We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Salvia tincture...evaporation? Options

imPsimon
#1 Posted : 5/16/2009 6:58:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi!

My cat got some salvia tincture lying around collecting dust (says something about cats dont like burned mouths).
It wonders if one can evaporate the alcohol and maybe smoke the leftovers?

=)

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

jamie
#2 Posted : 5/16/2009 7:30:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

yu can evap it onto some smoke mix, but it would be best to know the ratio then..
Long live the unwoke.

WSaged
#3 Posted : 8/5/2009 7:26:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So imPsimon, did you ever get around to trying this?

It can be done, but depending on the kind of tincture it is, you may need to drop it onto some kind of herb to smoke it with.
It's kind of like, the greener it is, the more of a sticky green goo it will end up as.
For instance, the "Sage Goddess" stuff is a mess!
If your wanting to get Salvinorin A crystals, you'll need to find a clear one, or at least close.

And start small!!
It takes a lot more Salvinorin-A to get sublingual effects than it does smoking it. A LOT MORE!!
So don't smoke too much too quickly.

So the main reason I'm posting is because there is a vendor that sells a very pure, 95%+ Salvinorin in 96% grain alcohol tincture that works perfectly for what your thinking about in the above post.
I have tried it & it burns waaaaaay too much for me to ever try again!!
Or to take enough to get any effects.
I don't know how you could ever relax enough to get into the deeper oral Salvia effects, with the inner lining of your mouth burning off anyway!!Wink

But, I did drop some onto a glass plate & let the alcohol evaporate, which left behind a light, white, crystalline powder.
And after putting a small, small amount into a glass oil burner ("meth" pipe), I confirmed that it was indeed pure Salvinorin A.
That was the last time I Farked around with vaporizing that wicked chemical!!! Way too much & way too unnatural feeling for me!!!
Using a quid or a good tincture can take you to a wonderful, gorgeous, flowing garden of Eden like place with these beautiful, fulfilling experiences.
Although they both have there issues too, tincture burns...effective quids are huge & a sloppy-leafy-liquidy-mess!

However in my experiences & from what I seen in other people...when you smoke it, you can have a few nice experiences, usually the first couple are pretty nice...but eventually...she turns on you. And burns you back!

So if you are interested in evaporating tincture & testing out some pure Salvinorin A, here is a link to a thread in the Suppliers Forum about a vendor that has a pure tincture to do this with. They also have the best "good" tincture...or "Elixir"...that I've ever tried!!
Unfortunately, they don't ship Salvia to the USA anymore. Or they didn't a while back anyway, they may have changed.
But if they still ship to where you are they have some great Salvia products!

Cheers
WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nathanial.Dread
#4 Posted : 6/1/2015 11:47:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Found this while doing some searching.

I have a bunch of plain leaf, and some Sage Goddess Emerald Essence Tincture, which, like most people have said, is absolutely impossible to use.

The booklet that came with the tincture had some rough dosages, so travelers could measure out how much tincture they needed to reach a certain depth (1-2 drops = mild experience, 3-5 = mid-level experience, etc). I think the plan is to take some quantity of plain leaf, and drop the desired amount of tincture onto it, based on the dosages given in the pamphlet, and see if the small quantity of leaf matter is sufficiently active once it's all dried off.

The EtOH should vape away, leaving just the appropriate amount of goodies in the appropriate form, at least, according to my logic.

I'll report back with results.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

rOm
#5 Posted : 6/10/2015 10:17:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I did start to use tincture to vape them. Started at a third of dropper onto vaping bed or here glass chamber.
Then I gradually through consequent days up the dose to my knowing of cencentration and effect.
It's true by vaping or smoking a dried salvia extract, the chance is it will be less forgiving than the buccal administration.
Now let us know how that goes !
Am loving my daily salvia microdoses.
Smell like tea n,n spirit !

Toke the toke, and walk the walk !