We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What have you learned from DMT? Options

paradox4213
#1 Posted : 8/23/2013 10:37:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, here I am, a new member to DMT nexus. I feel like I've been a member for months now because I have been reading and researching from this site for months now. I have also been experimenting with DMT for months now. Though, I feel like we are all experimenting with DMT. The moment one feels they "got it" with this drug is likely a step in the wrong direction.

I'll keep the narrative brief. I feel limited posting this here as I feel this is an important question that should reach all involved with DMT and DMT nexus. We'll see where this post takes us, though...

I am wondering what all of you feels you have learned or achieved since the introduction of this entheogen into your lives. What lessons have you learned and how has DMT overall shaped or reshaped your perspectives?

I also feel like this is what all of the DMT-Nexus is about, but that it never really got asked outright. Again I feel this is an important question and hope it doesn't get overlooked by my noobie status. Furthermore, I understand that a lot of this will be personal and perhaps again, overlooked by others. It is my opinion that the personal lessons DMT may have taught us, are equally important to all of us, in a way. Maybe we have learned these lessons previously, but some may not have. No matter how esoteric the lesson, it may still touch some.

I will start:
I have learned to accept my current state unconditionally. That the will the fight and control a situation can be an incredibly limiting barricade of its own.

I have learned that no matter how negative the experience, one must always remain in a state of passive observation and acceptance. Even in suffering, there are lessons to learn, not through rejection, but through acceptance and acknowledgement. If you face the devil in his face, one should not rebuke, but rather smile and understand.

The last thing I have learned is that we are so extremely limited by our identities. Me a white, American, English speaking Male limits my expression, experiences, and ideals to this origin. The other side is that our experiences are so profoundly valuable to all life, that even through our limitation, we should rejoice in every aspect of our selves. I may be an American human, but how many, really can claim that? How many again can claim my experiences in this American human existence? Something is gained in every memory.

What have you learned? I am sincerely interested in your input.

Also, there are some... shall we say: "recurring archtypes" of my experiences lurking here, that I would be eager to hear from. Many of you regular members always provide a wealth of knowledge. I am grateful to hear any input, but especially welcome the select enlightened individuals to grace my thread. I guess we will see just how gripping a topic this is and who shall surface.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ZenSpice
#2 Posted : 8/23/2013 1:18:27 PM

Mostly Ignored

DMT taught me patience and humility.

It taught me that I am not perfect nor will I ever be, as those perceptions of perfection are laid down via perceived external expectations. That we are in all likeliness exactly what we need or choose to be, at any given time, in order to either further our own path or facilitate anothers.

It taught me that having power is not necessarily a precursor to corruption but a mirror of ones own current levels of corruptibility. That people can hold the power to change lives without seeking to ruin or dominate. That such power should not be promoted and lauded blindly but with contemplated reason (I am sure more than a few of us wanted to shout from the rooftops upon our new found creative and healing spaces).

It has taught me to avoid thinking in absolutes and to be ready, at any time, to be dead wrong in my line of thought. That living in the moment is paramount and harnessing the ability to let go is the key to true freedom. It has taught me (via observation) that even a lifetime of atheism can be spun into agnosticism and a general all round feeling of "WTF have I been denying to myself all these years" in less than 10 minutes.

It has taught me that even the most hard minded seekers of knowledge can be left speechless and literally agog for more dumbfoundedness.

Finally it has taught me that just when I thought I was out, I get pulled back in. That the "answers" usually offered by DMT merely open up to Questions questions and more questions..

Global
#3 Posted : 8/24/2013 3:49:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

You might be interested in the responses from this old thread from 2008.

The second of two experiences from A Double Header I had included a unique and very direct lesson in the mechanics of the multidimensional geometries and their interdimensional motions. They explained and demonstrated how it involves moving part of an object into a hidden background while moving concealed parts of the object that are already in the hidden background into the visible foreground, and that furthermore it all has to do with the right angles. Surely enough a year or so later when I'm researching as much as I can about multidimensional geometry, I come to find out that it is caused by rotating the objects through the upper dimensions (or in the case of my demonstration - the "background" ) and that the dimensions are juxtaposed at 90 degree angles. This continues to be the case in my multidimensional experiences where I have on multiple occasions noticed how they will sometimes stack a number of iterations of planes (or dimensions) at 90 degree angles, and that it through a unique and intended viewing angle that it appears like a full complete multidimensional object, and not simply a series of 2D slices juxtaposed at right angles.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

universecannon
#4 Posted : 8/24/2013 4:05:26 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I've learned that i'm unimaginably ignorant

theres some good answers in these links
https://www.google.com/s...ed+site:www.dmt-nexus.me

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

adam
#5 Posted : 8/24/2013 5:06:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Learned that I truly KNOW nothing.

mahan
#6 Posted : 8/24/2013 5:35:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I am still trying for a DMT trip, so far no success, so I cannot say what I have learned but I can say what I would like to achieve.

