We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Limonene disposal / reuse? Options

balaganist
#1 Posted : 5/15/2009 1:03:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend has been wondering, all the people that he heard about on here that are using d-Limonene .. how are they disposing of used limonene? He also asked if its possible to reuse it in some way.. he assumes it would be need to be distilled tho and he is just an amature kitchen chemist so thinks that is prob not an option.

Although it is diodegradeable, it is also apparently toxic in its pure form and degrades quite slowly so he does not want to just pour it down the sink..
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

970Codfert
#2 Posted : 5/15/2009 9:22:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been pouring mine down the sink, though it did occur to me that it might not be a good idea. I'm curious too.
All posts are fictional.

deedle-doo
#3 Posted : 5/15/2009 9:43:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You could keep it in loosely capped jars next to a litter box or in a garage as an air freshener. I wonder how much limonene is released into municipal water systems by all the orange peels going into sink garbage disposal grinder thingies.

redeyesmj
#4 Posted : 5/16/2009 3:42:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Swim works as a machinist an his clothes get very dirty, so he uses the used up limonene in the pre cycle in the washing machine. his clothes come out very clean and degreased and they smell great.

balaganist
#5 Posted : 5/16/2009 4:52:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

redeyesmj wrote:
Swim works as a machinist an his clothes get very dirty, so he uses the used up limonene in the pre cycle in the washing machine. his clothes come out very clean and degreased and they smell great.

nice tip, thx Cool
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

WSaged
#6 Posted : 5/16/2009 5:51:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

D-Limoniene is sold in most cases as an (industrial strength) cleaner & there are instructions right on the bottle of High Purity D-Limoniene that I have here, for diluting it with water for household cleaning chores.

So I have been pouring it down the sink drain too, but I usually dilute the hell out of it with hot water before doing so.
I'll add somewhere around 3000 parts water to 1 part D-Limo, to where I don't even smell the orange-ish scent anymore.
No issues yet, although I imagine these kind of problems do not show their faces right away...

BTW, my sink is always nice & clean when I'm finished too.Very happy

Here is a link to the greenterpene.com "Applications" page, where they list dilution ratios for different uses, just to give you an idea.

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!