We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
What Is Your Occupation? Options

Aegle
#1 Posted : 6/3/2009 12:41:17 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Would be great to see what everyone does for a living and what they dream to be doing one day for a living let me know k Very happy

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

smokeydaze
#2 Posted : 6/3/2009 12:42:42 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

I milk graphics from creativity using design.
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

#3 Posted : 6/3/2009 1:03:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Mananger of a department at the company I work for. I actually just got this position, and since the significant pay raise, I plan on buying my parents place (which is out away from pretty much everyone) and starting my own quiet,humble life and I want to get a business loan to open my own indoor/outdoor botanical nursery. Vegetables, transplantable trees, all types of decorative flowering plants. And probably have my own little setup in my "secret spot" for all my entheos' n' such Very happy

'Coatl
#4 Posted : 6/3/2009 4:48:12 PM

Teotzlcoatl

I'm a student.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

970Codfert
#5 Posted : 6/3/2009 5:12:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I work in the restaurant business Crying or very sad

Not sure what I'm going to do with my dang ol' life. I'm torn between music and performing arts(fire dancing).
All posts are fictional.

jamie
#6 Posted : 6/3/2009 5:42:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

unemployed at the moment as of a few weeks agoVery happy ...probabily will be pressure washing houses for the summer..former anthropology student but I did not like the system and eventually dropped out.. I have decided to go back now to a diif school part-time for herbology and natural medicine. Enthergens, plants, shamanism and surfing/skimboarding are all I really do and think about, so thats the direction I want to go.
Long live the unwoke.

burnt
#7 Posted : 6/3/2009 6:11:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

scientist. working on PhD but also do projects for industry.

'Coatl
#8 Posted : 6/3/2009 6:19:50 PM

Teotzlcoatl

What degrees would be best to get for ethnobotany and botanical based entheogens?

Currently I'm just taking general classes and my major is in botany... but I might change that.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

burnt
#9 Posted : 6/3/2009 6:30:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

^^Well entheogens aren't really a hot topic in any major. but psychology and chemistry and biology are all fields that are related. SWIM studies fascinating substances from nature that are useful but SWIM is for the most part a natural products chemist and has been studying the hard sciences for 6-7 years.

so my advise if you want to study this stuff get into psychology so you can show the psychological value of these substances. anthropology is running out of things to do in this field except to improve the situation of traditional or well nowadays 'poor' people. or the hard sciences but if you ain't down with chemicals and us evil scientists you may not enjoy it.

'Coatl
#10 Posted : 6/3/2009 6:45:38 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
or the hard sciences but if you ain't down with chemicals and us evil scientists you may not enjoy it.

I never said scientist are evil but i don't want to work with chemicals, I want to work with plants. Not that chemists or chemicals are evil it's just not my thing! I'm REALLY glad there are people like you (I'm not sure exactly what you do) who I could say... grow a botanical and send to for analysis... cause I sure as hell can't do that! But hey... you maybe can't grow that rare plant Smile So it works out....

I'm looking for a degree that allows me to work directly with botanicals.

antrocles
#11 Posted : 6/3/2009 9:17:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

professional athlete and a little performance coaching on the side for the up and coming olympians of tomorrow! an avid student (always researching/reading) with a degree in kinesiology and a HUGE obsession with entheogens. got SEVERAL different beauties living here in my home with me. probably gonna retire after this season.....maaaaayybe one more....then i plan on opening a healing center somewhere beautiful. services would include: various training modalities (gym, performance, yoga, martial arts, etc..), spa services, guided meditations, shamanic retreats (aya/dmt/mushroom/cactus/sweat lodges...), gardening. delicious organic foods and nutritional courses too!

i want to be a part of this transformation that is happening. the spice is helping it take place within me....now i want to do what i can to share this with the world.

...with love!

....oh yes....and GRATITUDE TOO!!

Very happy
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

antrocles
#12 Posted : 6/3/2009 9:19:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

oh..and hey- smokeydaze! i'm LOVING the new avatar brother!! reeeally beautiful.

there's no place like OM...

