We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Insoluble Leftovers from re-converting Options

Paradoxon
#1 Posted : 9/9/2013 10:50:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I converted some DMT-freebase to fumarate and back as a cleaning procedure. After recrystallization of this re-converted freebase in warm heptane, i found some white residues on the bottom of the glas, which just wouldn´t dissolve (i added more heptane than enough). Is it possible, that those insoluble residues are maybe fumaric-acid or sodium carbonat?
Are we a human being with a spiritual experience, or are we a spiritual being with a human experience?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Paradoxon
#2 Posted : 9/10/2013 8:26:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well, the residues were soluble in distilled water and the pH was about 10. So i assume the leftovers were sodium carbonat. Anyway, did someone else noticed the same thing?
Are we a human being with a spiritual experience, or are we a spiritual being with a human experience?

endlessness
#3 Posted : 9/10/2013 1:21:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How did you convert to freebase? Can you describe your exact steps?

Definitely sounds like sodium carbonate excess... But this can be eliminated depending on how you do the conversion.

Paradoxon
#4 Posted : 9/10/2013 5:06:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I followed the Type 1 procedure from the Fumarates to Freebase Conversion TEK, which was kindly posted by you, endlessness, as i assume. I definitely added some excess sodium carbonat water solution (maybe 2-3 ml) to the DMT-fumarate-water, since i did it the first time and was unsure about how "no more clouding" looks like... I´m sure i could have done it more slowly.

However, I don´t mind recrystallizing in naptha/heptane. The possibilty of cleaning the spice, while it is a fumarate-salt, is intriguing to me though Smile Will try that soon.