We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
Thujone oil and Garden Sage Options

Hiyo Quicksilver
#21 Posted : 10/1/2013 4:18:10 AM

just some guy

I don't use wormwood much at all, and when I do, it's usually as an ingredient in herbal liquours, as a tinture. I've never tried smoking any part of it and wouldn't want to, but I'm sure you can find some info online. It's a pretty popular psychoactive plant.

Mugwort blossoms/buds are fine to smoke in small amounts (a bowl), but I find it weird and irritating with more. I find the leaves a bit acrid as well... It's good in tea as well as incense, smoked or even smelled for dream-related stuff, and lasts long enough for me that there's not much need to wake up mid-sleep to consume it to get strong effects.
That being said, I do very little dreamwork and these are all my own subjective effects. Your best bet for info on mugwort is to get a big bag of high quality blossoms (fluffy and fragrant, but dry), and get to know it yourself. It's cheap and safe to use in a variety of ways, and there's lots of info out there to comb through. It's also very interesting and engaging to explore, so it's worth trying out whatever methods or amounts you feel appropriate.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Cufko
#22 Posted : 10/3/2013 1:44:30 AM

Researcher

Hiyo Quicksilver wrote:
I've never tried smoking any part of it and wouldn't want to, but I'm sure you can find some info online. It's a pretty popular psychoactive plant.
There are some reports on Erowid about smoking Wormwood, and also elsewhere on the internet. I tried to smoke some leaves, mixed with tobacco, but I didn't notice any effects. I didn't smoke much leaves though.

From Erowid:
Quote:
As opposed to weed which generally makes me rather lethargic, clouded and energyless, the wormwood smoke actually makes me very clear minded. Strongly enhancing my ability to focus on 1 single thought, object, subject, etc

Anyway, my mugwort and wormwood leaves are getting dry, and I decided I'll make a mix of garden sage and this two plants and do the thujone oil extraction, since they all contain it.
I will also experiment with mugwort/wormwood leaves as an addition to cannabis. And even if I get no noticeable effects, it's still much cheaper than tobacco heheheh
In knowledge, there is power

Methodology
#23 Posted : 10/3/2013 7:14:10 AM

For Science!!!

I know it has already been said, but calea for me has done wonders on my dreaming vividness, smoking it does almost nothing, you literally have to make "The World's Most Disgusting Tea" to get anything out of it, and on top of that swish it in your mouth and gargle it (if you can without projectile vomiting), its like pure liquid death on your taste buds, but I can assure you it works extremely well in this case, you just have to struggle past your senses, and have 2L of chocolate milk handy Very happy

Para
#24 Posted : 10/3/2013 11:33:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

regarding the taste of different herbs I think this is very subjective...
Someone said that wormwood is awful, more then aya.
But for me aya was the taste hell compared with wormwood.

Metanoia
#25 Posted : 10/3/2013 4:53:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Methodology wrote:
I know it has already been said, but calea for me has done wonders on my dreaming vividness, smoking it does almost nothing, you literally have to make "The World's Most Disgusting Tea" to get anything out of it, and on top of that swish it in your mouth and gargle it (if you can without projectile vomiting), its like pure liquid death on your taste buds, but I can assure you it works extremely well in this case, you just have to struggle past your senses, and have 2L of chocolate milk handy Very happy

I found the same. Not necessarily making a tea and swishing it around...I can't even imagine Sick

I just make a bunch of capsules of the powdered herb and take it that way. Usually with a hot beverage like a nice relaxing herbal tea. Valerian or chamomile.

As far as smoking goes, the extracts obviously work better. Smoking plain herbal material will take a lot to achieve effects, yes.

Hiyo Quicksilver
#26 Posted : 10/4/2013 7:34:27 AM

just some guy

Ever try quidding calea? It's not nearly as bad, and seems more effective to me than eating or drinking it. It's a pain to make the tea and good lord is it foul... Not something I want to go to bed under. Not to mention I've never had significant effects, and I hear that's pretty common.

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone else quidding the leaves, though I haven't looked, but about 5 or them for about ten minutes, about 20 minutes before sleeping does me good. The onset is generally as soon as I hit the sack and the resulting dream state is incredibly intense... and no uneasiness from choking down that tea.

Speaking of wormwood, one of my favorite things to do is take a big drink of that wormwood liquor before chowing down on the wad of calea. Now that is something.

Metanoia
#27 Posted : 10/4/2013 3:39:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hhmmm, I've never considered quidding it. The tea was so foul I just assumed it would be just as foul to quid. Unfortunately I don't have full leaves of it, it's all crushed or powdered. I might have to give it a try though. The powdered herb in capsules works well if I take quite a bit (three or four 000 size capsules).

