We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
DMT is like... Options

DeDao
#1 Posted : 8/15/2013 8:24:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Let's do something fun; Let's try to describe what various psychedelics are like using similes and metaphors.

You can be describing one specific trip, what you feel like the spirit of the plant/chemical may be like or anything in between.

I think this is will be a fun little game that will get some laughs and invoke some thought at the same time.

You may do ANY psychedelic you like. Just don't do things that are not psychedelics.

I'll start off:

DMT is like a million headed beast, each with it's own perspective and story to tell and things to show you.

Mescaline is like a fluffy blanket that is also your college professor.

Your turn!
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Pandora
#2 Posted : 8/15/2013 8:32:27 PM

Got Naloxone?

Welcoming committeeSenior Member

DMT: Laughing Crying or very sad Surprised Shocked Love Thumbs up

LSD: Big grin Love

Mescaline: Sick Very happy Love

MDMA: Laughing Love Love Love Twisted Evil

5-meo-DMT: Shocked Sick Confused Big grin Twisted Evil

In re-reading I see you said similies and metaphors. I thought you said smilies, Razz. My bad.
"But even if nothing lasts and everything is lost, there is still the intrinsic value of the moment. The present moment, ultimately, is more than enough, a gift of grace and unfathomable value, which our friend and lover death paints in stark relief."
-Rick Doblin, Ph.D. MAPS President, MAPS Bulletin Vol. XX, No. 1, pg. 2

Hyperspace LOVES YOU

benzyme
#3 Posted : 8/15/2013 8:33:24 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

DMT is like nothing else.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

DeDao
#4 Posted : 8/15/2013 8:34:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hahha!! Good job, keep 'em coming!!
Keep bumping so people will see! This will be a challenge and fun!
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

Orion
#5 Posted : 8/15/2013 8:35:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Shrooms be like Drool Laughing Big grin Confused Confused Cool

Oh crap I made the same mistake as Pandora.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Pup Tentacle
#6 Posted : 8/15/2013 8:41:46 PM

lettuce

DMT is like a fish in a wig
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

Michal_R
#7 Posted : 8/15/2013 8:53:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pup Tentacle wrote:
DMT is like a fish in a wig

(while Salvia is like being a wig in a fish)

anrchy
#8 Posted : 8/15/2013 9:08:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT is like an expanding gas, forever trying to fill up the space. You wake up before it happens.

Mushrooms are like a cartoon movie with a moral of the story at every turn.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

bindu
#9 Posted : 8/15/2013 10:26:51 PM

bloom & decay
blessed be all forms of intelligence

DeDao
#10 Posted : 8/16/2013 1:15:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You guys are halarious.

Mushrooms is nature trying to actively speak.

*oneironaut*
#11 Posted : 8/16/2013 2:31:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT is a future without a past

Salvia is a .... Salvia is a .... Salvia is a .... Salvia is a ....

LSD is a black and white TV in color.

MDMA is a fluffy pink marshmallow with a crunchy center.

N20 did you see the size of that chicken?

Shrooms are similes made of smilies.

Datura is a sleepy Devil smoking cigarettes in your grandmas bed

You can't do anything about yesterday, but you can do everything with tomorrow.

Everything I write on this forum is pure gibberish and fanciful nonsense!

Gone-and-Back
#12 Posted : 8/16/2013 3:45:08 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Mushrooms are like natures fun house

DMT is like a cosmic slap to the face
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

adam
#13 Posted : 8/16/2013 3:51:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

benzyme wrote:
DMT is like nothing else.

Second this.

dreamer042
#14 Posted : 8/16/2013 4:20:41 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Ketamine is a spider.

MDMA is a one night stand.

DMT is the funniest inside joke ever, and you are the butt of it.

LSD is a scatterbrained mad scientist.

Mescaline is a proud warrior.

Ayahuasca is a patient teacher.

Psilocybin is a trickster.

Iboga is an ancestor.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

DeDao
#15 Posted : 8/16/2013 5:53:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

WOW!!! I knew these would be good! Keep 'em coming guys! Spread it! This is a good idea I had!

Big grin Big grin

I love agreeing with the things you guys say! Really hits deep.

