We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Lucid Dreaming Options

The_Silent_Nothing_Ness
#1 Posted : 6/4/2009 7:38:01 AM

Dee

I'm not sure if this is already a topic but..
I've been recently studying this and i was wondering if anyone has any techniques
they would like to share..
I have had almost lucid dreams..
If anyone cares to listen then i will share...

[Edited]

*******ALMOST LUCID*******
Soo.. I was trying to induce Lucidity and so far these are the results..
2 almost lucid dreams

Just before I went to sleep last night I was soaking in knowledge about Entheogens and other spiritual topics while smoking D.inxoia leaves mixd with MJ.
Very little fx with D.inoxia but a big boost for Mj.
I'm a "Insomniac" if you would soo dreams are like Gold for me.
Lucid dreams are like Diamonds.
I drifted into R.E.M. without ease.(hard for me)
I had a dream of an old family friend.
He is Hawaiian.
But in my dream he had Dreadlocks and a Jamaican Beanie.
(first clue i was dreaming went unnoticed)
He says to me " I wish i woud have known about those seeds when i was young!"
And i replied "But know you should be glad because those seeds are toxic, and can kill the uninformed ignorant person who abuses them!"

Now I'm unsure if he was referring to HBWR or Datura , but seems how he is Hawaiian i am assuming my sub-conscience is referring to HBR
After this convo with him I remember thinking it was getting late.
So this is were the 2nd clue that I'm dreaming pops up un-noticed once again!
I'm looking for the time on a clock but every clock has Distorted Non readable garble.Strange..but i didn't notice also this is when i awoke.

Which isn't abnormal for me since i wake up 20x a night.(if i can even sleep)
I was Lucid of what happened right when i awoke.(the signs)
I thought to myself "I want to go back into that dream and realize im dreaming ,and then take control."

I fell back into R.E.M. no prob
Now im in a diff dream with my mom..
But now another clue overlooked..
My location keeps warping/flashing as me and my mom are having a conversation, when all of a sudden
"Knock , Knock on a door.
It's a little girl; who my mother starts screaming crazy incoherent babble at..
Then the Girl vanishes and my mom says to me as she creepily turns her head
"It's a dream!!, It was all a dream!!"

I awoke!

Now at the time of the dream, I thought to myself "what is wrong with her!??)
But i know she (my sub-conscience mind) was trying to tell me i was dreaming.
And it was a very frank clue.......

"It's a dream!!, It was all a dream!!"

*******ALMOST LUCID*******

I must say I am still pleased with my results!
Datura
Eat a little, and go to sleep.
Eat some more, and have a dream.

Eat some more, and don't wake up!!
Old Navajo Proverb

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

۩
#2 Posted : 6/4/2009 7:46:18 AM

REM cycle is 1.5 hours.
So sleep for 4.5 or 6 and wake up. Keep a dream journal. Now is the time to write and to read, maybe take a piss, or smoke.
After a few minutes, lay back down
take deep breaths, and wait. Watch the visions unfold, but don't get lost in one, for it will take you into the subconsciousness.
The trick is to remain awake, while the body drifts into sleep paralysis. And when you feel this intensity arise,
all you have to do is physically look up (with your eyes closed) and you will be blasted out of your body.
Little trick I learned, works like a charm. Don't be afraid, and let go. I always wind up in the most peculiar spaces...

69ron
#3 Posted : 6/4/2009 10:34:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The leaves work ok when smoked, but the effect is very short lived.

Try about 3 Datura inoxia seeds 15 minutes before going to bed. It greatly increases dream quantity and duration for many hours. Some people use 10. You should not use more than 10 in a day. The seeds are safe up to about 10 large super potent seeds. Taking more than that is not a good idea.

Datura inoxia seeds contain about 0.4% scopolamine, and each seed weighs about 10 mg, so that's about 40 micrograms of scopolamine per seed. Scopolamine is safe up to about 1500 micrograms, but doses of 100-400 micrograms should be used for this purpose. 10 seeds contain about 400 micrograms, 3 about 120 micrograms.

