We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Permaculture Forums and Teachers Options

MagicGing
#1 Posted : 8/18/2013 3:20:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The purpose of this thread is to help anyone interested in Permaculture, and to bring to light various experienced teachers, as well as informational websites and forums.

To start with, id like to name the most experienced, informational, and best teacher of Permaculture and what its all about : Mother Earth

Smile

Next, ill link some very interesting and informed websites and forums about Permaculture

Permaculture News This one could quite possibly be my favorite, very up to date
Permaculture Magazine
Permaculture Principles

Now, ill list some human teachers of permaculture, and some brief info about them. The first two being the creators of permaculture:

Bill Mollison: Bill and the next fellow co created the concept of permaculture. Bill wrote a few books about permaculture that really pushed the whole concept onto its feet. These books are entitled "Permaculture: A Designers Manual" and "Permaculture: A a Practical Guide for a Sustainable Future". Bill has many great youtube videos, i will link at the bottom of Bills description (although there practically a click away after typing his name in on google or youtube). Bill has really been a pioneer, teaching many of the teachers of permaculture today. He knows his stuff, and seems to be a pretty friendly and likeable guy.
Bill Mollison: In Grave Danger of Falling Food Audio is a bit fuzzy
Bill Mollison: Global Gardener 1 In the Tropics
Bill Mollison: Global Gardener 2 Dry Lands
Bill Mollison: Global Gardener 3 Cool Climates

David Holmgren: David is the next fellow mentioned above that co created permaculture. He was also an author, along with Bill, on some of the books mentioned above. Unfortuantly, i do not know nearly as much about david as i do about bill. However, theres plenty of info about him and what he knows on google and youtube, of course Smile i will link a video about monsanto and genetically modified seeds where david gives a nice talk
David Holmgren: Seed Freedom, Permaculture, and the March Against Monsanto

Geoff Lawton: Last, but forsure not least. This guy is the owner of the Permaculture Reasearch Institute of Australia, and has been hired by the Jordanian government to green the desert. And it was a success, in more than one way! This guy is currently very active and popular in the permaculture community, and without a doubt knows his stuff. He has tons of videos packed with useful info on youtubd. I will be linking a few great videos. Check them out!
Greening the Desert! ! ! well worth the time to check it out!
7 Food Forests in 7 Minutes
Geoff Lawtons Ted Talk
Passive Water Harvesting Swales !
Aquaculture
We are the Weeds

I hope this helps and inspires everyone who reads it!
The Earth needs Permaculture, and must have it, or something similiar, or we wont be here for much longer Sad
The new pheonix rises from the ashes of its old burned body as a new being

Big grin
“The swans go on the path of the sun, they go through the ether by means of their miraculous power; the wise are led out of this world, when they have conquered Mara (desire) and his train" Dhammapada

"But is it probable," asked Pascal, "that probability gives assurance? Nothing gives certainty but truth; nothing gives rest but for the sincere search for truth"

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

MagicGing
#2 Posted : 8/19/2013 2:39:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ive recently found an amazingly informative video by geoff lawton on establishing a food forest. It is 1.5 hours long and is worth every second of watching. Its packed full of useful information

It is the best video ive seen by geoff lawton! (Which says alot, as ive seen many of his videos)
Actually, it may be the best video ive ever seen about Permaculture!
Heres the link!

Thumbs up
“The swans go on the path of the sun, they go through the ether by means of their miraculous power; the wise are led out of this world, when they have conquered Mara (desire) and his train" Dhammapada

"But is it probable," asked Pascal, "that probability gives assurance? Nothing gives certainty but truth; nothing gives rest but for the sincere search for truth"

universecannon
#3 Posted : 8/19/2013 2:50:34 AM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

great thread!!! thanks for posting

this sort of info needs to be spread

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

MagicGing
#4 Posted : 8/19/2013 11:54:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks

Big grin

It sure does need to be spread.
My brother is currently woofing at geoffs farm at the permaculture research institute of australia so far for about 6 months, although i dont think hes planning on leaving anytime soon Smile. Im trying to get him onto the nexus to spread a lil info, but he doesnt have much interent time Sad

Im sure he will jump on soon though, he could be a great help