Sorry for hijacking this thread Big grin It has now become about Salvia officinalis, Wormwood, and also Calea Z Laughing

Cufko
#28 Posted : 10/4/2013 4:17:00 PM

Researcher

Dioxippus wrote:
Sorry for hijacking this thread Big grin It has now become about Salvia officinalis, Wormwood, and also Calea Z Laughing

I was just about to comment on that, I actually love it Very happy
Since I assume Thujone oil has something to do with dreaming, and all this herbs we mentioned are dream related, it's all perfectly okay.
A lot of new information, not only for me but for you guys too. It's nice to see this happening in my thread, and I love you all <3

Keep talking bout this!

MEANWHILE, I gathered 8g of Wormwood, 14g of Mugwort (together with seeds, because it was nearly impossible to pick them all out) and 15g of Garden Sage leaves. I mixed it all together and added 0,5l of 70% ethanol. The alcohol is currently (after about 1 hour and a half) dark green. Now we wait.

Hiyo Quicksilver
#29 Posted : 10/5/2013 10:36:18 AM

just some guy

That sounds like a nice blend, let us know how it goes! (in a couple weeks Razz )

I've made something similar a few times, and it can sure bring about an interesting ride into dreamland. A nice one I've found for daytime is 10-15 grams of mugwort buds, a fresh fistful of yerba buena or wild mint, a half fistfull of dried, shredded sasafrass root and a few hundred fresh moarning glory seeds. That'll get you going! Big grin

I suppose if we're dragging mugwort and wormwood into the conversation, it's worth mentioning that the mugwort that's native around here (California Mugwort) is a bit different from the common variety, and contains thujone. It's also pretty well known as being especially psychoactive... I was turned onto it by some educational material at a local Native American landmark which mentioned that it was smoked for visionary purposes, and later learned that it was used for medicinal and psychoactive properties all up the west cost. Like wormwood, it's not something too great to use in huge amounts, but it's definitely worth trying for anyone who is a fan of mugwort. Growing it is also great, since it can form enormous bushes that get 7 feet tall, and covered with blossoms.

Edit: Don't use California Mugwort in the above recipe, use Artemesia Vulgaris. California Mugwort is too damn strong to extract with alcohol and drink... but it's great for rashes and razorburn! Big grin

Cufko
#30 Posted : 10/5/2013 3:50:32 PM

Researcher

Hiyo Quicksilver wrote:
I've made something similar a few times, and it can sure bring about an interesting ride into dreamland. A nice one I've found for daytime is 10-15 grams of mugwort buds, a fresh fistful of yerba buena or wild mint, a half fistfull of dried, shredded sasafrass root and a few hundred fresh moarning glory seeds. That'll get you going! :grin
SO according to wikipedia, wild mint is common in europe and I think I have seen that plant in nature. Too bad that the autumn is comming and I can't see the plants blooming anymore, it would be so much easier to indentify them Sad
Anyway, what did you do with that herbs (10-15 grams of mugwort buds, a fresh fistful of yerba buena or wild mint, a half fistfull of dried, shredded sasafrass root)? I mean how do you use them?

Hiyo Quicksilver
#31 Posted : 10/5/2013 7:23:25 PM

just some guy

I stuff them all down the neck of a bottle and fill it with liquor! Twisted Evil
Then i gently roll it every couple of days for a month, strain, and put back in the original bottle.

Wild mint is common just about everywhere, just follow your nose. It can often be found near creeks and rivers, and has a distinctive scent that carries some distance. It is one of the easiest families of wild plants to identify. Cultivated fresh mint can also be found by the bunch in grocery stores.

Cufko
#32 Posted : 10/5/2013 7:27:45 PM

Researcher

Hiyo Quicksilver wrote:
I stuff them all down the neck of a bottle and fill it with liquor! Twisted Evil
Then i gently roll it every couple of days for a month, strain, and put back in the original bottle.

Wild mint is common just about everywhere, just follow your nose. It can often be found near creeks and rivers, and has a distinctive scent that carries some distance. It is one of the easiest families of wild plants to identify. Cultivated fresh mint can also be found by the bunch in grocery stores.

Im gonna do that someday. Very happy
What liquor do you use? What do you prefer?
Anyway, I think I can just ask my mom, she know a lot about herbs. Maybe we'll even make something together. I'm not sure tho, but we maybe even have wild mint in our garden ...

I love making stuff out of herbs, even tho I haven't made anything yet. I'm gonna be a herbalist Very happy

Hiyo Quicksilver
#33 Posted : 10/5/2013 8:43:22 PM

just some guy

If it's in your garden, it's not wild. Razz

frozenthunderbolt
#34 Posted : 10/5/2013 9:45:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Para wrote:

I agree - i grow wormwood (and i think mugwort - we'll see when it gets a bit bigger) and I rather like the taste of wormwood and don't mind just chewing on sprigs of it (infrequently due to the cumulative toxic effects of the T.)

