We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Still looking for a good 1st technique... Help appreciated Options

Erinn22
#1 Posted : 5/12/2009 8:26:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

To avoid confusion and wasting both your time and my time I'll make a list of materials and I would appreciate it if you could help me choosing a best technique (for 250g of powdered MHRB) for my friend SWIM.

AVAILABLE materials:

- Sodium Bicarbonate (convertable to Sodium Carbonate)
- Vinegar
- HCl
- Hempel 823 thinner (non-polar solvent)
- Acetone
- Zippo fuel (I think it's naphtha)
- Lye solution for cleaning (KOH and NaOH, concentrations, ratio and purity unknown)

Please don't tell me to use something that's not on the list. I'm desperate, try to suggest me a technique using only those mats. If you find it, please link it. Thanks ! SWIM will appreciate it Pleased

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

burnt
#2 Posted : 5/12/2009 8:32:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

first of all you shouldnt be using anything when purity and ratio is unknown.

Quote:
- Hempel 823 thinner (non-polar solvent)

What is in it? If you don't know don't use it.

Quote:
- Zippo fuel (I think it's naphtha)

As far as I know zippo has some additives to it. Not sure what though. Wouldn't recommend.

Quote:
- Lye solution for cleaning (KOH and NaOH, concentrations, ratio and purity unknown)

Again lots of lye solutions contain dyes and other things to make it look nicer like things to make it thick and globby. Use water + NaOH thats it.

Get another non polar solvent and forget the zippo fuel and the hempel (depending on what it really is just a brand name doesn't really tell you whats in it). Also don't use weird drain cleaners unless its just water and NaOH or KOH.

Sorry I know nothing about brand names of most solvents.

Phlux-
#3 Posted : 5/12/2009 8:34:17 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

lots of teks around, with those materials available - if swim were in swiys position he would go with a standard stb tek but dividing the bark up into 125g portions - try the first portion and see if your happy with the outcome - a lot is learned the first round.
so standard stb using lye and naptha - do many many naptha pulls - add em all up - evap it down quite a lot then freeze precip out your spice. keep pulling till no more comes out of the bark.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Erinn22
#4 Posted : 5/12/2009 8:44:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

*Sigh*...

burnt
#5 Posted : 5/12/2009 8:46:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

^^Don't be discouraged. SWIM just doesn't know brand names all I meant was just read the label and figure out whats in your stuff before just using it. If you don't know what the chemicals mean or are just ask.

Erinn22
#6 Posted : 5/12/2009 8:52:42 PM
DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
^^Don't be discouraged. SWIM just doesn't know brand names all I meant was just read the label and figure out whats in your stuff before just using it. If you don't know what the chemicals mean or are just ask.

Thanks Pleased, I'll try to get more info, but unfortunately I think these mats are only ones available here.

lowjackal
#7 Posted : 5/15/2009 6:18:57 AM

PuddinTane

yeah, go odorless mineral spirits before that hempel stuff.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies dismembered."
Lowjackal original quote

lowjackal
#8 Posted : 5/15/2009 6:27:25 AM

PuddinTane

"Keep your friends close and your enemies dismembered."
Lowjackal original quote

Erinn22
#9 Posted : 5/15/2009 11:42:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

lowjackal wrote:

That's hexane, right ?

hedcase
#10 Posted : 5/15/2009 11:47:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My grandpa got everything he needed at the local hardware store..about 200 bucks all said.
On my back and tumbling
Down that hole and back again
Rising up
And wiping the webs and the dew from my withered eye.

Erinn22
#11 Posted : 5/15/2009 12:33:06 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hedcase wrote:
My grandpa got everything he needed at the local hardware store..about 200 bucks all said.

I'm sorry to ask, but how was that even remotely useful ? Are you seriously that bored ?

Phlux-
#12 Posted : 5/15/2009 12:51:28 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

hah noobs tuning noobs (too much talking nonsense lately makes everyone think its ok) Smile this post isnt very helpfull either. Smile
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Erinn22
#13 Posted : 5/15/2009 8:31:35 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I must say that I'm seriously disappointed that there's nobody here (after 170+ views) who could recommend me a technique using these materials... Sad

balaganist
#14 Posted : 5/15/2009 9:04:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Be patient, maybe there isnt a known tek using your materials...?

Otherwise, I would suggest ordering online - I got most of my stuff off eBay.
Unless thats not an option for you...

Good luck !
balaganist is a fictional character who loves playing the game of infinite existence. he amuses himself by posting stories about his made up life in our plane of physical reality. his origins are in other dimensions... he merely comes here to play.

Jorkest
#15 Posted : 5/15/2009 9:27:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf ProgrammingChemical expert | Skills: Extraction Troubleshooting, (S)elf Programming

try this out...not even sure how well this will work..but...it 'should'

take 50g of root bark and grind into a fine powder(coffee grinder)

take 25g of sodium carbonate and mix it with the powdered root bark(not really sure how much sodium carbonate to use..but that should be enough)

add JUST ENOUGH water to make it DAMP..not wet..or soupy..but so its like the consistency of cookie dough or something

stir it up really good for 5 minutes...make sure everything mixes together...

now this is the part that sucks..

dry your mimosa-sodium carbonate mix...you dont want any water for the next step...so the best way to do this..is somehow get your mimosa mix up to about 100F and allow it to evaporate...it may take a day or three!! you want it to be dry..but you dont want the temp to go over...like 120F

once its dry...soak your mix in acetone..lets say start with 100ml..and do something like 3 of these...so you will use about 300ml of acetone...not sure if thats too much..but whatever..stir it up really good..and let each pull sit for a few hours..one hour would probably do it just fin

now that you have this acetone(300ml) put it in a container..with a wide moutha baking dish(glass) with a flat bottom should work...now you want to heat it up SLIGHTLY..like to 100 degrees F...but you dont want to use any flames for this...at all...and a fan blowing INDIRECTLY around the dish...this will evap the acetone and what SHOULD be left is some freebase spice..

this tek hasnt been perfected at all..and may not work that well..but it SHOULD get you something..not exactly sure..but you could try it out on 50g and see what you get...
it's a sound

Erinn22
#16 Posted : 5/15/2009 9:38:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Jorkest wrote:
try this out...not even sure how well this will work..but...it 'should'

take 50g of root bark and grind into a fine powder(coffee grinder)

take 25g of sodium carbonate and mix it with the powdered root bark(not really sure how much sodium carbonate to use..but that should be enough)

add JUST ENOUGH water to make it DAMP..not wet..or soupy..but so its like the consistency of cookie dough or something

stir it up really good for 5 minutes...make sure everything mixes together...

now this is the part that sucks..

dry your mimosa-sodium carbonate mix...you dont want any water for the next step...so the best way to do this..is somehow get your mimosa mix up to about 100F and allow it to evaporate...it may take a day or three!! you want it to be dry..but you dont want the temp to go over...like 120F

once its dry...soak your mix in acetone..lets say start with 100ml..and do something like 3 of these...so you will use about 300ml of acetone...not sure if thats too much..but whatever..stir it up really good..and let each pull sit for a few hours..one hour would probably do it just fin

now that you have this acetone(300ml) put it in a container..with a wide moutha baking dish(glass) with a flat bottom should work...now you want to heat it up SLIGHTLY..like to 100 degrees F...but you dont want to use any flames for this...at all...and a fan blowing INDIRECTLY around the dish...this will evap the acetone and what SHOULD be left is some freebase spice..

this tek hasnt been perfected at all..and may not work that well..but it SHOULD get you something..not exactly sure..but you could try it out on 50g and see what you get...

Thank you ! I will try that soon and I'll report back here. Pleased