I feel that a lot of people in this world, myself included, lack a good level of empathy. I want to do good, I want to be better but I never apply myself in the sense of going out of my way for others. I would like to rid myself of this behaviour but I have a problem. I see the negative of things and I compare myself with others and my ego tells me that I am better. I am fully aware of how I am but I cannot change it. I have become anti-social due to this. I find it more stimulating to keep myself busy with things than with people and I am not sure if I like it.

So what am I looking for? A reset. A new sense of understanding and harmony. To rid myself of whatever is causing me to be how I am, over analytical and unhappy.
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light -you'll never forget it." Carl Sagan

dimethylatedspirit
#7 Posted : 8/24/2013 7:47:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

mahan wrote:
I feel that a lot of people in this world, myself included, lack a good level of empathy. I want to do good, I want to be better but I never apply myself in the sense of going out of my way for others. I would like to rid myself of this behaviour but I have a problem. I see the negative of things and I compare myself with others and my ego tells me that I am better. I am fully aware of how I am but I cannot change it. I have become anti-social due to this. I find it more stimulating to keep myself busy with things than with people and I am not sure if I like it.

I can totally relate with this mahan.

mahan wrote:
So what am I looking for? A reset. A new sense of understanding and harmony. To rid myself of whatever is causing me to be how I am, over analytical and unhappy.

Same here, I hope you find that reset your looking for.
“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
― Albert Einstein

paradox4213
#8 Posted : 8/24/2013 8:10:40 AM
DMT-Nexus member

First of all, thank you all for your replies. The links are super helpful and open up a lot more research I'd like to do. For everyone else, your input is extremely valuable and interesting. I am certainly glad I asked/posted!

Zen spice, there is a lot of wisdom in your experiences! I loved your experience with perfection as a notion derived from external sources. It isn't something I had thought about with DMT, but it is definitely an awesome reflection that will go in my roster of things to meditate on!

Mahan, I can say I completely relate to you and that was the first thing DMT taught me. My first trip was completely alien and strange. I had a hard time letting go of reality and had a sense of some external entity watching me like a scientist. Presenting, then watching how I reacted to this experience and recording it like I was some lab animal. My perception of this was that my ego was reflecting to me (I think) and that I myself was over-analytical of the experience, which caused a great deal of discomfort. What helped me was to think of it as a movie. Watch and note what you see, but do not try to fixate on anything, nor control anything. If you know what I mean when I say enter a state of free association, or a meditative state, then that is your best bet. They aren't the same thing, but the key is to observe without judgement and to watch the thoughts flow. All the work comes after the trip, when you record furiously what you experienced and THEN over-analyze what you witnessed. Again, I am a noobie, and this is just what works for me.

In regards to the anti-social behavior and ego interference with relationships... well that's off topic, so perhaps I will PM you and you can decide if my words help or should be taken with a grain of salt. EDIT: well that's dumb, I cannot PM you because I am new. I don't sit well with boundaries. Flood the board for your restrictive nature Nexus!!:

In regards to the anti-social behavior and ego interference with relationships... I was there too years ago (still am at least once a month). I lived in complete isolation and pretty much hated and distrusted all the sheep that crowd the earth. My perception has changed that there are two modes of living. A life observed (from the sidelines) and a life lived. These creatures we despise live life, though they do not observe it. People like us observe it from the sidelines, but don't exactly live in the social aspect. Recently I have decided I can have my cake and eat it too and once I learned to channel my analytical nature to the moment (rather than the past and future) I have gained tremendously in social situations. I don't think DMT will get you there though... This takes an incredible amount of personal work. DMT may help to understand yourself and an ego death may provide the reset you need... But work hard outside of hyperspace too. Force yourself to smile often. Force yourself to look people in the eye and say hello. Systematic desensitization of any fears of social situations from lack of lubrication through such experiences. Also, I would expect discomfort in the real world and maybe even in hyperspace... discomfort is a good sign though; it means you are pushing yourself outside your comfort zone and thus growing and learning. Just make sure it isn't ever more than you can handle, or that it doesn't push you to apathy. End rant. Hope it helps :/