Wax
#16 Posted : 8/16/2013 6:30:29 AM

LUVR

Mushrooms are like a....wait, what the hell is a mushroom? Oh ya! Mushrooms are like a....wait, what the hell is a mushroom?

LSD is like a bunch of savants at a rally.

Salvia is like becoming the stripes of a zebra in a blender full of hyenas.

DMT is like....uh, hmmm, well, it's like...gimme a second, I know this one...

'Little spider weaves a wispy web, stumblin' through the woods it catches to my head. She crawls behind my ear and whispers secrets. Dragonfly whiz by and sings now teach it.'

#17 Posted : 8/16/2013 10:47:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Mushrooms, LSD, and mescaline are like sitting in a movie theater watching the film.

DMT is like being in the film behind the scenes.

Global
#18 Posted : 8/16/2013 12:01:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

*oneironaut* wrote:
DMT is a future without a past

Salvia is a .... Salvia is a .... Salvia is a .... Salvia is a ....

LSD is a black and white TV in color.

MDMA is a fluffy pink marshmallow with a crunchy center.

N20 did you see the size of that chicken?

Shrooms are similes made of smilies.

Datura is a sleepy Devil smoking cigarettes in your grandmas bed

genius
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

SKA
#19 Posted : 8/16/2013 1:02:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DMT is a huge, monstrous, yet tantalisingly beautyfull octopus creature; Repulsive and attractive at the same time.
A viscious beak, Teeth and nasty poisonous spikes all over it's body and tentacles reaching in every corner of your brain and a scaled skin with SUCH beautyfull colors and designs. It is Male, Female, Disgusting, Delightfull, Kind,
Mercyless, Perfectly ordered, Completely chaotic, Enraged & ultimately peacfull ALL at once.

Ayahyasca is more like a patient, loving grandmother that breaks down one's barriers, like DMT does, yet not so invasive and dominant. It too can become a very stern & sinister spiritual teacher, if it needs to, but, like mushrooms, it much prefers a gentle approach. On the one hand she is calm, positive and loving, but, as any grandmother has, she has a deeply melancholic, slightly bitter side as is typical of a Grandmother that deeply laments seeing her children and Grandchildren misbehave and bring so much suffering onto one another.

Mushrooms are like little, cheery, spiritually teaching, somewhat mischievious elves. They hold up a mirror for
you to see, objectively, yourself clearly. They often hold up the mirror to our hidden sides: Hidden talents & hidden ills. They say "Behold, your own insanity!", yet often they do this with such humour it allows you to laugh at yourself. Sometimes, however, when we are unwilling to face your ills and put up a barrier to them, they become more stern and sinister & even violent in tearing down your barriers, making you see what you need to see. But only if needed. They prefer gentleness.

LSD is like a young, playfull, but troubled philosopher. He finds the most profound bliss in the experience of Life, but at a high price; As high as it can soar is exactly as deep as it can fall into Melancholy & dispair. He is rapidly oscillating between a turbulent, restless & agonised state of being and a Peacefull, blissfull, extatic state of being. This oscillation happens so fast that he cannot decide how he feels at any given moment. Feelings mix that are seemingly contradicting eachother(Melancholy & Extacy, Hope & Dispair, Restlessness & Peace), yet melt together in a confusing mixture where these usually conflicting feelings harmonise and dance, rather than fight with eachother. He is endlessly confused, yet is endowed with such clarity. He cannot define himself and, allthough he accepted this superficially, is still at odds with this on a deep level.

Datura is an old, female, extremely powerfull sorceres. A typical Hag, yet with (at first glance) a soft
maternal energy. It is very attractive. You'll want to lay down in her lap and feel "mothered" and cared for,
yet this is a FATAL mistake, because at any point she can turn into the most murderous, icecold & wrathfull being you've ever seen. When I layed in her lap and she shifted to darkness I was locked and paralysed. Then I saw a spider climbing out of her hood, getting ready to devour me as I lay there helplessly immobilised.
This is actually how I saw Lady Datura in a Dream that followed my rather wreckless & ignorant consumption of her Tea(Brugmansia flowers actually) 2 days prior to that dream. I've prefered to avoid her since then.

Orion
#20 Posted : 8/16/2013 3:21:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Are you guys on drugs or something ?
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

12NEXT