We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT
contaminated spore syringe? Options

psychosisdoses
#61 Posted : 7/1/2009 5:18:35 PM

Derek

nibpack wrote:
The ideal temp for fruiting varies depending on the strain, but to put things into perspective I've had awesome flushes develop at temperatures between 50 and 70 degrees mark during winter. I simply turned my bedroom heater up to get a bit of warmth. I've bought and used massive heat pads that sit derelict in the shed because they simply aren't neccesary most of the time.

What strain are you using? Also, what ambient temps will you be looking at in your area over the next month or two?

golden teacher ranges from 70-85 although theres rare times 87-89
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

nibpack
#62 Posted : 7/2/2009 5:28:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Damn, don't bother getting a heat pad then. Just let nature take it's course.
"My shoes are so far away from me, man I can't believe it!"

psychosisdoses
#63 Posted : 7/3/2009 1:45:03 AM

Derek

sweeeeet...

GROW YOU LIL BUGGERS!!

still no pins avg temp in box 84-88
i check them once a day turning each jar in the light for 30 seconds or so
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~

psychosisdoses
#64 Posted : 7/6/2009 1:55:48 PM

Derek

jars have been incubating for 36 days now
they have been all white for somewhere over a week
i check them once a day exposed to light say 30 seconds each
temps between 77-86

should i continue as i am and just wait for them to pin? they will eventually right?
or am i supposed to drop the temp 10 degrees and set them in light an hour or so a day?

thepureskunk
#65 Posted : 7/6/2009 4:47:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey dude,

I'm really enjoying this thread as I've never grown the magic shroom either. I'm quite lucky that i can get hold of the little buggers easily so haven't had to YET!

I cant answer your Q's but check this video out: http://video.google.co.u...shroom+growing&hl=en

I think this is the method you are doing and it explains things really well i think.

Good luck with the rest of your grow Very happy
acolon_5 wrote:
Welcome to club hypersex.

I've been there too...it is amazing.

psychosisdoses
#66 Posted : 7/6/2009 5:13:29 PM

Derek

thanks man Smile
its a learning experience for us all
i will try to document the whole process as much as i can

psychosisdoses
#67 Posted : 7/6/2009 11:46:14 PM

Derek

my instinct tells me they need light....

Barmaley
#68 Posted : 7/8/2009 10:54:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

psychosisdoses wrote:

30 seconds? expose them to light the whole day.
I also had problem with them pinning for A WHILE... what i did though was take them out into the fruiting chamber and have the cakes absorb water from the perlite surface they were on. They went from light styrofoam-like density to nice heavy cakes! withing a couple of days tiny brown penises came out of cakes and started growing into huge cocks. I was so gay ^_^

psychosisdoses
#69 Posted : 7/9/2009 1:52:32 AM

Derek

Barmaley wrote:
psychosisdoses wrote:

30 seconds? expose them to light the whole day.
I also had problem with them pinning for A WHILE... what i did though was take them out into the fruiting chamber and have the cakes absorb water from the perlite surface they were on. They went from light styrofoam-like density to nice heavy cakes! withing a couple of days tiny brown penises came out of cakes and started growing into huge cocks. I was so gay ^_^

ohhh i was under the impression i was too keep them in the box out of light... waiting to the inside to colonize
do you let them pin in the jars before birthing them?

Jumiem
#70 Posted : 7/9/2009 10:19:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you expose them to a little bit of light every day from day 1 to day x they are likely to pin faster, if you wait until they are fully colonized to start exposing them then it might take a bit or allot longer. They can take all the light you can throw at em anytime anywhere.
I guess it's about time for our William Tell routine.