ZenSpice
#9 Posted : 8/24/2013 1:50:02 PM

Mostly Ignored

Thanks for the compliment, I feel we are on similar paths tbh Pleased

paradox4213 wrote:
In regards to the anti-social behavior and ego interference with relationships... I was there too years ago (still am at least once a month). I lived in complete isolation and pretty much hated and distrusted all the sheep that crowd the earth. My perception has changed that there are two modes of living. A life observed (from the sidelines) and a life lived. These creatures we despise live life, though they do not observe it. People like us observe it from the sidelines, but don't exactly live in the social aspect. Recently I have decided I can have my cake and eat it too and once I learned to channel my analytical nature to the moment (rather than the past and future) I have gained tremendously in social situations. I don't think DMT will get you there though... This takes an incredible amount of personal work. DMT may help to understand yourself and an ego death may provide the reset you need... But work hard outside of hyperspace too. Force yourself to smile often. Force yourself to look people in the eye and say hello. Systematic desensitization of any fears of social situations from lack of lubrication through such experiences. Also, I would expect discomfort in the real world and maybe even in hyperspace... discomfort is a good sign though; it means you are pushing yourself outside your comfort zone and thus growing and learning. Just make sure it isn't ever more than you can handle, or that it doesn't push you to apathy. End rant. Hope it helps :/

This as an example, I very much resonate with this and the shadows it casts into my own not too distant past..

Welcome to the Nexus BTW Pleased

#10 Posted : 8/24/2013 2:48:33 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

What have I learned? Hmmm.

Nothing and everything.

When you get down to it, there's truly no duality as such, only one ever-present every-flowing awareness with ever-changing novelty, complexity, structure, etc. Good/bad, heaven/hell, angels/demons, +/-, it's all one grandiose design. There's one pattern from which all things emerge including us. We aren't just part of the pattern, we ARE the pattern at our deepest level, such as everything else. Truly ONE. The formless being frozen into the multitude of forms life brings. From stars to galaxies, to grass to rocks to dust to a bead of sweat. All is part of this sacred design.

The realization that we are complete in every moment just the way we are. Realizing our inherent beauty, albeit sometimes terrifyingly so, we are soo damn beautiful (pardon my use of damn). Realizing that at our core, we wear many faces, for we are many people yet we are confined to this limited scope of "me", most likely for our own good hehe. Realizing that past all the duality, there is unrelenting love, it knows no bounds.

My name, Tat Tvam Asi. Thou art that, you are that, for the Self of each individual in it's raw/pure state is wholly identical with the ultimate reality signified as Brahman, which is the ground of all phenomena.

much love,
tat

paradox4213
#11 Posted : 8/24/2013 8:34:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Tattvamasi wrote:
When you get down to it, there's truly no duality as such, only one ever-present every-flowing awareness with ever-changing novelty...

Yes! I agree completely. I would expand that to say we are one, but we are also infinite in the other direction too. All the dichotomies are extraordinarily limiting and based solely on our own limited perceptions. My perception is that we are not only one and fragmented based on our perceptions, but that this one and the fragments alike are infinite. For the larger picture, life and perhaps even consciousness could have manifested in any way conceivable (and perhaps some have elsewhere). For the smaller picture, we hold dearly to our egos and identities, when the fact is, we are a product of many things leading up to and within the given moment and thus exhibit an infinite number of selves. My best metaphor here is that we are like an amoeba or something; one form with an infinite number of shapes possible. In a more palatable way of saying it: we are simultaneously infinitely one and infinitely fragment-able.

Tattvamasi wrote:
The realization that we are complete in every moment just the way we are.

I have to say, I like that concept and have been in pursuit of integrating it for the better part of three years (through meditation). There have been times when using DMT, I felt like that is what I could be taking from it; like an external force, or my subconscious projecting externally, or whatever the sensation is was trying to impart this message to me. Stop and just appreciate the moment. If you do not, it simply will be gone! Anyway, I guess I am glad that you feel DMT brought you this as it gives me hope.

Another question I had regarding these experiences you have all posted:
Do you feel that these lessons take hold? That they are there beyond the afterglow of DMT? To me they are important lessons that have been integrated into my being, but it feels subtle. For example, I know we are all connected, all experiences are valuable, and by extension all living creatures are valuable on this earth etc. etc., but I have to really think about it sometimes. It also oddly feels like that these overt lessons that I am able to verbalize obscure the real changes going on under the radar of ego, so to speak. Like I am integrating so much more that don't require attention and I cannot even explain. Maybe I am just confusing a changing state within myself, but I notice more patience, acceptance, and less fear each in MANY areas where this was not the case before.

