We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Phlux-'s Cactus Jelly Tek Options

Phlux-
#1 Posted : 6/2/2009 7:09:34 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

Okay so here is how swim finds it best to dose cactus for a full spectrum experience and minimal side effects.
It is for those seeking a real full cactus experience.
The suggested cactus is a short spined peruvian torch of good genes.

The desired amount of torch is frozen and unfrozen a few times to burst some cells

The cactus pieces are then thawed, mixed with a bit of water and put into the blender to produce elephant snot

The elephant snot is then very slowly brought up to a simmer, a dash of lemon juice can be added, if your doing it right the tea will smile back

The pulp is then squeezed out thru some cotton and added to some new fresh water and then simmered, this is repeated until the water comes off mostly clear and the pulp no longer has a bitter taste.
If u have a press, now is the time to use it.
When the water is comming off mostly clear, all the collected boilings are combined and reduced - be carefull not to reduce it too much as this seems to reduce potency and keep a close eye on it so all the water doesnt evaporate or you will loose.

once reduced it should look something like this

This is then placed in a bottle and left in the fridge overnight - in the morning there will be 2 destinct layers - the bottom dark sediment of fallen solids and the now mostly clearish tea, decant the clear tea and discard the sediment - rather loose a drop or 2 of the tea then contaminate the tea with the sediments. Smell the tea - its not too nice smelling, now smell the sediment, it reaks badly, way way worse than the tea.

The mostly clear cactus tea is then warmed slightly in a pot and an appropriate amount of greengage jelly powder is added, pour it into a custom mould, let it set and enjoy.

The experience is like the tea but its far easier to get down.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

kemist
#2 Posted : 6/2/2009 7:53:47 PM

John

Hahahahaha..... excellent !

Jelly? I don`t trust the way it move, Laughing lol
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

Aegle
#3 Posted : 6/2/2009 8:17:42 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Totally super kewl Phlux Shocked

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

Jorkest
#4 Posted : 6/2/2009 8:24:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

nice dude!!
it's a sound

'Coatl
#5 Posted : 6/2/2009 8:40:25 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Interesting...
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

MagikVenom
#6 Posted : 6/2/2009 8:50:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I know were takking full spectrum alkaloids but what would you est the given jelly shot to be in mg approx

antrocles
#7 Posted : 6/2/2009 9:25:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

that AIN'T the stuff Bill Cosby was slingin' back in the 80's!

beautiful Phluxy! thanks for the fun tek! would it be cool to throw a can of sliced fruit (in heavy syrup) in there for that extra "summertime bbq ambrosia salad" effect? LOL!!

much love!

...and gratitude!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

Phlux-
#8 Posted : 6/3/2009 6:15:20 AM

The Root

hrrm well hard to say venom - swims done this tek many times - sorry about the pix above - they are from various batches so not really too linear.
Swim tries to get his jelly to contain the entire predecided dose which is usually around 400-600mg.

antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

SWIMfriend
#9 Posted : 6/3/2009 6:21:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow! Looks yummy! Great idea!

Phlux-
#10 Posted : 6/3/2009 8:06:20 AM

The Root

well sadly it wasnt as tasty as it looks - still preddy vile, but so much better than attempting to down the tea agian.
My body just flat out rejects the tea - had it a few times but last time i knew it was the last time, i just managed.
The jelly is managable time after time tho.
Swim thinks this is the best way to have a full blown cactus experience.

Always good to have a nice clean bottle of mesc hcl around too. (low dose pure mesc is amazing)
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Phlux-
#11 Posted : 6/3/2009 8:08:39 AM

The Root

oh - the mould - swim took some nice clay and made the shape by hand - trying to get it as close to a yote as possible but your carving it from the inside (had to imagine i was in the center of a hollow peyote trying to look out)
The mould was then covered in cling wrap and the jelly set - after it was set the mould was torn off carefully.
I think the more one ritualizes (in their own personal way_ the better
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

۩
#12 Posted : 6/17/2009 11:11:01 PM

so Phlux, you use the white part of the cactus, too?