Jumiem
#71 Posted : 7/9/2009 10:20:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Letting them pin inside the jars is supposed to give you a bigger first flush (i think)

psychosisdoses
#72 Posted : 7/9/2009 10:47:17 PM

Derek

Jumiem wrote:
If you expose them to a little bit of light every day from day 1 to day x they are likely to pin faster, if you wait until they are fully colonized to start exposing them then it might take a bit or allot longer. They can take all the light you can throw at em anytime anywhere.

i went ahead and set them on my shelf...indirect light...
how do you know when they are fully colonized....??????

theyv been all white for about a week an a half or so
no pins but they were only getting very brief light once a day

Jumiem
#73 Posted : 7/9/2009 11:32:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The week or two (or three) it takes to go from all white to pins is mostly spent waiting for the insides to fully colonize. Pinning tends to start when the fungal mass can't find any more fresh nutrients so it goes onto the next part of its life cycle.

psychosisdoses
#74 Posted : 7/10/2009 2:02:57 AM

Derek

Jumiem wrote:
The week or two (or three) it takes to go from all white to pins is mostly spent waiting for the insides to fully colonize. Pinning tends to start when the fungal mass can't find any more fresh nutrients so it goes onto the next part of its life cycle.

thanks for your input Smile
i have been wondering if they needed the light or not.. i suppose they are pretty close so i set them in indirect light... now i wait and watch

psychosisdoses
#75 Posted : 7/10/2009 4:46:11 AM

Derek

took a pic......they are sooo purdy!
psychosisdoses attached the following image(s):
mysillllly.jpg (28kb) downloaded 50 time(s).

psychosisdoses
#76 Posted : 7/14/2009 4:21:45 AM

Derek

birthed one yesterday
top half seemed crumbly and it wouldnt come out of the damn jar!
but finally i got it out and into its brand new home

i had to run to the store and get another box because the other one wasnt airtight
the store didnt have much this was the best i figured
i just worry its a bit short.. but i guess the shrooms will figure it out right..
i had my thermohygrometer in there but its kinda beat up the screen started fading as the humidity raised??
then at around 80+ it went blank.. so ill be getting another one lol but i think its humid in there for sure probably 90+
see this one wasnt airtight either i cant seem to find any that are..
i put some tape around the rim to make it tighter but ran outta tape
ill be getting some foam weatherstripping i think thatll do the job...
QUESTION: worthwhile to make a few small holes right above the perlite? for co2 exchange... or is simply fanning once a day sufficent?
QUESTION: the bottom of the cake towards the top of the jar was kinda crumbly not the vermiculite the cake itself.. does this mean i should let the others colonize some more? the bottom part felt more solid

thanks guys!
psychosisdoses attached the following image(s):
home.jpg (20kb) downloaded 41 time(s).

benzyme
#77 Posted : 7/14/2009 4:31:47 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

yes let the others do their thing for a few more days, though they look good

fan a few times a day, at least four or five. it's all about maintaining a balance between FAE and humidity
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Jumiem
#78 Posted : 7/14/2009 5:44:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Everyone has their own methods but perlite seems a bit oldschool. It should be rinsed/cleaned/replaced every few days or so to prevent mildew/bacteria. Cakes probably should not touch the perlite directly. I like to just have the cakes sit on a jar lid full of moist verm in the container like yours but spray the sides and the lid of the container a couple times a day and wipe it off clean every day too so every day the humidity is fresh. Also air tight isn't important. Touch a cake lightly with clean hands every day to make sure it don't feel all dried out.

If you wait for primordia to grow invitro then you wont have to worry about birthing too early.

nibpack
#79 Posted : 7/14/2009 2:08:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

All this spraying, fanning, replacing... I'm totally gonna post my lazy tek mod soon.

nibpack
#80 Posted : 7/14/2009 2:17:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

psychosisdoses wrote:
birthed one yesterday

QUESTION: worthwhile to make a few small holes right above the perlite? for co2 exchange... or is simply fanning once a day sufficent?
QUESTION: the bottom of the cake towards the top of the jar was kinda crumbly not the vermiculite the cake itself.. does this mean i should let the others colonize some more? the bottom part felt more solid

thanks guys!

1. Unless this hole drilling is part of the tek your using, then no. Humidity would leach out. Besides, everthing you hear about Co2 build up is a load of hogwash anyway.

2. Did this crumbliness occur while you were, perhaps, scraping the verm off with a fork or something? Just below the vermiculite layer they tend to be a little crumbly. Further down they should be quite solid at this stage.

«PREV23456NEXT