We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Not planned mountian tripping Options

Jox
#1 Posted : 9/8/2013 12:31:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

HI all,

me and my partner had a plan to do a mushroom journey in the mountains of Oaxaca, and then to do 10 days vipassana retreat in Oaxaca city. However there were no mushrooms in the mountains until the last day of our stay. Without planning we bought freshly picked "derrumbes" or Psilocybe caerulescens. We never actually had this type, we usually picked ourselves liberty caps, or cubensis. In a mushroom family we bought we had 8 mushrooms, so we devided in two and we ate them on our way to our favorite spot on the mountain top opposite of the village...

Within the 10 minutes I layed down and closed my eyes... I already stared to trip. For for hours me and my partner couldn't open our eyes for more then few seconds, nor could we walk more then two steps.

This was totally not planned. I could rain, we were in the open nature, with $, camera, documents and we could not even open the eyes, somebody could pass by and totally rob us, or we could get very wet and cold from the rain. Fortunetly it didn't rain, and we didn't get robbed. But it was clear that we did a mistake, and we had been very careful in the past, but s***t happened.

The trip came in fast, strong, the spanish word "derrumbe" is when the mountain slides with rocks, when the house colapses after the earth quacke, or when a person falls apart. We thought after the hour that we were peacking, little that we knew, we were not even half way. After the first hour, we could not even talk to each other, nor even aware of our own existence.

Danesh after 3 hours started to cry, and some time later he felt freedom and happiness as well as I did. After 4 hours we could make it to our cabin, it was dificult to get to the cabin, even though we have been spending our summer vacations there many times.

It was a very healing journey after all, I wish it had been more structured, so the worries of the everyday life were not part of the trip.

Jox

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

jamie
#2 Posted : 9/8/2013 8:17:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

wow..sounds like some strong mushrooms. I would love to eat mushrooms in the mountains around Oaxaca. I have spent many days and nights off in the forest eating mushrooms and it can get really hectic. That's mushrooms though..all over the place. It's great, but I need to have everything perfect when I take mushrooms now.
Long live the unwoke.

Metanoia
#3 Posted : 9/8/2013 9:39:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Like jamie, I tend to have more 'structured' trips nowadays. I went off into nature and tripped many, many times, but I enjoy silent darkness indoors mostly now.

Funny, I was just thinking how I need to get out and trip in the woods before the weather gets really cold. I had this weekend in mind, but chickened out because I would have had to go alone.

jamie
#4 Posted : 9/8/2013 7:50:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I got not problems walking off into the woods alone to trip still. I just have to have food, water and warm enough clothing with me and I don't want to be sitting on some trail near strangers. I have spent days on mushrooms, LSD and cacti off in nature where I ran out of either food or water, or I was so high(on acid) and had to crawl off beside a log because I sat down to peak on a nature trail full of families walking by etc..once on cacti I got low blood sugar and had no food or juice with me and started to get horrible anxiety and then started to like half faint, walking up the road from the beach trying to reach a gas station to buy juice probly looking like a dead person.

I have also been woken up sleeping in some ferns once by park patrol officers after eating mushrooms and then coming down with some acid and deciding to camp in the ferns.

I was younger then.
Long live the unwoke.

Metanoia
#5 Posted : 9/8/2013 9:38:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Haha, I have similar stories. I was much younger then too Laughing

I was once lost in Algonquin park for several days after wandering off during a mushroom trip. I had no survival skills at all, I was lucky to have made it. I was starving and dehydrated by the time I finally managed to reach someone. After that I took an interest in how to survive in the wilderness.

Jox
#6 Posted : 9/9/2013 8:43:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Dioxippus and Jaime,

Scary stories guys, at least you are at the laughing point, I am not there yet....!

I am not proud at all of what happened, I hold myself as responsible practitioner, and I did a total mess for both of us.

But I am still wondering why it hit us so strong: 4 hours lying on the grass without able to open the eyes or walk two steps???

It comes to mind that we did Kambo 3 days before taking mushrooms as part of preparation for the vipassana. Was Kambo responsible for such an impact?

Did anybody get to the point that was nocked down for hours from shrooms only?

Jox

jamie
#7 Posted : 9/9/2013 11:19:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

"Did anybody get to the point that was nocked down for hours from shrooms only?"

Oh yeah..especially with local woodlovers. The wild mushrooms that grow in the temperate rainforest of the PNW can knock you right off into breakthrough psilocybin space pretty easily. I had to learn that the hard way..again the first time that happened was in old growth rainforest, at night, after eating mushrooms from that same forrest. It was comparable to what I imagine ayahuasca in it's home jungle to be like. I was literally on the forrest floor out of body in hyperspace unaware of my friends around me for a period of time.

This was how I learned to really respect psilocybe cyanescens. Never ate that much again.
Long live the unwoke.

sleepypelican
#8 Posted : 10/14/2013 7:08:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jox wrote:
we bought freshly picked "derrumbes" or Psilocybe caerulescens.

maybe i'm too new to post this but...
no talk of buying drugs, right?

very cool report though
In dreams...I walk with you
In dreams...I talk to you
In dreams...Your mine
All of the time
We're together
In dreams...In dreams

Nathanial.Dread
#9 Posted : 1/18/2014 7:48:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

sleepypelican wrote:
Jox wrote:
we bought freshly picked "derrumbes" or Psilocybe caerulescens.

maybe i'm too new to post this but...
no talk of buying drugs, right?

very cool report though

I'm not a mod, but I think that this one will slide, since they were in Oaxaca, where not only are the mushrooms legal for possession and sale, but there is a small tourism industry associated with them.

They weren't breaking any laws, or doing any kind of punishable offense.

My 2 cents

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

infinitynlove
#10 Posted : 1/20/2014 12:36:35 AM

Mushroom Explorer

Good report! interesting that you couldn't even open your eyes!

Sounds like a wild ride Smile

Thanks for sharing your exp with the nexus
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention in fact everything I write here is a lie !

I hope in some way, my posts and replies may of helped you, I hope you like what I have said here if not feel free to send me a none flame PM