What a substance
#12 Posted : 8/25/2013 3:04:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I learned that I know nothing about my mind and that humanity knows nothing about the universe.

I also came to realise that dealing with the former in an investigatory capacity with DMT (or similar) will address the mysteries of the latter but it'll take a long, long time and a lot o' courage and there will be laughter (Laughing ) and tears (Crying or very sad ) but we have the capacity to become universally very Cool

The earth...she made some good plants Laughing

Author of: DMT & My Occult Mind: Investigation of Occult Realities using the Spirit Molecule

The whole cosmos is guided, controlled and animated by an almost endless series of hierarchies of sentient beings, each having a mission to perform. They vary infinitely in their respective degrees of consciousness and intelligence. THE SECRET DOCTRINE

#13 Posted : 8/25/2013 3:38:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

paradox4213 wrote:

Another question I had regarding these experiences you have all posted:
Do you feel that these lessons take hold? That they are there beyond the afterglow of DMT? To me they are important lessons that have been integrated into my being, but it feels subtle. For example, I know we are all connected, all experiences are valuable, and by extension all living creatures are valuable on this earth etc. etc., but I have to really think about it sometimes. It also oddly feels like that these overt lessons that I am able to verbalize obscure the real changes going on under the radar of ego, so to speak. Like I am integrating so much more that don't require attention and I cannot even explain. Maybe I am just confusing a changing state within myself, but I notice more patience, acceptance, and less fear each in MANY areas where this was not the case before.

Words are a pale reflection when it comes to this realm of experience we all frequent. It's not so much about verbalizing, it's about actively doing and/or being. All these lessons/insights are always there, under the radar to be had. Bringing yourself into the very moment whether it be through martial arts, yoga, meditation, painting, exercising, or whatever it is that you love, DO THAT, and do it as much as possible. I feel when we do these things we love, it temporarily reveals whats been there all along - our own divinity, our own lessons that we've been walking over all this time, like buried treasure. They come billowing up in these moments of complete union with the present moment.

I feel these lessons/insights DO last and can be furthered after the afterglow so to speak. But we must be active in this process. Do what brings you into those intense moments. I feel from doing that, hyperspace leaks over into our life, into our very way of doing and being, bit by bit. The subtleties become less subtle, more pronounced over time. WE then become a direct reflection of what we've been all along.

much love,
tat

kajex
#14 Posted : 8/25/2013 3:39:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Respect, humility, openness...

DeDao
#15 Posted : 8/25/2013 3:54:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

-After life is real.
-Eternity is not such an abstract concept as we might assume.
-God is real ( not directly from DMT but confirms )
-That I am a pervert ( Oddly specific, huh? I know.. Laughing )
-That I spend way to much time thinking about my car ( Psychedelics dig deep with me heheh )
-That I had no idea what DMT was before I ingested it, and still don't!
-That life is the echo of a cosmic deity laughing the in the sun of truth.

I am sure there are more. More to come perhaps. Either way, enjoy your day!
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

doodlekid
#16 Posted : 8/25/2013 4:04:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

* That attachment to happiness or aversion to suffering are sides of the same coin.

* That life ought to be experienced in all its facets.

* The physical universe slightly doesn't fit, having ignorance as consequence.

* But most important: letting go of ego and having interest in others.

hug46
#17 Posted : 8/25/2013 4:15:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That there is a strange world full of turney inside outey people and objects that is beyond the ken of my everyday existence. Still not sure whether it is inside my head, outside or a bit of both. Either way i have learned that my cerebral operating system has a wonderful upgrade package hidden somewhere within it"s recesses.

alert
#18 Posted : 8/25/2013 5:28:17 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What have I learned from DMT? I've learned that it is somehow possibly to experience what feels like eternity in less than 10 minutes.

Honestly, DMT has left me with many more questions than any real answers.

Jin
#19 Posted : 8/25/2013 5:44:52 PM

yes

i learnt i am incredibly stupid , yet there is a cure for my stupidity its called DMT and i need to smoalk moar Big grin

yet seriously you guys have stated much of what even i've have learnt from this incredibly awesome molecule ,

overall i guess i learnt i need to have more faith in the intelligence that shapes the galaxies , the intelligence that births stars and supernova , the energy that creates blackholes and guides eternity , its the energy which creates life and maintains it transforms it and trancends all of everything and nothing , that which is and is not and and a little more sometimes peeks through hyperspace into our very lives to show its grandeur ,

i've learnt that there is a way to satisfy my soul and it does have much to do with smoalking DMT

illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth