We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Hygiene in syrian rue extraction Options

Infectedstyle
#1 Posted : 10/3/2013 5:57:36 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

I'm doing a small Rue extraction. Following The Tao of rue to the T.

I have pauzed the extraction during the filtering process. Now, i have been careless and left Mason jars with filtered and non-filtered Rue for about 3 weeks. Also, a pan of syrian rue has been left to sit outside the fridge for about a month.

I have one mason jar that is now growing a big white rather thin layer of what i think is mold. It smells too. Weird how the other jars don't have this growing mold. Less filtered rue seems to be in much better condition.

I am just thinking i could throw all of the rue together with a little extra water and boil it to clean up. Do you think i will run into any problems? Or should i be okay from here?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

expandaneum
#2 Posted : 10/3/2013 7:26:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

He,
No I would toss it, mold can have very toxic byproducts and since you don't know what kind of mold there is inSad

Not the same but a related topic
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=468554#post468554

take care
Disclaimer:
All Expandeum's notes, messages, postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material submitted via this forum and or website are completely fictional and are not in any way based on real live experience.

Metanoia
#3 Posted : 10/3/2013 8:12:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Rue smells to me even when there is no mold Laughing

But I wouldn't go messing with the possibility of mold. I would think that if you were to base it with a very alkaline solution it would kill anything living in there, but it might be just as well to toss it and start again.

Rue is extremely cheap. The only thing you'd really be losing is time wasted.

Infectedstyle
#4 Posted : 10/3/2013 9:23:41 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

Thank you two, also for the links. I coulden't find anything about this.

I'm tossing the rue, ofcourse. Wasted some time and effort but so one learns. I feel kind of stupid, but what can i say? I'm a messy boy Razz