Would Jello work instead of greengage? I've never made jello before, it's always grossed me out, but this method of administration looks desirable.

ohayoco
#13 Posted : 6/18/2009 12:18:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

So cool! Is jelly/tea easier on the stomach than eating chips?

SWIM only ever eats dried because he can't stand the tea (and the one time he did make tea he ate the mush too just in case!) But eating whole cactus upsets his tummy and make him have to sit down and nurse it periodically, and go to the bathroom.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

Phlux-
#14 Posted : 6/18/2009 6:10:38 AM

The Root

yeah - if swim wants a full experience he uses the white part - not the core tho - this may be totally wrong but swim recons that the white part is packed with non mesc alkaloids - and plenty mesc too - swim has about 8kg's fresh and tasty potent short spined torch he intends to test this theory on.

Swim likes the fx of the tea most but also cant drink it - everytime the tea looks at swim he starts spazzing out hekticly - im not sure if he could ever drink the tea again.

The reason greengage jelly was used is because its green - the tea is green - any other color may have looked preddy miff.
The jelly is also easy to swallow - yes the cactus tea taste is still there but it is really not anywhere near as bad as the tea and it doesnt coat ur whole mouth etc - it can be swallowed in lumps.

Eating dried cactus is not the best idea, this method is far superior imo.

btw swim tried an extraction on the tea - after the solids dropped out and the outcome was the whitest alkaloids hes ever seen - with no washes.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Baffald
#15 Posted : 6/19/2009 6:13:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I agree that the tea is tough to take down. What I have been thinking of doing is using a lot of cactus, IE 100 grams, making the tea and reducing it to about a 350- to 300 ML. Then taking that concentrated tea and adding it to a pitcher of regular ICED tea.

Using lemon juice in the xtract makes the tea bitter but actually should add a nice lemon lfavor to the ice tea.

I am wondering if sugar has any affect on the alkaloids?

This way you get maybe 5 12 once glasses to a pitcher and each glass would be a decent dose that is easy to get down.

I do this a lot with Mushrooms- taking an ounce of shrooms and boiling it down with Tea bags and creating a pitcher. Works very well, was thinking the same concept should work with the catcus or even an aya brew.

Phlux-
#16 Posted : 6/20/2009 7:20:48 AM

The Root

hope it works out well - imo the taste of cactus cannot be disguised, the jelly just creates less surface area for it to be touching ur mouth and it can be eaten in a few big lumps.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Espiridion
#17 Posted : 6/22/2009 2:55:45 AM

--who.??..ME??--

My neighbors' brother-in-laws' ex-girlfriends' old chemistry professors' assistant tried San Pedro for the first time recently.

He was to impatient to TEK so he made tea...SNOT...tea. He added lots of sugar and said it was manageable. He took two datura stramonium seeds first and they allowed him to keep it down for almost two hours. One more seed after the purge and he was GOOD to GO!!!

Sugar did not hurt the experience. It was a low dose(20 grams of dried bark), and the moon was visited...

peace

J
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

Phlux-
#18 Posted : 6/22/2009 5:39:02 AM

The Root

hehe Smile

its important that you get it to the right heat when cooking - as soon as the correct heat is reached any signs of snottyness dissapear over about 3 minutes.
leaving it in the fridge overnight really really helps with the flavour too.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

SWIMfriend
#19 Posted : 6/22/2009 6:00:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

jasons741 wrote:
...My neighbors'(1) brother-in-laws'(2) ex-girlfriends'(3) old chemistry professors'(4) assistant(5)...

Watch out...one more degree(6) and you're talking about Kevin Bacon himself Pleased

Pandora
#20 Posted : 1/1/2011 11:57:12 AM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

DAMN Phlux! I'm sorry I missed this when you first published it!

I just love the elegant presentation on little gourmet plate at the end.

Perfect!

P.S: Being an old time chick from the 'hood - i love that little icon you got going at the bottom of your sig!
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

12NEXT