We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pyramids in Bosnia Options

Saidin
#1 Posted : 5/13/2009 12:26:44 AM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Hey all,

Found this over on the shroomery and found it very interesting. Amazing the things that pop up outside the main stream media! Older and larger pyramids than in Egypt, found in Bosnia...this could be the start of something interesting. Cool

http://www.bosnianpyrami...om/index_Files/News.html
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?
And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

ohayoco
#2 Posted : 5/13/2009 2:35:46 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Wow! Thank you for posting this.
I've realised why the ancients built pyramids- when using the materials they had to hand, the largest structure that can be made is a pyramid (or cone, but pyramid is easier). This allows the massive weight of stone and earth structures to be dissipated stably. So if you want to build really big, that is the shape you build in. Whereas we have steel, so we can build straight upwards, and this is best when land is at a premium, so we build rectangular towers instead.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

The Traveler
#3 Posted : 5/13/2009 8:27:42 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Oh my,

These have been discussed to death on Dutch forums and in my (and other professionals) opinion this man (Semir Osmanagić) is a fraud. You can put him on the same spot as von Däniken although von Däniken is MUCH better in storytelling Cool.

Real archeologists are pretty much upset about the amateurism of the excavations at the "Bosnian Pyramids". Yes there are caves in these hills but no, there is not a shred of evidence that these hill aren't natural.

ohayoco
#4 Posted : 5/13/2009 3:01:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Really? The video was pretty convincing, what with the stone pathways and walls and huge rectangular building blocks. They're certainly a lot more convincing that wonky old Stonehenge!

The only way I can think that he could be wrong is his assertion that the structures are entirely manmade. I can imagine that it would be logical for a pyramid builder to find an existing hill of roughly the right size, then build on top of it to create a pyramid. If these are real, I expect that is what happened.

But the stonework looks pretty real to me- it would have to be either fraudulently fabricated, or created by an uncanny natural phenomena.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

The Traveler
#5 Posted : 5/13/2009 6:33:00 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Here is a good link which explains what is wrong with the assertions by Osmanagić.

To make some quotes:
Quote:
Osmanagić's diggings on Visočica have been mainly to expose what appears to be extensive hand-laid stone roads, walls, and plazas, also including what appear to be ancient concrete blocks stacked in regular patterns. Although these structures look pretty convincing, geologists have yet to be impressed. The apparently nicely paved surfaces have been conclusively identified as natural strata. Local geologists call this series of strata the Lasva series, found throughout the region. This includes the blocks of conventional conglomerate, which Osmanagić misidentifies as artificial concrete. Similar structures that are equally or more impressive are found throughout the world.

Quote:
Osmanagić also offers as evidence the existence of a vast network of tunnels connecting all of his pyramids, and which exit at the summit of each. If true, this would certainly be interesting, but it would not, as he claims, make it consistent with man-made pyramids, as no known pyramids had any such network of tunnels connecting them that we know of. He offers video of one of the tunnels being explored. However this tunnel is the only one found so far, went back only 300 meters, and is located 3 kilometers away from Visočica. It could be an old mine shaft, nobody really knows (the area has been mined for coal, iron, and copper since Roman times); but there's certainly no evidence that the tunnel goes anywhere near Visočica or any other of Osmanagić's hills. Apparently he deduced the existence of a tunnel network from old, unsourced local stories about children going into one hill and emerging at the top of another. So much for the alleged "network of tunnels". If it exists at all, it certainly has never been found or detected.

And I like to conclude with this link with a lot of interesting information about the Bosnian "Pyramids'.

ohayoco
#6 Posted : 5/13/2009 7:08:47 PM
DMT-Nexus member

What a disappointment. So he's probably finding a mixture of natural strata and later ruins. This is why I try to stick to New Scientist rather than trawling the internet.

Big Inhale
#7 Posted : 5/14/2009 12:09:29 AM

The Enlightend One

here is something amazing that was built by humans its the oldest and biggest of ancient structures it is called Puma Punku. Your wig will be blown off. Google it.This should be one of the wonders of the world.
Can you Imagine? From one single Idea everything appeared here.
RZA

Here in the Prime Creators universe all things are possible,because all things are possible many lessons are learned.

None Of This Is Real!

Saidin
#8 Posted : 5/14/2009 1:30:01 AM

Sun Dragon

Senior Member | Skills: Aquaponics, Channeling, Spirituality, Past Life Regression Hypnosis

Big Inhale wrote:
here is something amazing that was built by humans its the oldest and biggest of ancient structures it is called Puma Punku. Your wig will be blown off. Google it.This should be one of the wonders of the world.

I saw a history channel program that went there. Absolutely amazing! The date they give for the site and the amazing precision of the stonework. Nope, not built by some stone age tribe...
And it is this...

So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Saidin is a fictional character, and only exists in the collective unconscious. Therefore, we both do and do not exist. Everything is made up as we go along, and none of it is real.

ohayoco
#9 Posted : 5/14/2009 2:17:35 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes I really want to go see the Inca and friends. So far my favourites are Teotihuacan, and Tikal.

Dorge
#10 Posted : 5/14/2009 2:44:54 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

lots of cultures built pyramid like structures...
the pyramid is a mountain. many cultures believed that the world or life or they all came form a sacred mountain. this was common all over the world. mountains have been one of the very common symbols for spiritual progress and the micro/macro cosmos of a people. its the place of origins. if you can build a mountain that puts you in league with the gods... politically a very powerful place to be... kings and leaders capable of building great things where often considered gods as well... the king archetype is interlinked in most cultures as the main male deity as well... so if thats the way of viewing the world... make it concrete build your self a mountain and hey it makes you god on earth... because like mount Olympus the gods live on the tops of mountains... shiva vishnu, thor... they all lived on top...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

Saidin
#11 Posted : 5/15/2009 12:24:12 AM

Sun Dragon

ohayoco wrote:
Yes I really want to go see the Inca and friends. So far my favourites are Teotihuacan, and Tikal.

I highly recommend Machu Pichu, especially if you can take the time to come in via the Inca Trail. One of the most amazing places I've been, I felt a peace and contentedness there which I've felt nowhere else.
And it is this...

So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Dwhitty76
#12 Posted : 5/22/2009 4:09:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Saidin wrote:

I highly recommend Machu Pichu, especially if you can take the time to come in via the Inca Trail. One of the most amazing places I've been, I felt a peace and contentedness there which I've felt nowhere else.

Hey, saidin do you have any contacts down there in the cusco or machu pichu area?

I'm planning on taking a trip down to the inquitos to spend a week or so on an aya retreat and then fly to cusco to hike the inca trail into machu pichu.I would like to have a local guide or someone that knows the area well instead of being a part of a tourist group.Do you know anyone that could point me in the right direction?
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti