We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
How do you blend your DMT and leaf? Options

Viracocha
#1 Posted : 7/16/2007 5:14:33 AM

..still lc..

I'm wondering what's the best way to blend spice on to leaf? At the moment i (done in a whiskey glass): 1: weigh 1 gram of DMT and mix it with about 30mL shellite 2: sit in a hot water bath and let all DMT dissolve 3: add half a gram of leaf (brugmansia - smooth to smoke) 4: evaporate under fan and i know this is a poor method a lof of DMT is left on the sides of the glass much of the DMT doesn't stick to the leaf etc.. i've heard pure ethanol work better as it gets into the leaf moreso than shellite does, so methylated spirits should work fine yeah? should the solvent actually be evaporated really slowly to prevent the dmt sticking to the glass?

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Viracocha
#2 Posted : 7/18/2007 2:03:52 AM

..still lc..

Fine! I'll answer my own question then! Mad so far i have been doing this: 1 gram of dmt with 500mg of leaf dissolve the dmt in some warm shellite and throw in the leaf (all in a typical drinking glass), let evaporate (usually with a fan because i'm getting eager at this stage) the result is leaf with crystals stuck to it, and more crystals hanging around a problem is there always seems to be a significant amount of dmt stuck to the sides of the glass so what i've learnt is that shellite (mostly heptane) is a complex molecule that can't seem to easily penetrate the cellular walls of the leaf, and in turn doesn't really get much if any dmt inside the leaf. Isopropyl alcohol, acetone, or pure ethanol (i'm assuming you could get away with methylated spirits) works a treat for this, and i was surprised to see how soluble the freebase is in the IPA. absolutely no problem dissolving, and with a little help of a fan nearby, very little dmt was left on the glass, and you can't even tell that it's inside the leaf Smile bingo! that's what i was looking for Wink ps, 2:1 of spice:leaf is overkill i just tried a 40% spice, 60% leaf mix and that's a little too weak for my taste (you can certainly break through on it but i personally prefer to smoke as little leaf as possible) so 1:1 or 60% spice and 40% leaf even are what i'll look at next Twisted Evil i suspect 60% spice and 40% leaf would be good good good Twisted Evil

Fable
#3 Posted : 7/18/2007 6:03:22 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Coschi I wouldnt use metho. I have evaporated metho to dryness and then wiped the surface with my finger to taste it and there is that awful bitter taste. I definitely wouldnt want that in any changa I made, if I ever find the raw material to work on that is. You wouldnt believe in a land full of acacia, how hard it is to find the right ones. Keep up the experimenting.
I am a leaf on the the wind, watch how I soar!

Viracocha
#4 Posted : 7/18/2007 6:53:36 AM

..still lc..

[quote:916a28fd07="Fable"]You wouldnt believe in a land full of acacia, how hard it is to find the right ones[/quote:916a28fd07] umm hehe yeah i would Wink dmt found me about a year ago, as soon as i understood i knew what i had to do i had many almosts, many, and a lot of hard work with no returns whatsoever, but i persisted then almost as dmt found me, so did the acacias you wouldn't believe how abundant they are, but then again it depends where you are never stop

litrium
#5 Posted : 7/18/2007 11:15:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Coschi wrote: [quoteVery happyb4dcfe69b] 3: add half a gram of leaf (brugmansia - smooth to smoke) [/quoteVery happyb4dcfe69b] Shocked Why are you messing with this stuff for?, it's pretty much a deliriant which contains atropine and scopolamine among other things. Combining this with DMT is pretty risky in my opinion.

