb's tek on it and heated using Turboflame Arc. Read the entire GVG FAQ thread to get an idea of how to do it. Even put on some music and practiced breathing deeply as I was very nervous.

Well things did not go well. I had read about heating the GVG ceramic filter up red hot so I held the lighter at the recommended distance and heated it for what seemed like 10-15 seconds but it never got red, so I thought "surely it is heated enough" then I proceeded to take a long slow pull.

I noticed thick white vapour filling the chamber of the GVG, good sign, I thought. Concentrated on trying to inhale this in one breath, I think it must have spent about 3-4 seconds inside me before I let out an almighty hacking cough, and a massive thick white cloud of vaped DMT came billowing out of my mouth / nose. My wife rushed over and grabbed the GVG and lighter from me.

I waited with anticipation for the onset of something...anything. It never came. Cue to 5 seconds later and I feel like I'm going to vomit, with an intense burning sensation at the back of my throat. My wife gave me some ice water and it seemed to make it better but it's still here half an hour later.

Feeling pretty disappointed even though I know the GVG has been said to be tricky for first timers and of course it was only my first attempt. I feel as though I am at a distinct disadvantage with all of this because I have never smoked tobacco or marijuana before.

We agreed the vapour smelt strongly, similar to mothballs, and when I did the extraction it was definitely that distinct "new shoe" smell, so I'm positive that the DMT is good.

Any tips anyone can give me specifically that aren't already in the GVG help thread? I'm surprised I didn't feel any effects of 30mg even though I only held it in for about 3 or 4 seconds. I also wonder if I inhaled it fully into my lungs or not, but a hell of a lot came out when I coughed so I think I did.

Perhaps next time I should try with 10mg or 15mg and try doing it in more breaths? It seemed hard to tell when it was heated enough to be inhaled though.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

gibran2
#2 Posted : 10/10/2013 1:34:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

If lots of vapor came out when you coughed, then it’s likely that very little was absorbed. Three seconds is hardly enough time for vapor to be absorbed, so it's not surprising you didn't have effects.

If the vapor was harsh as you describe, then it’s likely you overheated it. There is no reason to get the ceramic glowing red. I’ve never had to heat it that hot.

Use a more gentle heating approach – don’t start heating until you start inhaling, and raise and lower the flame to get an optimal distance for good heating.

It’s a bit tricky at first – too much heat and you produce harsh acrid smoke, too little heat and you don’t vaporize much.

Good luck your next try!
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Randomness
#3 Posted : 10/10/2013 1:41:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Try practising with a few small 5 to 10 mg hits. You don't need to breakthrough on the first go. This way you can get used to the action of inhaling the vapour as well as getting used to the feeling of dmt. No need to rush these things your only 29 and your spice is going nowhere.

I start with the torch a good distance (15 - 20cm) away from the gvg and slowly bring the lighter closer as I inhale. When I see vapour I back the lighter off a little and slowly inhale the hit. Then I close my eyes and hold my breath for all I'm worth. Harsh smoke usually implies that you have used to much heat. I would suppose that as you are a non smoker it may take a few goes to feel comfortable inhaling and holding it all down.

When I use my gvg I just put the spice on the ceramic diffuser that is supposed to filter the flame. Your not meant to do this but it does work really well.

Hope this info helps a bit and good luck with your journey.

Gianluca
#4 Posted : 10/10/2013 3:25:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah def sounds like you over heated it. Whenever I use the GVG the vape is so cool there is no need to have water around for your throat.

Heres a video to show you how to vape with the genie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rfb_ijE4rI

Also the filter just needs to be heated up a tiny bit in order for the DMT to melt.It doesn't have to be red hot at all. Def hold it in longer and put it on the filter like random said. Should make a big difference.

dmt_spider
#5 Posted : 10/10/2013 10:50:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the tips everyone, it does seem light overheating could have been the issue for sure, that air/vapour was very hot! I will play around with distance and timing a bit more next time - start further away and hold the flame over the opening for less time, also might go with less spice just to get the hang of it.

MagicGing
#6 Posted : 10/10/2013 11:24:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

could possibly have been the acacia??

its sometimes a rather odd plant ime

good luck Smile
“The swans go on the path of the sun, they go through the ether by means of their miraculous power; the wise are led out of this world, when they have conquered Mara (desire) and his train" Dhammapada

"But is it probable," asked Pascal, "that probability gives assurance? Nothing gives certainty but truth; nothing gives rest but for the sincere search for truth"

Kobranek
#7 Posted : 10/10/2013 11:40:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Word of caution you have an extremely efficient vaporizing device so start low and work your way up. If you decide to forgo with using dmt you'll find out that it may have been a blessing in disguise that you didn't hold in those 30 mg's long enough for your first ride. I barely got the calling to up my dose to 31 mg and went through with it after having my gvg for a couple years ..whew...I'm staying with my 27 mg dose for a while lets just leave it at that.
Theres a huge difference within a matter of a few mg's at those dose levels...good luck with your next try you'll get it if you want it bad enough and can get through all the defense mechanism to get there...interestingly not holding it in long enough is one.

dmt_spider
#8 Posted : 10/11/2013 1:42:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the advice. I might start low with something like 10 to 20mg then. That is probably a more comfortable dose and not as much vapour to try and inhale. Easier to get used to the idea and method of administration.