L&G!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

SWIMfriend
#13 Posted : 6/3/2009 9:38:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

antrocles wrote:
....then i plan on opening a healing center somewhere beautiful. services would include: various training modalities (gym, performance, yoga, martial arts, etc..), spa services, guided meditations, shamanic retreats (aya/dmt/mushroom/cactus/sweat lodges...), gardening. delicious organic foods and nutritional courses too!...

If you're not aware of it...ibogaine treatment centers seem to be really popping up fast--mostly in Mexico and The Netherlands. This amazing entheogen seems to have helped MANY MANY people sort out their lives and have amazing healings. The initiating idea was to help people with substance abuse problems, but it's expanding to include people who need healing from any and all types of psychological knots. There are some very nice vids on youtube with people describing their healing experiences with ibogaine.

Bancopuma
#14 Posted : 6/3/2009 10:22:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm a student, innit. Wanna pursue postgrad research in Ethnobotany or Entomology...not sure which path to go down though, and not long till I will have to choose...Am also setting up a business with my mum selling Romanian beehive products (honey, pollen, propolis, mead et al...)

Interesting cross section of occupations going on...

'Coatl
#15 Posted : 6/3/2009 10:44:14 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
professional athlete and a little performance coaching on the side for the up and coming olympians of tomorrow! an avid student (always researching/reading) with a degree in kinesiology and a HUGE obsession with entheogens. got SEVERAL different beauties living here in my home with me. probably gonna retire after this season.....maaaaayybe one more....then i plan on opening a healing center somewhere beautiful. services would include: various training modalities (gym, performance, yoga, martial arts, etc..), spa services, guided meditations, shamanic retreats (aya/dmt/mushroom/cactus/sweat lodges...), gardening. delicious organic foods and nutritional courses too!

Awesome idea! That is exactly what I want to do! Except I want to create an entire society based around botanicals and entheogens!

WSaged
#16 Posted : 6/3/2009 10:51:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I own & operate a professional CD mastering studio.
Making all the songs an artist or group might record fit cohesively together, as an album.
And for the past 5 years or so, make it as loud as possible too.Crying or very sad
I also do a bit of audio restoration of old LP's, Cassettes & recordings that were considerably messed up, but can't be re-recorded or re-mixed.

I also teach recording & digital audio theory classes at a collage.

1's & 0's, 1's & 0's, 1's & 0's oh my!!!!!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Coatl
#17 Posted : 6/3/2009 10:57:00 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
And for the past 5 years or so, make it as loud as possible too. Sad

What is the matter? You don't like it loud?

Infundibulum
#18 Posted : 6/3/2009 11:00:38 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

SWIM's another lab rat but he also secured a position as a lecturer of molecular genetics to get some extra money. Too bad he's gonna have to wait till september to start working + pocket the money...

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

The Traveler
#19 Posted : 6/3/2009 11:09:17 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

'Coatl wrote:
Quote:

Google for "death of dynamic range" and you will know what he is talking about. Pleased

To get back on topic, I have my own ICT company. Most of the time I keep myself with programming, integrating software, co-thinking about solutions, etc. So if you need a C#, ASP.NET, Silverlight, SQL-Server, XML, etc solution you know where to find me. Pleased

WSaged
#20 Posted : 6/3/2009 11:14:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl wrote:
Quote:

There is a difference between turning the amp/speakers up loud & packing so much loudness onto the digital medium that all the bass farts, instead of rolling & every snare hit sounds like white noise.

Digital audio has a ceiling above which, the tops of physically round sound waves just get clipped off & become flat.

It's a technological battle, because there are devices in our gear racks that can physically just "make my stuff louder than yours" to the point of distortion & zero transit movement.
Which equals 2-dimensional sound with no depth & dimension. No...life!
In order for something to sound loud, there needs to be something quiet as well, to reference it.

OK I'm not talking to a client here...this is not work!!Laughing

WS

All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

123NEXT