We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pure-ish Bufotenine Consitency Options

Entheogenerator
#1 Posted : 8/28/2013 11:13:16 PM

Homo discens

Alright, I finally managed to finish an A. colubrina extraction. I came out with a small pile of a waxy yellow crystalline substance that has the potent odor of trytamines. The appearance is consistent with pictures of pure 5-HO-DMT that I have seen on Erowid and other sites. But I wasn't really expecting something quite so sticky and waxy. I really didn't know what to expect, as I have never seen pure bufotenine and I have found limited info online regarding the consistency and appearance. Is this to be expected? It isn't extremely sticky, not like a paste or oil, but I still am wondering what the best way to store it would be. Any ideas on storage methods for sticky extracts? Any insights or thoughts are greatly appreciated.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 8/28/2013 11:18:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds good if u got it this clean Smile

So you did FASA, then what? How did you convert to freebase? Did you do any further purification?

As for storage, I guess a glass vial in the fridge/freezer is good. As with everything, storage is always better when cold, dark and dry.

jamie
#3 Posted : 8/28/2013 11:26:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

it smells like indole?

Weird. Mine never smelled like indole. All the bufotenine crystals I had smelled kind of like burnt coffee..the way 69ron always described it smelling.
Long live the unwoke.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 8/28/2013 11:28:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe because you toasted the seeds and it carried some of the smell ? I think toasting seeds is not necessary if one works with FASA and so on.

jamie
#5 Posted : 8/28/2013 11:37:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I didn't toast them when I was doing FASI.
Long live the unwoke.

endlessness
#6 Posted : 8/28/2013 11:42:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting...

To be honest I really don't remember what bufotenine smelled like.. Once i extract again I'll pay attention to it Smile

Entheogenerator
#7 Posted : 8/28/2013 11:53:07 PM

Homo discens

Endlessness, I did your method using FASA: Mixed 1:1 sodium carbonate with fumerates, dried, pulled with ethyl acetate 3x, combined pulls and evaporated but yielded a pretty dark and very oily substance. So from there I borrowed the purification step from the No-Smell Tek, by dissolving this oily stuff in 10ml acetone, adding 40mL VM&P NAPHTHA to crash out any impurities, siphoned off solvent and evaporated, leaving .449g sticky, yellowish 5-HO-DMT (hopefully). I will post a bioassay report once my theobromine powder arrives in the mail, since I feel more comfortable using a vasodilator for the first go-round. Thank you for all of your help! Thumbs up
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Entheogenerator
#8 Posted : 8/28/2013 11:55:58 PM

Homo discens

jamie wrote:
it smells like indole?

Weird. Mine never smelled like indole. All the bufotenine crystals I had smelled kind of like burnt coffee..the way 69ron always described it smelling.

I have read from a few select sources that small amounts of N,N can sometimes be found in A. colubrina seeds, but I haven't found any solid evidence... Perhaps that could explain the smell?