We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Drug Agents Use Vast Phone Trove, Eclipsing N.S.A.’s Options

Ufostrahlen
#1 Posted : 9/2/2013 11:16:16 AM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Quote:
The government pays AT&T to place its employees in drug-fighting units around the country. Those employees sit alongside Drug Enforcement Administration agents and local detectives and supply them with the phone data from as far back as 1987.

http://www.nytimes.com/2...rove-eclipsing-nsas.html
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Parshvik Chintan
#2 Posted : 9/2/2013 11:50:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

..Scheiße...
Sad
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

Ufostrahlen
#3 Posted : 9/2/2013 3:02:26 PM

Parshvik Chintan wrote:
Scheiße

This sums up the head content of the surveillance agents.
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.

Nathanial.Dread
#4 Posted : 9/2/2013 5:21:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

It makes a certain amount of sense.

Pot is pretty quickly become accepted and legal, so the Feds are going to need something else to demonize and spend our tax payer dollars fighting.

Since there's nothing quite as ubiquitous as pot, my guess is that they start tackling a lot of smaller drugs. I bet we see a lot more DMT busts and the loss of a lot of ethnobotanical sellers in the next few years.

Get live plants now while you still have the chance.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

The Day Tripper
#5 Posted : 9/2/2013 6:58:46 PM

Rennasauce Man

Location: A Pale Blue Dot orbiting a GV2 Yellow Dwarf fusion powered Luminous Ball of Plasma at 30km/s
Program started in 07' iirc.

Personally, not very surprising.

The thing I'm confused about is how they use subpoenas to justify this surveillance/intelligence gathering.

And how they use these at&t employees to get the information they are seeking on a particular suspect.

And the due process of law that is most likely being shredded in the process.

But, not surprising at all really.

When you look at the history of this topic, time and time again, its been shown that is is the norm for intelligence gathering by the us governemnt.

They have their hands in all the data telecommunications methods, so the only way to preserve privacy in this type of atmosphere is to use end to end encryption, preferably pgp.

But that gets a red flag on your name anyway, so idk.

Perhaps hide the data in a vpn/ssl tunnel to mask the pgp.

IDK, privacy is dead in Amerikkka.

The quote about fascism coming to america carrying the cross, and draped in the flag. Perhaps its draped in the flag, and waving the banner of nationalism/national security.
"let those who have talked to the elves, find each other and band together" -TMK

In a society in which nearly everybody is dominated by somebody else's mind or by a disembodied mind, it becomes increasingly difficult to learn the truth about the activities of governments and corporations, about the quality or value of products, or about the health of one's own place and economy.
In such a society, also, our private economies will depend less upon the private ownership of real, usable property, and more upon property that is institutional and abstract, beyond individual control, such as money, insurance policies, certificates of deposit, stocks, etc. And as our private economies become more abstract, the mutual, free helps and pleasures of family and community life will be supplanted by a kind of displaced citizenship and by commerce with impersonal and self-interested suppliers...
The great enemy of freedom is the alignment of political power with wealth. This alignment destroys the commonwealth - that is, the natural wealth of localities and the local economies of household, neighborhood, and community - and so destroys democracy, of which the commonwealth is the foundation and practical means.” - Wendell Berry

null24
#6 Posted : 9/3/2013 4:00:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Amerika, home of the scared.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

Hieronymous
#7 Posted : 9/3/2013 12:04:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So if I was to encrypt a shitload of gibberish that seems to follow a grammatical structure and send it to people it could drive some poor bastard around the twist trying decipher it.

Ufostrahlen
#8 Posted : 9/3/2013 2:41:45 PM

The Day Tripper wrote:
Perhaps its draped in the flag, and waving the banner of nationalism/national security.

National security = homeland security = state security = Stasi https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stasi
And if you add a secret police to the secret FISA court, you have the Gestapo. (Gestapo = secret state police) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gestapo
Now all you need is the Bellamy salute and there you go. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellamy_salute

Stop

benzyme
#9 Posted : 9/3/2013 3:30:18 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

you know what they say about history..
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

vardlokkur
#10 Posted : 9/3/2013 9:04:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

C'mon guys I'm finally beginning to lose my paranoia and hypervigilance.. Don't ruin it with this stuff, the WWIII hype with Syria is enough on it's own.
The only hell for a warrior is peace.

The warm fuzzy side of the cold hard truth.

hixidom
#11 Posted : 9/4/2013 4:38:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Since there's nothing quite as ubiquitous as pot, my guess is that they start tackling a lot of smaller drugs. I bet we see a lot more DMT busts and the loss of a lot of ethnobotanical sellers in the next few years.

The drug money seized from pot busts pretty much sustains these agencies somewhat. I doubt that they will make nearly as much money by targeting drugs like DMT. The next drug of interest to feds should be the one that results in the most money changing hands. I would guess that the next best thing to weed is either cocaine or meth in terms of the amount of money moved due to sales, but I don't really know what drugs are hip nowadays.
Every day I am thankful that I was introduced to psychedelic drugs.

Nathanial.Dread
#12 Posted : 9/9/2013 2:21:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hixidom wrote:
Quote:

The drug money seized from pot busts pretty much sustains these agencies somewhat. I doubt that they will make nearly as much money by targeting drugs like DMT. The next drug of interest to feds should be the one that results in the most money changing hands. I would guess that the next best thing to weed is either cocaine or meth in terms of the amount of money moved due to sales, but I don't really know what drugs are hip nowadays.

MDMA will probably come under a lot of heat, as will all of those analogues that are technically illegal under the FAA but no one really deals with right now.

Substituted tryptamines and phenthyliamines that make good party drugs will take a hit.