I'm interested to see that people have mentioned it as being activated by fermentation - i'll add it to my list of fermentation experiments to try! Thumbs up
Those who walk in truth and love grow in honor and strength.
Bright blessings

Cufko
#35 Posted : 10/6/2013 4:41:19 AM

Researcher

Hiyo Quicksilver wrote:
If it's in your garden, it's not wild. Razz
Yes I know that, but still I believe that there's a chance that my mom has it. Maybe ...

frozenthunderbolt wrote:
Para wrote:

I agree - i grow wormwood (and i think mugwort - we'll see when it gets a bit bigger) and I rather like the taste of wormwood and don't mind just chewing on sprigs of it (infrequently due to the cumulative toxic effects of the T.)

I'm interested to see that people have mentioned it as being activated by fermentation - i'll add it to my list of fermentation experiments to try! Thumbs up
I also agree that the taste is subjective. The effects differ also, for every drug. Every person has a different body.
And frozenthunderbolt, let us know if you find anything out Smile

Hiyo Quicksilver
#36 Posted : 10/7/2013 7:09:09 PM

just some guy

Cufko wrote:
What liquor do you use? What do you prefer?

Sorry, I just noticed this part!

Any liquor will do, most folks just use a decent vodka or silver rum. My personal favorite is the commercially available "moonshine" that can be found in many stores in quart mason jars (it's a bit of a recent fad). I think it's just charcoal filtered corn liquor, but it has certain quality of smoothness and faint, pastoral flavor that serves as the best base for herbal infusions that I've found.
The best I've ever made though was with St. George's Terroir Gin with morning glories and shrooms. Holy Canole.

Cufko
#37 Posted : 10/7/2013 10:07:24 PM

Researcher

Hiyo Quicksilver wrote:
Any liquor will do, most folks just use a decent vodka or silver rum. My personal favorite is the commercially available "moonshine" that can be found in many stores in quart mason jars (it's a bit of a recent fad). I think it's just charcoal filtered corn liquor, but it has certain quality of smoothness and faint, pastoral flavor that serves as the best base for herbal infusions that I've found.
The best I've ever made though was with St. George's Terroir Gin with morning glories and shrooms. Holy Canole.
Thanks man! Smile
I got morning glory seeds and I have some mushrooms. I think I'll give it a try, maybe with some vodka, because I'm not really a fan of rums ... And I'll consider making my own moonshine, to use it for other herbs.
This will be great!

frozenthunderbolt
#38 Posted : 10/8/2013 4:32:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've started a 10X enhanced leaf for atemisia absinthum.

10gms dried roughly powdered wormwood soaking in about 100ml of foreshots off my still (mix of acetone, methanol, highproof ethanol and other 'higher alcohols'Pleased

Keeping it warm (on my brewers heat pad!) and agitating it regularly.

Tomorrow i'll strain it and start to evap it onto 1 gm of dried W.W. leaf, I may add more solvent and do a second pull.

working on making a pipe/vaporizer based on the concepts in "the key" and "the intoxicator"(? - i think that's what it was called) - trying to find some of the *fine* stainless tea strainers to cut up for the screens.
Got some nice brass hose fittings to use - pulled out the washers and will make the rest out of copper pipe - hope it will look pretty when i'm done Rolling eyes
Bright blessings

Hiyo Quicksilver
#39 Posted : 10/8/2013 7:34:13 AM

just some guy

Cufko wrote:
I got morning glory seeds and I have some mushrooms. I think I'll give it a try, maybe with some vodka, because I'm not really a fan of rums ... And I'll consider making my own moonshine, to use it for other herbs.
This will be great!

Homemade moonshine isn't really the best liquor, IMO... It's a bit like downing lacquer thinner. I wanted to make a bottle of trippy liquor for a friend entirely from ingredients made or grown in this county, including locally made moonshine, and it was just aweful. It was sure strong and effective, but that super harsh, super high-proof liquor sure was a terrible start to the evening. One thing about 180+ proof liquor though is that it makes a ridiculously potent infusion of the included herbs, so one doesn't need to drink quite as much.

Unless you plan on making huge amounts of the stuff, it ought to suit your needs better to buy some of the ~110-proof store-bought kind, or if you want a higher-proof liquor, 190-proof Everclear grain alcohol. Both have a WAY better taste than any white lightning you could make without some serious experience under your belt. Plus, I think making your own moonshine is illegal in every state of the US and in a great many countries beyond. At fifteen bucks a quart, the store-bought stuff is not such a bad deal considering the risk, effort and investment of the DIY approach.

This stuff is my favorite to mix with, and there's a more common brand called Ole Smokey (sold in a mason jar) that's good as well.

frozenthunderbolt
#40 Posted : 10/8/2013 9:47:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hiyo Quicksilver wrote:

Homemade moonshine isn't really the best liquor, IMO... It's a bit like downing lacquer thinner.
Depends on how it's made, and who's making it - certainly most commercial "moonshine" is shite
Unless you plan on making huge amounts of the stuff, it ought to suit your needs better to buy some of the ~110-proof store-bought kind, or if you want a higher-proof liquor, 190-proof Everclear grain alcohol. Both have a WAY better taste than any white lightning you could make without some serious experience under your belt.
For those genuinely interested in producing a decent product i would suggest Home distiller forum

Bright blessings

PREV123NEXT