3 seeds work perfectly for SWIM. He chews them thoroughly and swallows them and then easily drifts off into sleep 15 minutes later and has tons of dreams. Many more than he normally would have. It's got to be the best dream inducing herb known to man. SWIM has tried everything else and nothing works nearly as well, not even half as good. I'd say it's easily 10 times more effective than everything else available in the herb shop, the pharmacy, and even by prescription (unless that prescription is scopolamine of course). That's how it is for SWIM anyway.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Morphane
#4 Posted : 6/4/2009 12:54:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

After seeing an interesting film called Waking Life, I've half heartedly been trying to lucid dream. But I'm hopeless.

I have recurring dreams where I'm back at a certain place with some old friends, and in the dream I pinch myself, absolutely convinced that this time it isn't a dream. This is it! But it never is.

jamie
#5 Posted : 6/4/2009 5:44:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I had success with 1 hot of cannabis this morning!

I woke up early to take an ice pack off of my foot and into the freezer that I fell asleap with(I mangled my foot really bad skimboarding)...It was about 5 am and I quickly smoked a hit of some high quality kush and put some interchill bliminal CD into the player..

I fell into sleep paralysis finally, and a scene appeared rapidly behind my eyelids..All i canremember is that I was on some sort of rolleroaster(and I knew I was dreaming), and I watched as it departed from the gates..it was going through some sort of carninval/city like atmosphere and thought to myself that this si the dreamland..I dont know why I was thinking this(as if it was an actual place).. I started to get sucked in farther and farther and felt myself losing lucidity and sort of freaked out and thrashed around until I woke myself up..I had another few episodes similar to that one, but can barely recall them, until I eventually fell into normal sleep mode.

I know I am on the verge of something BIG every time. It seems so real, and hold lots of possability, but I find it soooo hard to just suck it up and "vibrate" up to the next level..literally, those vibrations can be scary..anyone whos been through it will know what I mean.

It's sort of ironic..lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis were my first introductions to altered states..other than normal dreams. They have remained the most available altered experiences, yet the hardest to truely mater..

I have some datura stramonium seeds, just waiting to try those..planted some but they did not germinateMad

Anyway, the best method is to wake up early and go back to sleep. Pot helps soo sooo sooo much for this in my experience, but it HAS to be used very early in the AM, after you have slept all night, but still feel tired..I have treid this method at night when tired but I usually just pass out.
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#6 Posted : 6/4/2009 5:55:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

69ron wrote:
The leaves work ok when smoked, but the effect is very short lived.

Try about 3 Datura inoxia seeds 15 minutes before going to bed. It greatly increases dream quantity and duration for many hours. Some people use 10. You should not use more than 10 in a day. The seeds are safe up to about 10 large super potent seeds. Taking more than that is not a good idea.

Datura inoxia seeds contain about 0.4% scopolamine, and each seed weighs about 10 mg, so that's about 40 micrograms of scopolamine per seed. Scopolamine is safe up to about 1500 micrograms, but doses of 100-400 micrograms should be used for this purpose. 10 seeds contain about 400 micrograms, 3 about 120 micrograms.

3 seeds work perfectly for SWIM. He chews them thoroughly and swallows them and then easily drifts off into sleep 15 minutes later and has tons of dreams. Many more than he normally would have. It's got to be the best dream inducing herb known to man. SWIM has tried everything else and nothing works nearly as well, not even half as good. I'd say it's easily 10 times more effective than everything else available in the herb shop, the pharmacy, and even by prescription (unless that prescription is scopolamine of course). That's how it is for SWIM anyway.

69ron..does you're swim find that the seeds get him actually lucid or just enhance the normal dream cycle?? I find that some things I have aken have totally increase my dream cycles, with no lucidity at all, while others like calea zacatechichi actually made me lucid(actually more like OBE)..

Do you find that datura helps to increase hynogogic imagry? Once I reach that state I can ALWAYS go lucid from there. I dont know if it's like this for others, but that's like the sweet spot for me..my easy entrance point. I think it's becasue I am so used to the paralysis by now that I sort of know how to bring it on...but after a minute or 2 fully immersed into the visions, thats when the vibrations really hit and pull me outside of myself and it gets scary. I really want to master this though.
Long live the unwoke.

69ron
#7 Posted : 6/4/2009 7:55:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
69ron..does you're swim find that the seeds get him actually lucid or just enhance the normal dream cycle?? I find that some things I have aken have totally increase my dream cycles, with no lucidity at all, while others like calea zacatechichi actually made me lucid(actually more like OBE)..

