We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Searching for enlightenment Options

harth
#1 Posted : 9/10/2013 8:21:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Mysticism:
Immediate consciousness of the transcendent or ultimate reality or God.

Hi there. I made an account because I want to talk about enlightenment. I've been into this for a while, and I know this page and the open-mindedness of you all, and seen no direct thread on that on spirituality board.

So I want to start a topic on the spirituality board directly about that. How one does achieve enlightenment - the point of it all. Do you think it is a good idea? I think so. We can discuss the topic, say what we know and clarify what we don't know.

Cheers,
harth

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

vineseeker
#2 Posted : 9/10/2013 9:31:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

observe and become the other
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Albert Einstein

"It's very, very dangerous to lose contact with living nature."
Albert Hofmann

olympus mon
#3 Posted : 9/10/2013 10:22:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Tattooist specialized in indigenous art, Fine art, medium ink and pen.

This quote I got from last night on the Chat sums up my thoughts on this perfectly. That being Enlightenment is not a place, destination, or achievement but a mind state from mastering and cleansing your perception.

"enlightenment is not a warm blanket designed to make you feel safe or comfortable...... enlightenment is a state of mind where one laughs dances and sings.... while they are drowning"

P.S.-do a Google search and type dmt nexus in the inquiry because I KNOW there have been multiple threads about this if your interested in reading past thoughts on the subject. No harm with starting a new conversation though IMO.
I am not gonna lie, shits gonna get weird!
Troubles Breaking Through? Click here.
The Art of Changa. making the perfect blend.

harth
#4 Posted : 9/11/2013 9:50:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I've browsed spirituality board and found this: https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=29529

So indeed we do have theory of enlightenment here, but there arises the question: How does one achieve it?

hug46
#5 Posted : 9/11/2013 9:56:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

harth wrote:

So indeed we do have theory of enlightenment here, but there arises the question: How does one achieve it?

By not bothering. The weight of expectation will be lifted and you will become en-lightened.

Creo
#6 Posted : 9/11/2013 11:05:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Enlightenment exists and anyone can become enlightened.

I didn't believe this until I read Awareness by Anthony De Mello. He explains simply and clearly what enlightenment is and how to achieve it.

He's the real deal.

harth
#7 Posted : 9/11/2013 5:39:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks man. I'm already reading this, also on the topic of realisation:
http://www.holybooks.com...Nisargadatta-Maharaj.pdf

so your book goes next Smile I'll try it.

vineseeker
#8 Posted : 9/11/2013 6:13:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont read books, I read multidimensional psychedelic knowledge.
If you do that all books SUCK! Laughing
Albert Einstein

Albert Hofmann

SKA
#9 Posted : 9/11/2013 7:16:20 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I found Eckhart Tolle's Audio books on Enlightenment very helpfull! Do check them out.
Also I found little snippets of knowledge known as "Koans" in Zen Buddhism ALSO to be very helpfull
in learning what enlightenment really is and how to achieve it. These Koans will not directly tell
you how to achieve enlightenment; Rather they give examples explaining Enlightenment and the barriers
to it(Ego)

Try googling for "Zen Koans"

armbarsalot
#10 Posted : 9/11/2013 8:14:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious" C Jung

Seek what lies beneath in your own mind, body and soul and you find the path.
"Keep your friends close but your elbows closer." Unknown

armbarsalot
#11 Posted : 9/12/2013 1:21:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

reminds me of ratatouille, every one can become a chef

beyond awakening..

"He is passionate about demythologizing the process of awakening, which he defines as “the ability to see experience as process in real time.” One of his most radical assertions is that awakening is not only possible, but it’s possible for almost everyone, a kind of democratization of enlightenment. And as a pragmatist, he points to his own awakening and ongoing experience as proof of this."

Edit : WOW, listen to the 1 hr 40 min podcast linked on the bottom of the article. Really good.

podcast links.. awakening blog podcasts
"Keep your friends close but your elbows closer." Unknown

YogiB
#12 Posted : 9/12/2013 6:44:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Enlightenment.....
For me, it's a constant journey... Just thinking about becoming enlightened or knowing the various opportunities/possibilities of spiritual growth in itself is enlightening. A major accomplishment for me was to, for the first time, see myself objectively in different "formats". It's hard to explain, but I know there is a "bigger" me out there being very objective with my other "selfs". I'd consider that one path of personal enlightenment.