Garulfo
#6 Posted : 7/18/2007 12:50:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You do not need to dissolve your DMT in toxic stuff. DMT melt at pretty low temp. Just put it with your leaf in a closed glass tube, shake it and slightly heat it so it melts and mix with the leafs (assuming DMT is in powder and leafs also).

psilocybin
#7 Posted : 7/18/2007 1:53:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

moved to general discussions Wink

DMTripper
#8 Posted : 7/19/2007 1:32:01 AM

John Murdoch IV

[quote:be7a38341c="Coschi"] i just tried a 40% spice, 60% leaf mix and that's a little too weak for my taste (you can certainly break through on it but i personally prefer to smoke as little leaf as possible) so 1:1 or 60% spice and 40% leaf even are what i'll look at next Twisted Evil i suspect 60% spice and 40% leaf would be good good good Twisted Evil[/quote:be7a38341c] Tell us how your experiments go and how you like to smoke it. Cheers! Smile
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Viracocha
#9 Posted : 7/19/2007 2:21:34 AM

..still lc..

[quote:a206742b34="litrium"]Coschi wrote: [quote:a206742b34] 3: add half a gram of leaf (brugmansia - smooth to smoke) [/quote:a206742b34] Shocked Why are you messing with this stuff for?, it's pretty much a deliriant which contains atropine and scopolamine among other things. Combining this with DMT is pretty risky in my opinion.[/quote:a206742b34] It's funny, everyone has expressed their concern with this combination (as well as extracted salvinorin deposited on brug mix). You may find it a little strange but i found a large brugmansia, i found it under completely unexpected circumstances, and in a place where it has no reason being there. i mean, she came to me and i have no problem interacting with her. that and a cone's worth of brug leaf isn't enough to do anything. Once i felt threshold intoxication from making a tea with some HBWR seeds and a brug leaf Smile Anyway, the major influence of the brug i see on the dmt experience is more greens, more yellows, some browns, less intense reds (and consequently purples). Also, just at the point of breaking through, with clean dmt i tend to get overwhelmed by patterns and spiraling funky shit, whereas with the brug influence the breakthrough starts with a whisp of smoke, like a ghost, that slowly approaches and reaches out, then encompasses me completely with .. hehe [quote:a206742b34="Garulfo"]You do not need to dissolve your DMT in toxic stuff. DMT melt at pretty low temp. Just put it with your leaf in a closed glass tube, shake it and slightly heat it so it melts and mix with the leafs (assuming DMT is in powder and leafs also).[/quote:a206742b34] I can see what your saying but the thing with using a solvent is that it can penetrate the leaf and get the dmt right in there. when i was using shellite you'd just see a whole bunch of crystals sticking to the leaf, whereas using IPA they just look a little oily, but you know they're heavily loaded with spice [quote:a206742b34="DMTripper"] Tell us how your experiments go and how you like to smoke it. Cheers! [/quote:a206742b34] ohh where to begin! lol [img:a206742b34]http://www.wetdreams.ws/forum/images/icon_bounce01.gif[/img:a206742b34] well.. the 40% dmt, 60% leaf is a a little weak imo, you can still break through but you can also see that the brug has a lot more say over the experience - for me, a strong brug influence tends to manifest itself in an african way, little black children, there were families, the place was quite like earth but very dark and very green, but it wasn't digital-style it was quite standard. i've found that peppermint in the mix can really brighten things up, say with the same experience as above it can make the place very sunny, more blues like a bright blue sky, shiny yellow sun, etc.. without something like brug in the mix it's more of an electro-psychedelic experience i find sooo many experiences though man how could i even begin to explain, i've written a few things about some experiences on myspace though so if you're interested there's some more details in there i wonder how subjective it is though, after talking to other people about their experiences there seems to be a fair bit in common, but i'm sure the individual person will see their own version, but then again if we're all actually 'visiting' a place, then it'd be the same for all people.. fuck i smoke in a standard hash pipe Smile

Fuego
#10 Posted : 7/19/2007 5:11:51 PM

Riggly Maynard Charlston Bentsworth |||

Location: my secret volcano lair, really everyone should have one its so cool
haha mars volta kicks ass man! right on!

