We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Diffrent Jars Options

HydroBlowBack
#1 Posted : 6/5/2009 10:59:09 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I want to do the nomans tek (im in the UK) and im finding it very hard to find a 1L glass jar without a rubber seal! i have everything but the jar! so any help will be highly appreciated. i have been to tesco to buy jars but all have rubber seals!
"And then came me the destructive teen with a handfull of bars and a mind full of dreams"

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Xstacy
#2 Posted : 6/5/2009 11:23:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Do stores there sell pickles IN jars? Mason Jars? SWIM heard from a friend that he used that from wal-mart. ^ edit
All illegal narcotics are medicinal. Boredom is a disease worse than cancer. Drugs cure it, with little or no side effects if used as directed - Doug Stanhope.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson

HydroBlowBack
#3 Posted : 6/5/2009 11:27:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

They do but they all have rubber sealed lids =( mason jars are quite hard to find here or they come in packs of 24 or something!
"And then came me the destructive teen with a handfull of bars and a mind full of dreams"

Xstacy
#4 Posted : 6/5/2009 11:34:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hmm I dunno then, SWIM uses pickle jars with no problems, but mason jars are worth it. Nothing wrong with having 24 of em. They are designed for pickling things /shrug.
All illegal narcotics are medicinal. Boredom is a disease worse than cancer. Drugs cure it, with little or no side effects if used as directed - Doug Stanhope.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson

acolon_5
#5 Posted : 6/5/2009 3:01:36 PM

The Great Namah

Use a milk jug. You have them over there yes?

That's what I always use. Glass can be weaked by NaOH over time and can become a real hazard (think highly basified caustic mimosa sludge, shattered glass, and solvent all over the floor).

Go with HDPE plastic (high density polyurathane)
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

soulfood
#6 Posted : 6/5/2009 4:17:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

My latest STB involved a 2L standard plastic bottle that contained mineral water. Many would frown on this but I havent detected any plastic on the spice or any areas on the bottle that have softened in the slightest. It was evian branded and doesn't have the standard rubbery bit inside the cap, it just screws on snugly.

If you do decided to take this ever so reckless root you have to add the lye to the water very slowly, as if any sticks together on the bottom it gets very very hot.

Highly frowned upon... I've also used a robinsons orange juice bottle.

HydroBlowBack
#7 Posted : 6/5/2009 7:02:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Okay thnx looks like im going for plastic bottle method =) was concidering it before but my spore syringe is too short to reach guess ill have to find the right sized one cheers for ya help =)

noothgrush
#8 Posted : 7/22/2009 6:46:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been using a 1L pickle jar with a rubber seal for my extraction... Does the lye solution dissolve the rubber? Is that problematic in the sense that it will contaminate the solution?

West-en
#9 Posted : 7/24/2009 8:49:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
Use a milk jug. You have them over there yes?

That's what I always use. Glass can be weaked by NaOH over time and can become a real hazard (think highly basified caustic mimosa sludge, shattered glass, and solvent all over the floor).

Go with HDPE plastic (high density polyurathane)

Wait... what!? Surprised
This is something completely new to me. Can you please redirect me more an the reading of the subject? I did not know that silicon dioxide was sensitive to NaOH, but if that's the case, then it's of course something one should be well aware of!
There's a clear difference between what I say I do and what I actually do perform.

acolon_5
#10 Posted : 7/24/2009 9:30:19 PM

The Great Namah

Oh, wow, yeah I can look for it, there are a few posts on here but I really don't have the time today.

You're best best is to start a new thread about Lye Etching Glass and have some of our chemist members chime in. They've concured on this issue before (it does happen slowly, but if you use the same jug over and over.......)

Also, I would suggest NOT using a syringe. The naphtha will eat up the stopper and it will get stuck. I highly suggest getting a nasal aspirator aka ear irrigator. It's a pastic bulb (naphtha doesn't eat it thank god) that tapers to a long narrow point. Excellent for getting a think layer of naphtha out quickly and efficiently. Also is great for largers amounts of naphtha. Using a milk jug has another advantage. You can squeeze it and get the naphtha to come all the way up to the top, where it is narrow. This makes it much easier to get almost all of the naphtha out. Try it, you'll like it!
The Spice extends life
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

gammagore
#11 Posted : 7/26/2009 9:52:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I too have been missioning to find big glass jars or wine jugs. yesterday i managed to find sum 1.5 lt wine bottles.

A question about the milk jug acolon_5, will any milk jug work, like the ones that i buy on my way home from work? will this not get a bit too hot and melt??

It does solve alot of hassle though.

mad_banshee
#12 Posted : 7/27/2009 12:31:00 AM

DMT-Nexus member

gammagore wrote:

A question about the milk jug acolon_5, will any milk jug work, like the ones that i buy on my way home from work? will this not get a bit too hot and melt??

It does solve alot of hassle though.

My friend was surprized to find out how well a standard quart milk jug with screw cap worked.
Do the mix, then after the naptha settles, just squeeze the bottle to make the naptha rise to the bottleneck and pull it off. This makes it almost too easy!

BTW, milk jugs will probably be those translucent white jugs that say HPDE on the recycle sign at the bottom of the jug, and no, they will not melt.
Peace

Mad Banshee

Note that the poster of this message would never actually use or recommend to use illegal substances. He is just an attention seeker and should be considered to be lying about everything he posts and his posts are only for the sake of generating discussion.

SWIMMING
#13 Posted : 7/27/2009 9:04:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It is never a bad Idea to use the Erlenmeyer flask method. If its the extraction that is the problem the lid is not really a factor in any of this. But then again you can always listen to SWIM..that's what I doRolling eyes
If at any time the world unravels and becomes an hallucination which I cannot escape, I'll return somewhat prepared for anything that might happen afterword.

Postman
#14 Posted : 8/1/2009 5:59:17 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If the plastic jugs do not say HDPE on the bottom look at the recycle triangle it has to have the number 2 within it. To keep the plunger on a syringe from freezing try getting a couple of large vet syringes, pull the plunger completely out of one and duct tape the other to it. Only draw up into the first barrel.
Peace
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;
None but ourselves can free our minds.

acolon_5
#15 Posted : 8/3/2009 3:23:33 PM

The Great Namah

Milk jugs are the best!

I've heard of people just using PPE and not having any issues with plastic contamination as well.

This is only for naphtha. Toluene and Xylene will dissolve PPE and HDPE.
The Spice extends life