We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
A few questions Options

Blade
#1 Posted : 5/14/2009 2:01:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys,

Well, my cat, Turtle, finally got her paws on some DMT, but she wants to know what's the best way to use it.

She can get her hands on a bong, water bong, glass rose, crack/meth pipe, lightbulb or almost anything else. She can also get some weed or mint leaves.

She's heard that weed dulls the experience so she wants to try and stay away from that, but she wants to know what your experiences are in dealing with the glass rose/crack pipe/meth pipes? She really doesn't trust herself well enough with bongs and screens (not a big pothead), but she'll use it if he needs to.

Also, assuming she uses the pipe, is there any way to mellow out the smoke (aside from using a bong)? She's heard its harsh, but hasn't tried it.

Finally, what's the typical amount she should use? She was told .1g should be enough, but erowid says .2-.4 for a "common" hit. What do you guys think?

Thanks!
I really do have a pet cat named Turtle. She's a bitch. She can't type too well with paws, so she holds me hostage and tells me what to type.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

smokeydaze
#2 Posted : 5/14/2009 3:28:46 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

smokeydaze wrote:
It tends to be a hit and miss approach at the start, find out what works best for you. Personally, when using crystal I put down a layer of herb on the cone first - I usually use Calea Zacatechichi but anything from tobacco to weed (not advised though) to ash can be used. I then sprinkle the desired amount of crystal over it, but don't put another layer of herb cause I find this way doesn't allow you to know if its melted properly. Then I'll hold my lighter close to (not on) the crystal to heat it up and if its still not melted properly after a little bit I'll suck through the bong really slightly to get the heat moving through the cone. Usually after around 20 seconds all the crystal has melted into the herb, after that I get myself ready and then hit the cone as I usually would - like soulfood said getting the hit in all in one go. Good luck!

I tried the crack pipe a hand full of times and never again, best way is definitely using a bong as its easier to use and very pleasant to smoke. You're right in saying weed isn't a good idea so check out my Enhanced Leaf thread for other herbs you could use, or even make some Enhanced Leaf if you have adequate supplies.

In terms of dose just start small and work your way up.

SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

SWIMfriend
#3 Posted : 5/14/2009 4:30:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Blade wrote:
...Finally, what's the typical amount she should use? She was told .1g should be enough, but erowid says .2-.4 for a "common" hit. What do you guys think?....

Those doses are wrong. Maybe you mean 0.01g - 0.04g ?? i.e., 10mg to 40 mg

Blade
#4 Posted : 5/14/2009 1:37:07 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIMfriend wrote:
Those doses are wrong. Maybe you mean 0.01g - 0.04g ?? i.e., 10mg to 40 mg

Right, sorry. Stupid decibels...
I really do have a pet cat named Turtle. She's a bitch. She can't type too well with paws, so she holds me hostage and tells me what to type.

tolu
#5 Posted : 5/14/2009 5:42:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

.1g is double a breakthrough dose. You should just try 30mg and see how it affects you, if it's too weak you'll probably need 50 like most people.
My friend never bothers to weigh it out anymore.
As for the smoking method, just find what's right for you.
Light bulb works amazingly for my friend, breakthrough strength every time. However lots of people fail at using the light bulb vaporizer properly for some reason, if you find that too then you should try a bong.

Also, the smoke is not harsh whatsoever.
My friend find tobacco harsher.

acolon_5
#6 Posted : 5/14/2009 6:49:37 PM

The Great Namah

Honestly, the bong method is the smoothest and easiest to break through on.

Just get yourself a small cheap plastic one that you only use for spice.

Don't bother with the lightbulb method, most people feel that it is the worst way to smoke spice.

Glass rose, yeah, you'll end up with either a mouth full of boiling spice or burn the back of your throat really bad.

Some people will point you in the direction of The Machine, but it is just a glorified glass rose. I haven't had a lot of success with it.

You don't need to make enhanced leaf to use the bong, a leaf bed (or ash bed) method works just as well. Get yourself some blue lotus, white lotus, mullen, or even parsely. Put a little bit on the bottom of the screened bowl, add 30-50MGS (.030-.050g) on top, and add another thin layer of leaf on top. Light the leaf and take the lighter away. Smoke the biggest first hit you can handle and hold, repeat until gone. You've got about 1 minute to get everything you can before the effects kick in and you can't get anymore...so don't baby it, but don't think you have to rush to get it all in. 1 1/2 minutes is more than enough for 3 solid hits held 10-20 seconds each.

I personally suggest that you DO get a scale. There is a big difference in a 30mg hit and a 70mg hit although they might look almost identical in size. Since you are new I suggest looking on ebay for a .001g scale. Don't get .01 or .1, get one that measures milligrams. You can pick one up for $20-$50 if you look around.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

tolu
#7 Posted : 5/15/2009 2:25:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
Honestly, the bong method is the smoothest and easiest to break through on.

Again, subjective.

You really don't need to buy anything to take it, should be able to make something out of stuff lying around your house.
For the light bulb vaporizer my friend uses; he just makes it out of the top of a sports drink bottle, a pen tube and a light bulb.
Pretty sure a video was posted some time ago on theNook showing it in detail (including demonstration of vaporizing it) and they were also advocating it as the best method that they have found, so it's not just my friend being weird Pleased
I'll see if I can find it.

Out of all the methods my friend has tried, he'd say the bong method was the most wasteful.
He's just experimenting with a new way of taking it which involved only one really long drawn out breath.
He wants to experiment with it more before deciding if it's better than the light bulb.

SpasticSpaz
#8 Posted : 5/15/2009 8:22:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM tells me that the best method for him is using a test tube, which really is just a glorified lightbulb vape. He says he breaks throug ~80% of the time. It really depends a lot on the person, though.

Blade
#9 Posted : 5/20/2009 11:34:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Ok, well after reading a few suggestions and talking to a few other cats, Turtle decided to go with a V-shaped "oil burner" like the one shown here:

http://www.rollies.com/P...w.php?SerialNum=HT-GL704

Her first question is EXACTLY how do you use it? Remember, she's a cat, so please explain step by step in the simplest terms possible. Does she need screens, how much do you put, where do you put it, where do you put the flame, how do you know when to inhale, etc?

hedcase
#10 Posted : 5/21/2009 12:26:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

decibel lol
On my back and tumbling
Down that hole and back again
Rising up
And wiping the webs and the dew from my withered eye.