We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Psilo Gummy Bears Options

Gone-and-Back
#1 Posted : 8/8/2013 12:04:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Upon eating some gummy bears, I came up with a really good idea to dose mushrooms.

People use gummy bears to soak up alcohol and make gummy bear shots all the time. I have seen this done with Green Dragon as well, for those of you who dont know Green Dragon is THC infused vodka. When I thought of this, it lead to another thought.

One could simply do a decent extraction on some mushrooms, and evap everything down to a powder. Once you have this powder, divide it into equal dosages. Put into a shot glass and add some very hot alcohol into the glass, just enough to fully dissolve all the actives, no more.

While this is still hot and everything is absorbed, drop a gummy bear into the glass. Let it soak up all the alcohol/actives and you now have an active dose of mushrooms contained in a little gummy bear.

One would want to do this while the alcohol is hot, so it can absorb it before anything starts to crash out of solution. By using hot alcohol, you can also use less alcohol per dose so you do not have to deal with the effects of the alcohol as much. Also, the gummy bear would not enlarge as much if less alcohol was used.

This would be an effective way for people to bring their magic mushies out into nature without the need to carry around a bunch of fungal matter, or jars of tea. If anyone wanted to go to a festival as well, this would be a good way to bring them with (although I do not suggest this, some people here I am sure enjoy doing so in public). No one will think twice about a slightly larger gummy bear, for all they know it could of been made that size normally.

Any thoughts? I myself will try this out once I have the means to do so. I currently do not have any mushrooms nor am I growing any. I do have some very nice gourmet gummy bears though. Less sugar and unneeded crap added to them, so it should be best to use ones like these compared to cheap gummy bears that are loaded with nasty dyes, extra sugar, and god only knows what other crap.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Nathanial.Dread
#2 Posted : 8/8/2013 2:08:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The big problem with this is that you're getting psychedelics + alcohol, which is generally considered to be an unpleasant combination.

Alcohol (while acting as an axiolytic) tends to also be an emotional intensifier, intoxicant, and a depressant, so the potential for a very disorienting, emotionally difficult is way higher then it might otherwise be.

I think I'll pass in this one.

If you want innocuous psilocybin candies: make some chocolate and simply add the pure powder to it. You can make little magic fudge squares.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

Gone-and-Back
#3 Posted : 8/8/2013 3:14:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

That is why I suggested using hot alcohol, to minimize the amount of alcohol you would be ingesting along with this. If using a low enough percentage alcohol, then there should not be to much effects from the alcohol itself and mainly the mushrooms effects.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Adjhart
#4 Posted : 8/26/2014 8:17:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Any updates? Or anyone else with some input? Rather than just for single dosing, but storing as well, I'd love me some gummy bears.

Auxin
#5 Posted : 8/26/2014 9:03:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Just dont get caught.
A prosecuting attorney would get a spontaneous erection if his prey had been making hallucinogenic gummy bears.
"Think of the CHILDREN"

Adjhart
#6 Posted : 8/26/2014 11:51:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Auxin wrote:
Just dont get caught.

Are you saying you'd prefer a bag of shrooms on you over a bag of gummy bears?

Auxin
#7 Posted : 8/27/2014 8:31:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Assuming they would know what was in the gummy bears (ie. caught), yes I would.
Keep in mind the current generation of police and jurors were raised on the urban myths of LSD laced childrens candy, lickable childrens stickers, temporary tattoos, etc.

Adjhart
#8 Posted : 8/27/2014 9:26:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well that's the whole point, Auxin; that a bag of gummy bears is very unassuming and is probably much less likely to get you into trouble than possessing fresh/dried caps.

HumbleTraveler
#9 Posted : 8/27/2014 10:49:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I feel like the chances of anyone assuming a gummy bear is infused with anything but artificial dyes and high fructose corn syrup is slim to none.

And most people dont even think of that. Lol.
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

The Traveler
#10 Posted : 8/27/2014 11:07:58 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Gone-and-Back wrote:
This would be an effective way for people to bring their magic mushies out into nature without the need to carry around a bunch of fungal matter, or jars of tea. If anyone wanted to go to a festival as well, this would be a good way to bring them with (although I do not suggest this, some people here I am sure enjoy doing so in public). No one will think twice about a slightly larger gummy bear, for all they know it could of been made that size normally.

First, you are breaking one of our most important rules about no discussion on smuggling of drugs (among others). Please read the attitude page.

Secondly, if you get caught with these you will be in big trouble since the whole weight of the gummy bears will be treated as the substance (so not only the small mushroom content). Also by having a bag of these you might not only face charges for possession but for intent to distribution as well.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

soulfood
#11 Posted : 8/28/2014 1:52:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

You had me at alcohol and gummy bears Smile

Gonna probably just try that for now... Thinking rum actually!