I’ve tried calea zacatechichi many times and did not get any good results from that. It did nothing for me at all. So I can’t really comment on that one. Apparently some people get good results from it though.

fractal enchantment wrote:
Do you find that datura helps to increase hynogogic imagry? Once I reach that state I can ALWAYS go lucid from there. I dont know if it's like this for others, but that's like the sweet spot for me..my easy entrance point. I think it's becasue I am so used to the paralysis by now that I sort of know how to bring it on...but after a minute or 2 fully immersed into the visions, thats when the vibrations really hit and pull me outside of myself and it gets scary. I really want to master this though.

Yes, it does. You can immediately start dreaming as soon as you close your eyes before you completely fall asleep. That’s how it is for SWIM. SWIM has not had lucid dreams in a long time. He mastered it a long time ago naturally without the aid of any plant, and then lost interest in it. He doesn’t try to have lucid dreams anymore. They’re not fun for him anymore. Once you get to the point where you have complete control of the dream content, it just becomes boring.

Some people say 10 seeds produce lucid dreaming for them. That’s a lot. But I think you need to know how to have lucid dreams. I don’t think it will produce them without you working on it too. But SWIM never took 10 seeds at once. He doesn’t feel good about taking such a large dose.

Note that you should never take more than 10 Datura inoxia seeds in a day. SWIM uses 3 seeds, but only as a sleep aid and dream enhancer, not for lucid dreams. That’s plenty enough for him. You should start with that and move up to 6 if 3 does nothing, then 9. I wouldn’t advise taking more than 10 in a day ever. These seeds are very potent and some people have died from taking massive doses (100 seeds or more). You can safely take up to 1500 micrograms of scopolamine. That’s the maximum safe dose for scopolamine. That comes to 37 average sized 10 mg seeds at 0.4% scopolamine. But because the seed potency and seed size varies a little, SWIM never takes more than 10 seeds in a day.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

pinche
#8 Posted : 6/4/2009 8:40:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My best chance at inducing a fully lucid dream is when i take a nap after work.But who has time for that?Yet, when i do get a chance it works best.After ive been up since 5:30, im exhausted and can fall asleep fast.I just fall asleep thinking about dreaming and then while in the dream something will trigger me to remember.Then its whatever i want.But,i do find it difficult to move through walls.It takes a lot of effort and sometimes it causes me to wake.I seem to float in a lucid and usually i like to just rocket into space at light speed.I went to the moon once but when i got there it was made of what looked like mercury.Strange.

Iv found that pot keeps me from dreaming at all.Now that i dont smoke i always remeber my dreams.As far as lucid dreams go they tend to be random occurances.I havnt found anything that will reliably get me there each time.

The_Silent_Nothing_Ness
#9 Posted : 6/4/2009 10:47:23 PM

Dee

:idea: Thanks Guys , u were all a lot of help!:idea:
Datura
Eat a little, and go to sleep.
Eat some more, and have a dream.

Eat some more, and don't wake up!!
Old Navajo Proverb

dreamdweller
#10 Posted : 6/8/2009 8:28:41 AM
Don Juan

There are a lot of good sites out there that can help you out. I have been researching dreaming for about 6 years now and has some great information on trying to get lucid while asleep, as well as helping with sleep issues. Who ever said REM cycle is 1.5 hours is blatantly wrong. REM doesn't last for 1.5 hours because the sleep cycle for any human being is for one different from person to person, and in length that a person sleeps. A complete cycle from NREM Stage 1 to REM and back to waking is about 90 min and increases in time over the period of the night. They are correct however in waking up and trying to remember your dreams to increase dream recall.

When you are lucid dreaming you forced your brain to stay conscious during the transition from NREM Stage 2 to REM Stage 5 of sleep. This causes a person to sometimes feel sleep paralysis, high pitched sounds, the spinning effects (same as those felt during a psychedelic trip) and sometimes vivid terrifying hallucinations due to an over active amygdala in this stage.

To help you lucid dream I would suggest doing some of your own research, or viewing sites that support the research behind sleep so that you understand the real mechanisms, not just hand me downs word of mouth ideas, and then apply them to staying conscious during the transition from NREM and REM. The main bases behind all the techniques that work though, are staying aware while you lay down to sleep, long enough that you become lucid. There are however the lucky times that you realize your dreaming and become lucid, but they happen less.

Check out my site lucidconsciousness.com as it has a lot of good information as well as links to other sites that support this process.