We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
n00b Options

smokeydaze
#1 Posted : 5/21/2009 6:56:24 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Newton's first law is also called the law of inertia. In a simplified form, it states that if the vector sum of all forces (also known as the net force) acting on an object is zero, then the state of motion of the object does not change. In particular: Newton's first law: An object at rest remains at rest and an object in motion will remain in motion unless acted on by an unbalanced force.

* An object that is not moving will not move until a net force acts upon it.
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Jorkest
#2 Posted : 5/21/2009 6:58:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

hahaha
it's a sound

smokeydaze
#3 Posted : 5/21/2009 8:20:46 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

I heard plutonium and asbestos work wonders, though I'm not sure. You could always search the forum.

Kannamate
#4 Posted : 5/21/2009 9:14:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

smokeydaze wrote:
I heard plutonium and asbestos work wonders, though I'm not sure. You could always search the forum.

The perfect 3 step extraction!Laughing

Xstacy
#5 Posted : 5/25/2009 5:28:51 AM
DMT-Nexus member

polyeffervescent wrote:
and also are other types of lye acceptable since red devil no longer exists?

SWIm saw lye in walmart in the home improvement section near plumbing. SWIM has not tried these.

the lye guy on the internets for lye if you really cant find any local.

SWim knows nothing about marsfolds's method. STB easier, per him.
All illegal narcotics are medicinal. Boredom is a disease worse than cancer. Drugs cure it, with little or no side effects if used as directed - Doug Stanhope.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson

RocketScientist
#6 Posted : 6/2/2009 1:13:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Any lye works pretty much, since all the lye serves to do is basify the solution. Failure caused by impurities in the lye is unheard of, at least to SWIM. SWIM has tried 2 different types of lye (neither of which were read devil, from eBay and B&Q) without any problems.

obliguhl
#7 Posted : 6/2/2009 1:16:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why do you want to extract DMT? I'll answer your questions afterwards...

benzyme
#8 Posted : 6/2/2009 1:54:20 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

oh boy...n00b hazing Cool
*breaks out the popcorn*

nice thread, no flaming or anything. just good ol' n00b testing

because at the end of the day, .....

...it gets dark.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

trancepants
#9 Posted : 6/5/2009 10:27:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Like, so dark you can't see your hand in front of your face, even though you think you can.
I can create anything with my mind. Including fiction, which this is.

soulfood
#10 Posted : 6/5/2009 10:45:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Personally I'd basify with soap and pick the crystals out using a magnifying glass and tweezers. All OTC, fairly safe and no solvents required. Definately no need to go anywhere near lye because it will jump out of the vessel and have sex with your ear if anyone's playing James Brown in a 1/4 mile radius.

But that's just me.

Sorry, basically I have no good info to share on the matter as I get my lye from the local store. I do think it's quite essential for an A/B though, as the only time I tried to use a weaker substitute I ended up with far too much liquid.

obliguhl
#11 Posted : 6/5/2009 12:54:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

No need to make fun of him. I'm just a little worried about his intentions. But let's be fair.

Infundibulum
#12 Posted : 6/5/2009 1:23:04 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

I had a similar attitude towards a new member in on eof my posts few months ago and I totally regret it. It really leads to nowhere and I do not like seeing it again here.

The intentions of the person wanting to extract spice are not so relevant to me. What is of great relevance is that he can do it safely (it is a danger and a bad name to the community if he ends up harming himself or others) no matter what.

So, re to the questions, the best is to use the search function in order to find answers. Or even better, go the the Nexus Wiki that details most of the well-tested procedures nicely.

Now, re to the new member's questions, lye is not necessary if going Marsofold. You can use sodium carbonate, aka washing soda (NOT sodium bicarbonate aka baking soda). Any good amount will basify your solution nicely, let's say 50g sodium carbonate per 100g of MHRB is a no-miss.

Also, pressure cooker is fine to use, just as any pot is fine to use.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

smokeydaze
#13 Posted : 6/5/2009 1:27:33 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Infundibulum with the three pointer from down-town!

obliguhl
#14 Posted : 6/5/2009 1:55:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
The intentions of the person wanting to extract spice are not so relevant to me. What is of great relevance is that he can do it safely (it is a danger and a bad name to the community if he ends up harming himself or others) no matter what.

I think that both is relevant. If a person is not able to find enough energy/motivation to answer the most basic questions, I have to doubt his respect for the whole thing and it's better to try to help this person develop a feel for this thing instead of assisting him making a possible mistake.