We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Is this DMT (pictures+Mecke+Marquis reagent tests) Options

shyguy
#1 Posted : 5/21/2009 4:19:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This guy came over who knows I have a test kit. He suspected the material to be DMT, but is unsure.

So, being the nice guy I am, I decided to run some Mecke and Marquis over it.

Left: Mecke Reagent (Yellow to olive to rusty)
Right: Marquis Reagent (Yellow to greenish puke color)

The last image was taken about 5 minutes after the test began. I had walked off to upload pics and noticed it changed colors when I had came back.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 5/21/2009 4:59:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

that 'dmt' looks like its got a little contamination in it..
it's a sound

shyguy
#3 Posted : 5/21/2009 5:09:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Please elaborate.

I provided reagent testing pictures, the least you could do is comment on those.

pyx
#4 Posted : 5/21/2009 5:15:04 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest
#5 Posted : 5/21/2009 5:19:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

shyguy wrote:
Please elaborate.

I provided reagent testing pictures, the least you could do is comment on those.

i dont know shit about reagent testing! so i didnt comment on them..but if thats dmt..it looks like its got lye contamination...

the best way to find out if its dmt is to smoke the stuff..go ahead..try it..
it's a sound

tolu
#6 Posted : 5/21/2009 8:40:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I strongly advise NOT smoking it and waiting for the knowledgeable chemistry folk (burnt, 69ron etc) to pop in and post.

Jorkest, how/why would you guess that there's lye contamination in there from those pictures? :S

Jorkest
#7 Posted : 5/21/2009 8:53:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

look at the middle picture..with the stuff inside the gel caps...those dark chunks looks like lye contamination..SWIM hasn never seen dmt look like that that wasnt contaminated
it's a sound

acolon_5
#8 Posted : 5/21/2009 9:19:11 PM

The Great Namah

Wow, even if that was DMT I wouldn't smoke it.

Never seen such ugly discolored crystals. No offence to you or your friend. There is really no telling what is in there (besides possibly dmt).
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

shyguy
#9 Posted : 5/21/2009 9:25:02 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Damn, that guy who's on the couch really wanted to smoke it Embarrased

He mumbled that he wouldn't, he got it for free so it's not much of a loss but now he's sad that he may have to explain to his friends "oh the internet people told me not to smoke it". He doesn't have much of an interest in smoking it if you guys wouldn't though and I applaud him for that.

hedcase
#10 Posted : 5/21/2009 9:25:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, if that is DMT, it's the dirtiest DMT I've seen.I would advise against smoking it.
On my back and tumbling
Down that hole and back again
Rising up
And wiping the webs and the dew from my withered eye.

pyx
#11 Posted : 5/21/2009 9:25:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

pyx
#12 Posted : 5/21/2009 9:27:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

bufoman
#13 Posted : 5/21/2009 9:34:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Do you have access to TLC?
Trouts notes gives the Rf values for a variety of mobil phases.
SWIM will gladly look them up for you if SWIY has acess to them...

But that stuff def looks strange. Never seen it like that... It look more like a dirty batch of 5-MeO-DMT to SWIM... but it is hard to say diff crystallization's and diff solvents (techs, synthesis) will give very diff looking products... so it could be.

COLOR TESTS
Trout's Notes says :
Marquis: Orange on pure compound Green-yellow to brown on Silica Gel...

The pic of the sample on the right looks a little orange to SWIM but color tests are difficult to interprete without reference samples there is much room for variation... Best bet would be TLC or melting point? Do SWIY have access to these equipments....

Also if SWIY has access to hexane or naptha. Try a recrystalization. If SWIY gets nice white crystals then it prob is DMT just somewhat impure and degraded....

SWIM commends you for helping your friend out and your friend not just bio-assaying anything that comes by...

Jorkest
#14 Posted : 5/21/2009 9:39:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

try burning a little tiny bit of it and see what it smells like
it's a sound

shyguy
#15 Posted : 5/21/2009 11:30:56 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest - What should it smell like? Burning plastic? I've read that's what this compound should taste like, so I just assume it may smell like that.

bufoman - What is TLC? I have regents to assist my friends in testing their "ecstasy" pills, that's why this particular friend called me because he figured authentic DMT would react to reagents.

My friend has never tried DMT, in any form, and he is genuinely sad but can wait until life affords him a better opportunity or a chance to extract some. I am happy at his decision, because at his age (25) he has become very responsible and I've been a LIFE LONG friend to this guy (you could say.. since birth) and in his younger years he would've smoked it without asking.

My friend, and myself of course, wish to thank everyone for assisting in this thread.

bufoman
#16 Posted : 5/22/2009 4:12:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TLC is thin layer chromatography. I thought since you had those reagents you may have access to a chem lab, I guess I assumed wrong.
I think it is going to be difficult for you to tell with out a reference sample. If you had TLC it would be an easy and quick way to test the contents of a sample and determine what is in it. You should check it out it may be of interest for you to test the E pills. You take a small amount of your sample and dissolve it in solvent then you spot a dot on the plate (silica gel). You then put the plate standing up in a solvent (mobil phase) and let it move up through the spot carrying the constituents as it moves. Different compounds have different affinities for the diff phases and thus separate out at diff points. You can find rF values (the distance traveled / the how far the solvent traveled) online for a variety of substances and solvent systems.

Look online places sell the plates you could get all the equipment for a small investment and it may prove valuable to your tests as you could see what else is present in the pills.

Sad to say in my younger years I would have smoked it as well. The nature of prohibition is not knowing what you are taking or how much. I have lost several friends to this disastrous policy.

Also it should smell like burning plastic. Also the raw alkaloid should taste bitter and numb your tongue if you taste a small amount similar to cocaine.

Mrs. Gerry
#17 Posted : 5/22/2009 4:13:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM wouldn't use this..
the goo and the crystals don't usually form together, it is too impure.
wash it, clean it.
Are the capsules filled with fumerate or freebase?
Everything you see here has been regurgitated from watching television.
Nothing is of absolute truth.

bufoman
#18 Posted : 5/22/2009 4:16:11 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I dn't think he knows anything about it.

It is possible that some crude crystals form out of the wax. Although this stuff def looks fishy.

shyguy
#19 Posted : 5/22/2009 4:36:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

You're right, I don't know anything about it.

The person who gave it to my friend said "you know that guy that hangs out with Joe (name changed), that really skechy white dude with dreds? He made this."

That's the extent of what I know. I have a younger friend still in the "try anything" phase and I may introduce him to my friend with this shitty DMT (?) and let him try it. He's been informed of the risks and still wants to give it a shot. As it is, my friend with the DMT won't be trying any because his wife said he couldn't because the Internet guys said it didn't look good. Haha. What a trip that girl is but he loves her.

bufoman
#20 Posted : 5/22/2009 4:47:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well if he has been informed. Try the taste test if in numbs it is likely DMT... if not no one should try it.... Make sure your friends does smoke it correctly. Taking care not to burn it and holding his hits in for 15 seconds. Many people smoke it incorrectly and do not get effects.

12NEXT