We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
dmt extraction, reed canary grass???? Options

johnwayne
#1 Posted : 5/15/2009 11:06:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

is that reed canary grass? and if so can i use it now or do i have to wait for the wheat looking things

thanks

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Ginkgo
#2 Posted : 5/16/2009 12:34:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't see a picture?

hedcase
#3 Posted : 5/16/2009 6:35:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

MHRB is waaaay better..well worth the money spent!
On my back and tumbling
Down that hole and back again
Rising up
And wiping the webs and the dew from my withered eye.

Jorkest
#4 Posted : 5/16/2009 6:49:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

SWIM has a patch of phalaris arun. growing outside..it has survived a cold winter..and hes going to allow the patch to seed and spread itself...now if only he could get a good batch of phalaris brachystachy seeds...

best way to start phalaris is to start a nice sized tray inside in the early spring..and then when it gets warm enough..just take the tray off the dirt/roots and place it on a clear patch of dirt..the roots will grow down and start living off the land
it's a sound

Entropymancer
#5 Posted : 5/16/2009 7:09:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumModerator | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumChemical expert | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorumSenior Member | Skills: Information Location, Salvia divinorum

First: What makes you think there's enough DMT in there to use? Some chemotypes of reed canary grass have usable amounts, others have virtually none.

Second: What makes you believe that it doesn't contain gramine (a toxic alkaloid that frequently occurs in the grass and would most likely be extracted along with the DMT)? Do you have the means to determine whether there is gramine in your final product (like TLC)? Or the means to seperate out the gramine if it is there (like column chromatography)?

There's a reason it's not a popular DMT source.

Phlux-
#6 Posted : 5/16/2009 10:11:09 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

if one were to take a batch of dried philaris - go stb then pull with xylene and fasa out - would the gramine also be converted to a fumarate ? then when freebasing it, if the gramine is there with the rest - would it be converted back to freebase ?
How about something along the lines of a rue extraction - apparently by using salt a lot of the toxins from the rue is removed ? could this technique possibly be incorporated somewhere, or a simmilar tek, to remove the gramine ?
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Bancopuma
#7 Posted : 5/16/2009 2:20:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From my reading around, it seems that Phalaris brachystachys is the key species here, a nice clean alkaloid profile, and mostly pure DMT, and apparently, lots of it. I've got seeds and will be sowing them in a few weeks. Then one can extract the juice with a wheatgrass juicer...

P. aquatca may also be a promising species, but alkaloid profiles may vary a lot between species...may be worth getting hold of an already assayed clone.

It still seems to me that Mimosa is by far the best spice source, although growing one's own sustainable, fast growing, and very subtle, regenerating DMT source does have its attractions...

johnwayne
#8 Posted : 5/16/2009 5:23:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

i'm pretty sure it is reed canary grass, so i was just gonna collect like 2kilos soak with lye on a mixing plate for 24hrs, then add lighter fluid,mix and let settle, then pour lighter fluid into glass cooking tray and let dry, then scrap my dmt off a glass plate........good or bad idea?

johnwayne
#9 Posted : 5/16/2009 5:31:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Entropymancer wrote:
First: What makes you think there's enough DMT in there to use? Some chemotypes of reed canary grass have usable amounts, others have virtually none.

Second: What makes you believe that it doesn't contain gramine (a toxic alkaloid that frequently occurs in the grass and would most likely be extracted along with the DMT)? Do you have the means to determine whether there is gramine in your final product (like TLC)? Or the means to seperate out the gramine if it is there (like column chromatography)?

There's a reason it's not a popular DMT source.

from what i understand reed canary grass has dmt, and whats is it? 05-mdmt, or something....i am not sure its doesnt have gramine in it, i have been reading about the negative effects of that toxin, if there is a suggestion to eleminate gramine, if it is present, that would be a step i would love to take....also i plan to defat this several times, since what i've read says with leaves you have too, but with the bark you do not.

Jorkest
#10 Posted : 5/16/2009 6:44:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

you could just do a FASA step to clean out the oils
it's a sound

johnwayne
#11 Posted : 5/16/2009 7:12:21 PM
DMT-Nexus member

if i understand the fasa thats to take it from freebase form to crystal for injestion.........

Jorkest
#12 Posted : 5/16/2009 7:31:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

dmt fumarate is not necessarily for injection..its a very stable crystalline powder that has great storage life...and is also very edible..and also the FASA removes the dmt from the solution..leaving the oils and fats behind..

and you can have freebase crystals as well...but what FASA does is take freebase and converts it into a fumaric salt..which then precipitates out of the solution..
it's a sound

jamie
#13 Posted : 5/16/2009 7:52:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

My elf says he has smoked impure phalaris arundinacea crystals before without toxic effects..but not to the effect of pure spice. Its not the same AT ALL. There is DMT, 5meo, bufo, gramine, hordenine, some beta carbolines and other weird alkaloids. It can be pleasant and there is the pineal buzzing and euphoria of DMT, but I never ever had complicated visual patterns or felt that a breakthrough could be possible. I think all the other alkaloids make it take a diff turn. Someone over at entheogen forums told me he really likes to quid it and compared to virola, a light 5meo euphoria..my elf has never tried virola though.

This plant def could used widely one day, but advanced seperation teks would be necessary for pure spice. My elf is going to attempt some quidding experiments this summer in the woods around his home,to compare it to chaliponga quids.. as the stuff literally grows like an invasive weed around here.

I also thought gramine was NOT active when smoked at the temps used to smoke spice??
Long live the unwoke.