We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Natural Spice Options

Phlux-
#1 Posted : 5/17/2009 12:07:43 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

Lots of ppl requested that i post what i did to get the citrus spice aegle and myself had spoken about, i really dont know how it is any different to what is posted here allready - i kinda just followed the instructions posted by 69Ron then freebased it.

Here is what swim did - btw swim is still on pull 5 - pull 4 yeilded about 220mg of acetate so lots more in there still.

Swim started with 100g MHRB

Chopped it up with scissors

ground it up

added 100g calcium hydroxide - perhaps overkill but im sure its fine

added just enough water to moist it but not make it watery then let it sit for about 10 mins
added about 300ml d-limonene and put it all in a big consol jar - shook it up like mad and let it sit a few times
then filtered it by squeezing it thru a piece of cotton cloth

swim noticed that there was some water in the first squeeze - it was separated from the dlimonene and put aside - swim thinks this tek works better when drier.

about 25ml of vinegar was then added to the d-limonene and shaken like crazy
the vinegar and d-limonene were separated and this process was repeated 2 times - all the vinegar added together and evaporated to yeild a mixed mimosa alkaloid acetate goo

the d-limonene was then put back on the bark and lime mix and pull 2 done while swim continued to convert the acetates to freebase form - to do this swim mixed the goo with 2 parts sodium carbonate and enough water to make it moist

this was then dried to a powder, ground and 3 d-limonene pulls were done on it

the d-limonene was evaporated to yeild

freebase lemon spice - the taste is not bad and the fx are very different to normal spice - its smoother and not as shocking and feels more complete - you can feel the jungle alot. to dose swim decided weighing it was just going to be messy and a good eyeballing was needed so swim put some on a pin and tried 1 drop from a pin - very active - very nice.

swim thinks there is still d-limonene in the spice and wants it to evap for longer before he tries smoking any more - swim is also hoping that it will xtalize somewhat over time.

The total yeild will be calculated after the bark has finished yielding - but second pull was just as big if not bigger than pull 1 and pull 1 was quite reasonable anyway - swim thinks this tek will yeild well over 1.2%

second pull was added to the first then d-limonene was used to see if any kind of separation occured between jungle and spice third pull is in the same picture - see the swims citrus spice color swatches thread.

pull 4 has been added and all mixed up - pull 5 is on its way and the vinegar came off the d-limonene yellow orange so it looks like it still has a lot in there.

after pull 3 swim changed to using this

It is far easier and superior mixing it by hand. The bark and lime is packed in there so hard one would imagine no d-limonene could penetrate it but it pours through in minutes.

sorry for excessive pics Smile

antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

smokeydaze
#2 Posted : 5/17/2009 12:47:11 PM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Good stuff ol' chap!
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

balaganist
#3 Posted : 5/17/2009 2:15:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM now has a pyrex casserole lid covered in the honey spice - looks like its as dry as its gonna get. He's looking forward to trying it out very soon!! Will be his first ever pure experience Smile
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

Phlux-
#4 Posted : 5/19/2009 8:34:04 AM

The Root

okay so swim decided his is as dry as its gonna get too - have a look

swim is sticking it in a box of dessicant and will scrape it up to store later.
antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

Phlux-
#5 Posted : 5/19/2009 4:14:40 PM

The Root

The dessicant seemed to have helped, its dried now even more - it is no longer able to drip from the blade to the plate and needs to actually be scraped up, the dlimonene smell is still there but not as noticable anymore. swim told me he put it in the freezer - ready for appropriate disposal where legal. Smile
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Jorkest
#6 Posted : 5/19/2009 4:18:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

what are you using as a dessicant? and how exactly are you using it?
it's a sound

Phlux-
#7 Posted : 5/19/2009 4:22:13 PM

The Root

just a dessicant tub(silica jel - for kitties) as for drying edible fungus - with the spice layed out flat on a dish
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Jorkest
#8 Posted : 5/19/2009 4:31:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

ahh i see
it's a sound

Infundibulum
#9 Posted : 5/19/2009 4:43:30 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

That is beautiful. Before the (new) Nexus, people were considering the end-product goo (or "earwax" ) as a failure and something that needs to be somehow corrected or refined. It is nice to see this is changing as people now appreciate the goo for being a beautiful totally smokeable and powerful mix of alkaloids from MHRB. Plus, SWIM's friend dislikes recrystallisation for getting ultra-white spice and he finds it pointless.

Hooray for the GOO!!!!!Very happy

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Phlux-
#10 Posted : 5/19/2009 4:48:08 PM

The Root

swim is and isnt happy with the goo - smoking it is lovely but its not nice to store and handle - slowly but surely its getting more solid.
the weight of the spice in the pic is now 460mg - lots more pulls to do.
antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

SWIMfriend
#11 Posted : 5/19/2009 5:05:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The pics were great! It's so useful to see what the heck is going on. Thanks for making the effort to share all this, Phlux.

Espiridion
#12 Posted : 7/6/2009 3:29:45 PM

--who.??..ME??--

I think I saw a much earlier post somewhere about adding some cellulose to thicken and make manageable. Perhaps even some arrowroot. It is a sauce thickener for cooking. It can be found in the 'spice' section of your local grocer. I live in the US but I would think it could be found anywhere. It is supposed to thicken while not affecting taste.

Shot in the dark.

Anyway,

J
Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens. Carl Jung

endlessness
#13 Posted : 7/6/2009 3:54:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

beautiful, phlux!

thanks a lot, this is a great contribution!

SWIM is just waiting for the right situation to make his first natural extraction, and these pics help him answering some questions he had about the process.

Smile

(edit: just noticed this was an older thread which I've missed when I was traveling... great stuff nonetheless Smile )