Randomness
#9 Posted : 10/11/2013 9:20:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dmt_spider wrote:
Thanks for the advice. I might start low with something like 10 to 20mg then. That is probably a more comfortable dose and not as much vapour to try and inhale. Easier to get used to the idea and method of administration.

Much better plan :-) you don't need to jump in straight at the deep end. Spice can be a but much if your not prepared and don't know what to expect. Way better to build up a bit of familiarity with the molecule before you let it fully immerse you into the void.

Happy travels

Vaast
#10 Posted : 10/11/2013 6:35:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Many excellent points here. 10-15mg in my GVG produces a very strong body load with mild OEVs and beautiful CEVs... breakthrough might not be the best goal the first time. Give yourself a chance to become familiar with the feeling of hyperspace, or the big one can be very intense. My first breakthrough is still the most amazing experience I have ever had, and it was the most difficult experience also, and I had done ayahuasca 12 times and vaped my own spice multiple times before attempting to breakthrough. My first breakthrough is described here. The GVG has a learning curve as mentioned and vapour shouldn't look as thick as smoke... I've chared many a herb bowls to learn how much to heat right for myself. I've used a stack of 20 screens which worked fine and now i just put a nice bed of changa herbs down on the one screen for the spice to melt into.. better air flow in my opinion. Keep trying smaller amounts like suggested and hold dat spice in!!!! Smile

alert
#11 Posted : 10/11/2013 7:04:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

MagicGing wrote:
could possibly have been the acacia??

its sometimes a rather odd plant ime

good luck Smile

It is an odd plant indeed, but odd in a good way imo Smile

I prefer the full spectrum confusa extract to pure DMT by a long shot. Of course we are all different.

ymer
#12 Posted : 10/11/2013 7:30:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think you burned the spice, burned DMT is horrid and burns your throat like molten plastic Sad

Aequitas_x
#13 Posted : 10/11/2013 9:05:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It took me five or six tries to get ANYTHING out of my gvg. Load up some small doses and practice.
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before." -Edgar Allan Poe

dmt_spider
#14 Posted : 10/12/2013 12:05:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the EXCELLENT suggestions and reassurance everyone. Hearing how other people started out is beneficial too - glad to know I'm not the only one! Smile

xenderino
#15 Posted : 10/27/2013 12:05:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I am currently in the same situation.

Using the GVG with a well sized chore-boy disc.

When I try to use the heat gently - I see a really low amount of vapor in the GVG (at this part if i inhale - it feels like air.) I tried saving that in my lungs for 20 seconds but nothing happend.

Only when i heat it more - and get white thick vapors inside the gvg - I inhale that, try really hard not to cough (most of the time I cough really hard from this) - but this gives me mild CEV and nothing with opened eyes.

How many draws can I take from the GVG before my tolerance kicks in? mind you, this is before I feel anything at all.

Also - Im still confused whether i need to see white thick vapor (smoke?) or just vapes inside the glass.

I am at try 6 already.

Global
#16 Posted : 10/27/2013 12:59:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

Definitely sounds like it was too hot. If you're extremely nauseous, there are good chances you burned it. Don't worry about turning the ceramic disc red. When you start seeing vapor, I would ease off the lighter. It's much more pleasant when you don't burn it.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

xenderino
#17 Posted : 10/28/2013 8:34:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Global wrote:
Definitely sounds like it was too hot. If you're extremely nauseous, there are good chances you burned it. Don't worry about turning the ceramic disc red. When you start seeing vapor, I would ease off the lighter. It's much more pleasant when you don't burn it.

But should one keep on heating the ceramic filter even after the white vapor appears? Just less heat?

I usually stop heating it when i see the white vapor in the glass. I guess thats why i only feel mild effects?

dmt_spider
#18 Posted : 10/28/2013 8:51:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'd also like to know the answer to the question of whether the heat should stop being applied when vapour can be seen.

From reading through the stickied GVG thread, it appears as though the torch should be moved further away from the top of the GVG but still heating it? Is that how most people are doing it?

3rdI
#19 Posted : 10/28/2013 8:59:41 AM

veni, vidi, spici

once vapour starts to appear I bounce the flame up and down so the filter glows on and off, this seems to work well.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Global
#20 Posted : 10/28/2013 12:24:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

It's hard to answer your question exactly because I turn off the flame entirely once a certain consistency of smoke is achieved. Kinda hard to explain, but once as soon as it's pluming nice and thick, I'll turn the lighter off and continue to inhale from there.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

12NEXT