Prescription medicine abuse also will become harder.
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

NotTwo
#13 Posted : 9/25/2015 12:11:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think if we keep quantities relatively small, NEVER sell it and don't go for smoalking at public gatherings (well nothing mainstream!) then they'll not be too interested.

They're far more interested in busting big coke dealers or big time party drug sellers IMO. That's where they can justify their budgets.

In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.

universecannon
#14 Posted : 9/25/2015 2:20:06 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

benzyme wrote:
you know what they say about history..

That no one ever learns from history Laughing

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

anne halonium
#15 Posted : 9/25/2015 6:15:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

and with all that spying,
drugs are better and cheaper than ever!

anytime that silly gubbamint wages war on something it gets stronger and better.

todays professionals are highly trained , specialized,
and hardly annoyed by the snoopers, as they are simply better funded,
and certainly more motivated, while outnumbering the goose steppers!

the drug war is collapsing.
the USSA police state is a farce of a paper tiger.
its only value left is the ability to harvest cash
from the unlucky poor and minority peeps who are caught without cover.

mass surveilllance does little to affect drug trade,
beyond terror to the sheeple.

as the drug war collapses.
let us not forget the american dope stasi and its collaborators.
50 yrs of oppression and cultural genocide is enough.
DEMAND drug war tribunals for the perps when it ends,
and may we use the spy apparatus to round them up!

its now about accountability, and dogs and helicopters.

"loph girl incarnate / lab rabbits included"
kids dont try anything annie does at home ,
for for scientific / educational review only.

Leithen
#16 Posted : 9/28/2015 2:54:44 PM

Be Here Now

I have heard a somewhat different story regarding this that I would like to share. This comes DIRECTLY from a special agent for the FBI. Although this was said off the record and cannot be relied on as fact, I believe it and think it makes a lot of sense. I am no longer in contact with this person but our discussion on this topic took place about a year and a half ago.

He told me that the Feds DO NOT look through phone records to find drug dealers or anything of the sort. In fact, he claimed they never look through phone records unless it is a part of an ongoing investigation. For example, someone who has a warrant for selling heroin could easily have his phone records given up to the feds with out much more than a phone call. That being said, he claimed they would never waste their time looking through the hundreds of thousands of texts daily trying to catch people.

I have actually been lucky enough (in my opinion) to see this person actually get phone records. He claimed T-mobile was the hardest to get information from but all require hardly anything more than a phone call. With AT&T it was legitimately a five minute phone call and he had the suspects entire phone history and texts. Thumbs down

This post is not meant to scare but actually instill more confidence. Although the government definitely has somewhat easy access to personal information, it may be easier than we think to avoid the scrutiny of the DEA and FBI. I personally think drugs like cocaine, meth and heroin will be put at the forefront of the "war on drugs" and lesser known drugs will still be relatively easy to deal with. Of course there is no way to know and precautions must be taken regardless.

Hope this was somewhat helpful and I would love to answer any questions I can.
“How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it.”
― Alexander Shulgin, Pihkal: A Chemical Love Story

fluidfocus
#17 Posted : 9/28/2015 3:37:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

kiki24
#18 Posted : 11/16/2015 11:24:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting...yeah. I guess that makes sense I mean who would have resources for that. And what about Europe and other parts of the world? Do you think its the same? How old records do you think they keep? It has to be sh** load of data to store...i mean everybody has a phone even homeless I think..

Ufostrahlen
#19 Posted : 11/16/2015 11:56:48 AM

kiki24 wrote:
And what about Europe and other parts of the world?

If it's voice over IP the dragnet XKeyscore is present worldwide with 150 sites.

Also most (if not all) switches have inbuilt modules for lawful interception. They just go to the judge and tell him, you're a bad druggie. I don't think they do this with your avarage hippie, but you better don't sell 1kg of coke and talk about it on the phone. The C1A and their respective branches hate competition. Razz

Quote:
Almost all countries have LI capability requirements and have implemented them using global LI requirements and standards developed by the European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI), 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP), or CableLabs organisations—for wireline/Internet, wireless, and cable systems, respectively. In the USA, the comparable requirements are enabled by the Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (CALEA), with the specific capabilities promulgated jointly by the Federal Communications Commission and the Department of Justice. In the USA, Lawful Intercept technology is currently patented by a company named Voip-pal.com under the USPTO Publication #: 20100150138.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawful_interception

Hippie countermeasurement for your mobile phone: https://whispersystems.org/#page-top

pitubo
#20 Posted : 11/16/2015 3:42:33 PM

dysfunctional word machine

Keyword matching is pretty useless for surveillance purposes. Too many false positives, plus serious targets use code-talk in sensitive communications anyway.

Government agencies use network analysis and related combinatorial algorithms. Read up on graph theory if you want to understand more about it. These agencies don't employ so many mathematicians just to have them do something as trivial as counting words.

What it boils down to is that it is much more interesting to know who one is talking to (and who they are talking to in turn), instead of what is being said exactly. An added advantage of this approach is that while the contents of a communication channel can be obfuscated easily, the presence of the communication channel cannot be obfuscated so easily.

Back in the days when the US government first admitted to the existence of the nsa (until then newsgroup posts cheekily called it the "No Such Agency" ), I visited the nsa.gov website when it publicly appeared. Somewhere on their site they had a page with a list of "scientific projects" they sponsored, one of which was a big computing system to analyze "astronomical data". You see, when you look up at the night sky, you'll see a lot of black and only few white points. Put an image of the night sky into a matrix and you have what is called a "sparse matrix". So the nsa was sponsoring scientists to come up with better algorithms to process the sparse matrices.

Well what do you get when you have a matrix with the complete ip address range as rows and as columns and the existence of communications as values in the matrix? A sparse matrix with an astronomical amount of data...