We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
ehum.....DMT and the Pineal pt#2 Options

Sally
#21 Posted : 11/20/2013 10:02:08 PM

I do not have the vocabulary to articulate this particular musing at the current time...

This looks like it might be an interesting read Infundibulum, thank you for the link. Bookmarked for the morning. I have always found Strassman to be a little prone to confirmation bias and I often wonder why he is pursuing this connection between DMT and the pineal gland. Especially when the focus of his works appear to be elsewhere and not on how the study might benefit the world of psychiatry and mental health like one would typically expect.

Unless I am missing something of course. The day has been long so it is entirely possible...

Much love
Sally xx
ॐ . Amateur Entheogen Botanist. PM me if you need help in finding or identifying plants. For research purposes only . ॐ

ॐ bwrrrr bWWrrr bhrrrr bHWRRR ॐ

. Pure Universal Pulse Vibrations . Saloreo Nebulum .

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

The Neural
#22 Posted : 11/21/2013 6:43:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Sally wrote:
I often wonder why he is pursuing this connection between DMT and the pineal gland. Especially when the focus of his works appear to be elsewhere and not on how the study might benefit the world of psychiatry and mental health like one would typically expect.

Makes two of us.

What you don't understand, you can make mean anything. - Chuck P.

Disclaimer and clarification: This member has been having brief intermittent spells of inattention. It looks as if he is daydreaming in place. During those distracting moments, he automatically generates fictional content, and asks about it in this forum for feedback. He has a lot of questions, and is a pain in the arse.

Orion
#23 Posted : 11/21/2013 8:36:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Because he has a book to sell based on his musings about DMT and a tenuous biological/spiritual link? Or the short version: money?

(Added question marks so as not to sound too absolute Wink ).
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

The Neural
#24 Posted : 11/21/2013 8:56:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Orion wrote:
^ Because he has a book to sell based on his musings about DMT and a tenuous biological/spiritual link. Or the short version: money.

Or he simply really likes dmt.

What you don't understand, you can make mean anything. - Chuck P.

Disclaimer and clarification: This member has been having brief intermittent spells of inattention. It looks as if he is daydreaming in place. During those distracting moments, he automatically generates fictional content, and asks about it in this forum for feedback. He has a lot of questions, and is a pain in the arse.

universecannon
#25 Posted : 11/21/2013 9:14:55 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

He was (is?) a Buddhist for a very long time and has been engrossed by the whole dmt/pineal connection long before he ever even thought of writing a book about it (much less making money from it)...I don't agree with everything he says, not by a long shot, and it might be partially or mostly about money now a days for him (though i doubt it), but nevertheless I don't see any legitimate reason to just boil it down to only money at this point...especially in such a conclusive sounding manner.

He's a psychonaut who seems very interested in the same matters we are, for the most part. He has contributed to spreading awareness of DMT in a major way and helped jump start psychedelic research again after its 30 year hiatus. He might be mostly wrong or overly focused about the whole pineal/dmt thing, but when have any of us been completely right? Its good to point out the flaws in his thinking but to boil his actions all down to a dollar sign seems to be just a baseless assumption.

...although...i've been wrong before Big grin

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Orion
#26 Posted : 11/21/2013 9:25:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Let me just add a question mark to my statement before it becomes a full on debate. I still think it's a reasonable guess (certainly not a baseless assumption at all) based on the points I and others have raised many times about Strassman in this and other threads. If DMT turns out to be produced in the lungs or kidneys, I will take bets as to whether the info will be released by Strassman himself. And I will take the side of anyone who says 'Not a freakin' chance'. Worth a gamble since it's remained (almost deliberately, it seems Razz ) unclear for so long.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Parshvik Chintan
#27 Posted : 11/21/2013 11:20:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon wrote:
but when have any of us been completely right?

well, unlike you mere mortals: all the freakin' time.
Very happy
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

downwardsfromzero
#28 Posted : 11/25/2013 12:38:10 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Orion wrote:
[...] If DMT turns out to be produced in the lungs [...]

That's an interesting thought. It does seem to be remarkably effective when the DMT concentration of the lungs is increased. Also, consciousness appears to falter when the lungs are prevented from fulfilling their normal function Smile

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

cyb
#29 Posted : 11/25/2013 1:07:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

downwardsfromzero wrote:
That's an interesting thought. It does seem to be remarkably effective when the DMT concentration of the lungs is increased. Also, consciousness appears to falter when the lungs are prevented from fulfilling their normal function Smile

Also interesting that it's produced in the 'lungs of the world'... the plants!
And things start to fade if 'they' are prevented from fulfilling their normal function. Surprised
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

downwardsfromzero
#30 Posted : 11/25/2013 11:44:52 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

cyb wrote:
downwardsfromzero wrote:

And things start to fade if 'they' are prevented from fulfilling their normal function. Surprised

I like Thumbs up

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

vardlokkur
#31 Posted : 11/27/2013 3:05:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think one of the major reasons for the speculation of it being the site of synthesis is the location of the pineal towards the center of the brain and the ample blood-flow it receives. Also, the idea that DMT (just an idea, but worth some thought considering the effects of smoked DMT) has a function in dreaming also fuels the speculation since the pineal is the site of melatonin synthesis apparently. Since the pineal receives information from photosensitive ganglia, it could be causing the intense visuals.
The only hell for a warrior is peace.

The warm fuzzy side of the cold hard truth.

downwardsfromzero
#32 Posted : 2/24/2015 8:14:35 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

ok, this is a bit of an old thread to resurrect. And this post isn't really to do with DMT and the pineal. Nevertheless...

cyb wrote:

downwardsfromzero wrote:

And things start to fade if 'they' are prevented from fulfilling their normal function. Surprised:

On re-reading this, it seems somehow crucial.

I am reminded how IME the nub of the properly executed nitrous oxide experience whereby the sense of being 'at one with the source' is immediately succeeded by the choice 'exist/don't exist' which soon boils down to the physical choice 'breathe/don't breathe'. Maybe simple anoxia manifests such subjective mental phenomena; the nitrous oxide merely facilitates its interpretation into a visionary state imbued with a sense of spiritual import.

Scientifically speaking, this needs to be retested using 80/20 Entonox (tm). While scanning the activity of the pineal gland Big grin

PREV12