Yoganonda helped me get to the beginning realization of true self awareness I think.
I Ching, and Tao Te Ching were incredibly influential in this shift in thinking....
And then on to some general philosophies... "As a man thinketh", "Auto of a yogi", and even some fiction! Frank Herbert, Haruki Morikami, so many philosophies so little time!

Another interesting idea I've been playing with is the actual "enlightenment" of just living. Just writing this, seeing what I have read and going through the various memories to articulately convey an account of how I became who I am, to you, is an enlightening event. My cat sitting next to me, the xbox streaming a documentary I am watching, and my attention given to the clouds outside finally dissipating is all realization of the current now, and probably on the path to enlightenment that I currently need to be.

One last realization. Just because I am enlightened doesn't mean I can exit my body and go live in a higher plain on command of my spirit, just like it doesn't enable me to shoot rainbows from my ass or to psychically educate people on their naiveté' whenever it comes about. That in itself is enlightening! And now your a little more enlightened by reading this.

MUCHO LOVO YO!
"Always try to see the good in others, you are also being seen."
Brandon Chadbourne

vineseeker
#13 Posted : 9/13/2013 1:02:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
just like it doesn't enable me to shoot rainbows from my ass

Are you sure Razz Laughing
Albert Einstein

Albert Hofmann

Parshvik Chintan
#14 Posted : 9/13/2013 9:40:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

waking up is the easy part.
its the falling back asleep that gets you (and by you i mean me) every time
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

YogiB
#15 Posted : 9/13/2013 11:51:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

vineseeker wrote:
Quote:
just like it doesn't enable me to shoot rainbows from my ass

Are you sure Razz Laughing

I'm still trying to conquer that one. Maybe in the next place! Honestly, I think our gifts in the next plane will be as fabulous as rainbows coming from our nooks and crannies. But the point of being enlightened is perhaps not to care even if we could shoot rainbows from our asses, because for me at least, it's about getting rid of the negative ego. (Then again, I love rainbows and would make it happen often because they are pretty, and that's pretty egoless!)
"Always try to see the good in others, you are also being seen."
Brandon Chadbourne

Mz.Gypzy
#16 Posted : 9/14/2013 6:01:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Aren't all self aware beings searching for enlightenment?

The best word to fit my spiritual practice or religion would be mysticism. Or mystic.

For me, Mysticism is about self communion with the divine, experiencing the higher truth, merging with the higher frequencies. Finding the knowledge for yourself,
Experiencing it.
DMT and other molecules can be a great tools for opening some of the doors, IME.

If we were enlightened, we wouldn't have words to tell another how it is done.

It is a self realization, that once is known might be
un-englishable.

The secret is that we are all enlightened beings. But have forgotten.

Or something like that. Very happy

Enjoy the journey, not the destination.

who's minding the store?- Ram Dass
Mz.Gypzy is a fictional character. I have a very active imagination. I like to make things up, to entertain myself and others on the internet. I do not use, or condone the use of illegal substances. Everything I write here on the Nexus is for pure entrainment purposes only.

harth
#17 Posted : 9/14/2013 11:42:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It would be great to meet someone who actually is enlightened, dont you think so? Some kind of Zen Master, Guru or so Smile That would be like a catalysator for our own enlightenment.

Creo
#18 Posted : 9/14/2013 11:54:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's very difficult to tell if someone is enlightened or not. A lot of gurus who claim to be enlightened are not enlightened. You just have to look at their lives and their relationships with the people around them and you can see that they're just as flawed as everyone else.

Anthony De Mello is the only person I've come across who I'd say was enlightened (to some degree), unfortunately he died in 1987.

harth
#19 Posted : 9/14/2013 12:16:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I think it's impossible to tell. You just have to trust. If the Guru is false, that's how it meant to be. Learn a lesson from this.

Are you telling me you've actually met Tony de Mello? Smile

Creo
#20 Posted : 9/14/2013 1:02:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Unfortunately not, I wish I had.

One other person who seems genuine and sincere is Adyashanti. His style of teaching is a little too vague for me but it might work for you. Here's a link to his book on achieving enlightenment.

The Way of Liberation - A Practical Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment

12NEXT