We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Safety of Juicing Cannabis Options

Wax
#1 Posted : 10/1/2013 4:33:10 AM

LUVR

With all the hype of juicing raw cannabis leaves I decided to try it out myself. The thing is, cannabis leaves are known to contain muscarine as well as hordenine.

I'm not worried about the hordenine so much as the muscarine. Does anyone have experience juicing cannabis or know the specifics on the amount of muscarine in cannabis?

I'd like to juice for my health, but if I'm going to be dosing myself with a large amount of muscarine I think I'll pass...
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

magic9
#2 Posted : 10/1/2013 4:56:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you sure it wasnt that it protects against muscarine?

Endocannabinoids mediate muscarine-induced synaptic depression at the vertebrate neuromuscular junction
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih....pmc/articles/PMC1890580/

i never knew there could ever be a concern about anything with the cannabis plant.. HUH... Wut?

Wax
#3 Posted : 10/1/2013 10:52:14 PM

LUVR

Apparently, according to this Link they do.

Interesting article, I will have to give it a look once I have more time. Maybe there will be no issue if it is essentially self regulating?
'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'