Gone-and-Back
#12 Posted : 8/31/2014 3:58:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:
Gone-and-Back wrote:

First, you are breaking one of our most important rules about no discussion on smuggling of drugs (among others). Please read the attitude page.

Secondly, if you get caught with these you will be in big trouble since the whole weight of the gummy bears will be treated as the substance (so not only the small mushroom content). Also by having a bag of these you might not only face charges for possession but for intent to distribution as well.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

I apologize Traveler, I did not think that was suggesting the smuggling of items, nor was it intended to suggest that. It was just an idea for dosing that I thought of that I imagined others on the forum would be interested in hearing. Discussing bringing drugs to music festivals has been spoken of before here, so I did not know that was a problem.
For the record, I do not condone the smuggling or selling of items such as this. Everything suggested here is for personal uses only, by whoever decides to give it a try.

Along the lines of the whole getting caught thing, and what prosecutors would think of mushroom laced gummy bears, the whole idea is to have something that wouldnt be suspected of something like that. I get where you guys are going, and I completely agree that it would be worse for them to find out that the gummy bears are psychedelic. However, one of the ideas behind this is that people wouldnt know the gummy bears contained it. If they tested it though, you would be screwed.

However, I dont think a police officer would think twice about a bag of gummy bears.

Adjhart
#13 Posted : 8/31/2014 4:31:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aside from all the legality -

Would it not be awesome to pop some gummy bears out and chew them down quickly and enjoyably for easy dosing?

I'm not so much interested in the alcohol method as with something like making your own gummy bears mixed with a methanol extract.

You could get really accurate and easy dosing in this way, I feel.

Enoon
#14 Posted : 8/31/2014 4:46:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

I once had my acid on sugar cubes. In order to dose a decent, strong dose I had to eat a bunch of sugar cubes. It was disgusting - just the idea of ingesting all that sugar made me gag and still kind of does when I think about it. I'm not sure gummy bears would be a lot better. I mean you'd probably need quite a few to get a decent dose, so that means you have to eat a lot of these gelatine sweets.

What I really like is the idea of making honey - though I've never done it myself and am not sure how exactly it works, but supposedly the whole honey, after some time, becomes psychedelic. But of course once again you have a lot of sugar/sweet stuff that you have to ingest in order to get the mushrooms down. At least with honey though you can mask it with some nice German-style dark rye bread, or walnut bread or something like that.

If you go through the trouble of extracting and actually manage to get a powder, you might as well just dissolve that in water and shoot it down or put it in a capsule and down that... But extrating from mushrooms doesn't really yield a nice clean product. At least not from my one experience.
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Gone-and-Back
#15 Posted : 8/31/2014 4:57:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Enoon wrote:

If you go through the trouble of extracting and actually manage to get a powder, you might as well just dissolve that in water and shoot it down or put it in a capsule and down that... But extrating from mushrooms doesn't really yield a nice clean product. At least not from my one experience.

There is a way, but it is long and involves multiple different solvents. It is discussed on this forum a few times, and there is one really good thread about it but I cant seem to find it right now. It essentially uses different solvents to extract the unwanted gunk first, leaving the goodies behind. Then you use a solvent that will extract the active principals, and when this is evaporated it leaves a somewhat powdery residue. It has been said to be pure enough to vaporize it.

However, this is getting off topic. But an extract of this nature, dissolved into a couple drops of hot alcohol and then placed onto the gummy bear, would be effective at creating a single dose in the gummy bear without a lot of alcohol being added or consumed.

Adjhart
#16 Posted : 8/31/2014 6:21:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Enoon,

If you had to eat that many sugarcubes, then your tincture wasn't potent enough, right?

I mean, with a resin extract from methanol, I could make a gummy bear as weak or potent as I'd like. I know a methanol extract doesn't yield a pure product, but surely it's better than ground shrooms.

I could just grind up the shrooms and make gummy bears from that - it's been done, I've seen it. However, the gummies, as you mentioned, aren't as potent and they basically taste like mushrooms - ugh.

I could do a methanol extract with 60g of dried material, and then use the resin in a 60 gummy bear gummy recipe and have bears that 1g a piece, theoretically.

This is what I'm trying to gather info for, anyway.

silvertriptamine
#17 Posted : 10/27/2014 6:33:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Make blue honey and waterit down to absorb it into the gummy with sugar water

some ediable companies do this for bho enfused gummies with like above alcohol or a sugar syrup sort of spray