We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Whats in a name? Options

Big Inhale
#1 Posted : 5/22/2009 12:51:45 AM

The Enlightend One

I see a lot of crazy names here Iwas just wondering what your name means. Obviously some are self explanetory but some i just cant figure out.(Infundibulum,jorkest) Mine is obvious. I like to smoke big.So what is up with yours.
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 5/22/2009 1:13:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

to tell you the truth..Jorkest just popped out of my head when i was signing up..must have come from hyperspacePleased
it's a sound

soulfood
#3 Posted : 5/22/2009 1:20:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

soulfood - Nourishment not intended for physical growth or energy (music, spice... anything that makes you fly).

kemist
#4 Posted : 5/22/2009 2:08:28 AM

John

kemist = kitchen chemistSmile
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

BoKuDen
#5 Posted : 5/22/2009 2:45:13 AM

-

Excerpt from Wikipedia;

Tsukahara Bokuden (呚原 卜伝 1489 - 1571) was a famous swordsman of the early Sengoku period. He was widely regarded as a kensei (sword saint). He was the founder of a new Kashima style of fencing, and served as an instructor of Shogun Yoshiteru Ashikaga and Ise provincial governor Tomonori Kitabatake. [1]

In one anecdote, Bokuden was challenged by a mannerless ruffian. When asked about his style, Bokuden replied that he studied the "Style of No Sword." The ruffian laughed and insultingly challenged Bokuden to fight him without a sword. Bokuden then agreed to fight the man without his sword but suggested they row out to a nearby island on Lake Biwa to avoid disturbing others. The ruffian agreed, but when he jumped from the boat to the shore of the island, drawing his blade, Bokuden pushed the boat back out, leaving the ruffian stranded on the island. Bokuden explained, "This is my no-sword school." There is a reference to this legend in the film Enter the Dragon.
Enjoy!

Wikipedia Tsukahara Bokuden
"The more one is able to articulate what it is, the less others are able to understand."
I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars.
Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.
Our Great War's a spiritual war. Our Great Depression is our lives.

β—‹
#6 Posted : 5/22/2009 2:46:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

This name just sort of popped into my head upon signing up.

DMTtripn2Space:

DMT trippin to space
DMT trip into space

Thats 2 ways i guess you could take my name for Smile

wake and bacon
#7 Posted : 5/22/2009 5:19:11 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I like pig fat.
DeadLizard wrote:
Darkbb wrote:
BTW wheres the "Donate" button traveler?

There are 2 ways to donate
one is called "Post Reply" and the other is called "New Topic"
You will find these buttons at the top and bottom of most pages

wake and bacon
#8 Posted : 5/22/2009 5:19:25 AM
DMT-Nexus member

...especially in the morning Razz
DeadLizard wrote:
Darkbb wrote:
BTW wheres the "Donate" button traveler?

There are 2 ways to donate
one is called "Post Reply" and the other is called "New Topic"
You will find these buttons at the top and bottom of most pages

obliguhl
#9 Posted : 5/22/2009 9:39:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
to tell you the truth..Jorkest just popped out of my head when i was signing up..must have come from hyperspacePleased

Same explanation here...

smokeydaze
#10 Posted : 5/22/2009 9:47:24 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

.. Very happy
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

Infundibulum
#11 Posted : 5/22/2009 9:48:12 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Big Inhale wrote:
I see a lot of crazy names here Iwas just wondering what your name means. Obviously some are self explanetory but some i just cant figure out.(Infundibulum,jorkest) Mine is obvious. I like to smoke big.So what is up with yours.

lol. "infundibulum" is latin for "funnel". The idea came from the anatomical part in the female reproductive tract of higher animals that is called infundibulum. It is the part of the oviduct where oocytes are ovulated and also fertilised. Sort of like "the place where life begins".

The initial choice was far shallower however; I had to use the term infundibulum quite often at work when I created the account. It is a helluva difficult word to memorise and making it a nickname helped a lot!

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Aegle
#12 Posted : 5/22/2009 10:26:33 AM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Aegle a nymph, one of the daughters of Asclepius the daughter of the Sun. She is said to have derived her name Aegle from the word "Brightness". Her name means radiance and is today used in art to refer to the brightness of color or light.

I thought it was very fitting as my parents called me sunshine girl when i was young and they still call me sunshine or my sunshine as a nickname.

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

smokeydaze
#13 Posted : 5/22/2009 10:27:57 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

ooohh - I think Aegle has a new name.. or should I say - sunshine! Very happy
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

Aegle
#14 Posted : 5/22/2009 10:34:14 AM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Smokeydaze thats so sweet Embarrased

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Zero_Hour
#15 Posted : 5/22/2009 3:07:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

My user name...see I consider myself a poet and in one of my poems I refered to myself as "zero hour"...living here and now...no past no future...the moment when everything that matters is happening. Everything and Nothing. Living always ready for the moment like its the last one left....

if any of that makes any sense
"You've got to be genuine...thats the name of this game. If you're real you've got nothing to worry about...but if you're synthetic, startin' tomorrow your balls come off"
--W.S. Burroughs

Aegle
#16 Posted : 5/22/2009 3:31:26 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Infundibulum wrote:
Big Inhale wrote:

lol. "infundibulum" is latin for "funnel". The idea came from the anatomical part in the female reproductive tract of higher animals that is called infundibulum. It is the part of the oviduct where oocytes are ovulated and also fertilised. Sort of like "the place where life begins".

Fascinating....... Very happy

Much Peace

Aegle
#17 Posted : 5/22/2009 3:33:07 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Zero_Hour wrote:
My user name...see I consider myself a poet and in one of my poems I refered to myself as "zero hour"...living here and now...no past no future...the moment when everything that matters is happening. Everything and Nothing. Living always ready for the moment like its the last one left....

if any of that makes any sense

Truly a beautiful meaning behind a user name.

Much Peace

burnt
#18 Posted : 5/22/2009 4:10:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

I smoke too much.

Aegle
#19 Posted : 5/22/2009 5:40:09 PM

Cloud Whisperer

burnt wrote:
I smoke too much.

Very happy smoke what too much?

Much Peace

burnt
#20 Posted : 5/22/2009 7:03:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Ganja. But actually this is the same name SWIM used about a decade ago (wow its been that long already) when SWIM used to go on the shroomery after smoking weed with his friends in highschool and would always be a bit "burnt" out.

123NEXT