We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Does your changa flame up?? Options

astralspice
#1 Posted : 8/18/2013 2:46:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey folks, It's been awhile since I've been posting on the nexus (it's nice to be back). So anyway, why is it that my changa always ignites into flames when hit with a lighter? It's obviously releasing what IPA is left in the blend, but for some reason I can't prevent this from happening even after letting it dry for weeks....kinda strange, does this happen to anyone else? My method is evaping the IPA+changa in a shotglass in almost boiling water.
REALITY 5.0

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Parshvik Chintan
#2 Posted : 8/18/2013 4:51:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

i use iso for my changa, and it doesn't ignite even mere minutes after drying.

i have no idea what the issue could be.

typically IPA evaporates readily.
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!

#3 Posted : 8/18/2013 5:32:50 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Whats your leaf blend consist of?

arcologist
#4 Posted : 8/18/2013 6:32:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've noticed this with my enhanced leaf - I can't get it to cherry without it bursting into flames (which I quickly extinguish with the lighter). It certainly makes smoking tricky. I doubt there would be any IPA left after that long to ignite, I use acetone and am 100% sure it's dry, but get the same behavior.

My guess is that the DMT itself is burning (i.e. oxidizing). I've noticed that freebase has a tendency to catch fire too.

astralspice
#5 Posted : 8/18/2013 1:37:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I made electric sheep, calea and blue water lilly but I get the same effect with other herbs as well. I do wait till the flame goes out before I inhale anything but It's not very effective this way. (It's actually enchanted leaf but changa works for me)
REALITY 5.0

#6 Posted : 8/18/2013 4:10:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

astralspice wrote:
I made electric sheep, calea and blue water lilly but I get the same effect with other herbs as well. I do wait till the flame goes out before I inhale anything but It's not very effective this way. (It's actually enchanted leaf but changa works for me)

Reason I asked is because i've had mine sparkle then flame up before. I figured it was the caapi leaf in my blend because at times i would smoke ground caapi leaf in a joint and it would do the exact same thing as in my changa blend. Heck, even mj used to do that on rare occasions to me. Smile

Soo, it could potentially be one of those herbs that's doing it. I highly doubt it's any residual ipa/acetone/etc.

much love,
tat

Whatisreal
#7 Posted : 8/18/2013 8:20:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

astralspice wrote:

Enchanted leaf Cool I like that Thumbs up

astralspice
#8 Posted : 9/10/2013 5:32:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Figure Id answer my question.....Turns out it was the oil/resin that was making the flames. I usually end up with reasonably pure white xtals but I took some of that brown/orange resin ya get after a heat bath, and lit it off of the end of a skewer and it torched! Was also very potent......so I enhanced some salvia leaves with the rest of it Cool Only sad part is thinking of how much of that goo I have tossed out thinking it was of no use.
REALITY 5.0

tseuq
#9 Posted : 7/12/2016 1:01:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So, like I wrote before, I finished my first changa batch, did 3 testruns and I really love it! Easy and smooth to smoke and full of power but like astralspices spice, my changa is lighting up as soon as it is touched by a flame. I have not many previous changa-encounters and I never saw this happen somewhere else, so I am a little bit confused. In the beginning I thought that it has to be a residue of the IPA (99.97%) but even after almost 4 days of drying it is still catching fire.

The DMT I used looked fairly pure but maybe there were still some impurites left which catch fire easily. The other components are: passion flower, blue lotus, chaliponga, pau d'arco, mullein and harmala freebase.

Did you also experience this effect, that your changa is catching fire?
Do you think I should let dry the changa for some more days? (it feels already dry)
How long do you let your changa dry?

Love, tseuq
Everything's sooo peyote-ful..

NotTwo
#10 Posted : 7/12/2016 3:52:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think the trick is not to let the changa get too dry though you need to evaporate off all the solvent first obviously. I've just put mine in an open glass bowl which I then put inside a sealed plastic box with just a bit of water at the bottom. No direct contact between the changa and the water but the humidity will be close on 100% inside the box.

When I smoke it, it doesn't flare up and it also seems to give the leaf a milder taste.

Did I read on here somewhere that someone was recommending keeping it wet for quite a while to get a really smooth flavor?

In all of reality there are not two. There is just the one thing. And I am that.