Viracocha
#11 Posted : 7/20/2007 1:28:26 AM

..still lc..

i'm glad you agree Wink Cool yeah they're fucking cool, we say them earlier this year at festival hall, crappy place for such a fantastic gig but it really didn't matter --they were a solid brick powerstation on stage ---hehe i just wish i could remember!!! luuuuuucy by the way, a 1:1 mix of dmt:leaf is the go in my opinion i noticed more dmt crystals making those cool circles on the glass than last time though (40% spice) - i wonder if this is because the leaf is getting a little too heavily loaded, doesn't matter you can scrape it off the sides and have some nice dmt crystals in there as well as enhanced leaf Very happy

halou
#12 Posted : 7/20/2007 6:07:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

How handy is that. I just came here looking for an answer to the original post as well ^_^ just tried shellite and yeah the crystals just reform on the outside of leaf material. I am infusing some salvia leaves. Anyone tried mixing these two actually? not that there will be a lot of SD smoked as its just plain dried leaves.

Viracocha
#13 Posted : 7/20/2007 6:33:40 AM

..still lc..

I've got some brug leaf that is 40x enhanced with salvia extract, i gave the extract about 10 IPA washes but still couldn't get it white, i'd suspect i had about 80% purity, so by that i have some 32x salvia leaf lying around now i wonder what would happen if i were to blend this dmt Shocked thing is though i can't seem to see the salvia space, i just get this wierd forcefield influence on my body and tend to fall over.. that sucks i WISH i could see what salvia is all about, perhaps in time i'd suggest you make a crude 5x leaf: 1: chill 100 grams of salvia leaf and a few hundred mls of acetone 2: in a baking dish, just cover the leaves with chilled acetone and stir for two minutes 3: pour off, repeat twice, and combine 4: discard 80 grams of leaf, leave the other 20 in your baking dish 5: evaporate the combined acetone pulls over the 20 grams of leaf now you'll have a crude 5x enhancement on your sally leaves then: 1: weight up a gram of dmt, dissolve it in 99% IPA (or other) 2: weight up a gram of your 5x sally 3: stir the two together and let evaporate if it's taking too long to evaporate, you can use a fan on low placed about a meter away from your dish (you don't want to evaporate too quickly, just a little help) man i'm drooling just thinking about it [img:11ec10d034]http://www.thenook.org/forum/style_emoticons/default/drool.gif[/img:11ec10d034] honestly i don't know if that's such a good idea.. but in my opinion go nutss man [img:11ec10d034]http://www.thenook.org/forum/style_emoticons/default/dance.gif[/img:11ec10d034]

halou
#14 Posted : 7/20/2007 7:04:18 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The isopropyl alcohol i just bought is actually only 640ml/L, i wonder what the other 36% is .... Reckon its safe to use? It is ISOCOL bought from a pharmacy.

Viracocha
#15 Posted : 7/20/2007 7:16:23 AM

..still lc..

I don't know, i'd assume the other 360mL is water.. but it could be acetone or something else i'm really not sure i suggest you evaporate say 50mL with the help of a fan, if you can't evaporate it all then don't use it (although i'm sure it would).. You could try 98% Acetone from KMart (Recochem - blue 1L can) I got a 4L tin of 99% IPA from http://www.radioparts.com.au/ i just checked it's not on their list anymore but if you give them a call they might still have it IPA is used a lot in electronics as a solvent to remove flux from circuit boards, so check local electronic shops otherwise just test a little bit of your Isocol, or acetone, or Polish Pure Spirit (or some other 200 proof alcohol)

halou
#16 Posted : 7/20/2007 7:39:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah i thought against it, did some googleing and picked up some 99.7% isopropyl alc from Dick Smiths.

Viracocha
#17 Posted : 7/20/2007 7:42:04 AM

..still lc..

that's the way good work

halou
#18 Posted : 7/20/2007 5:56:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yep, it worked well. On a slightly different tangent, what do you guys find to be good for the base plant matter? The salvia is ok but ive had much smoother changa made by other people. OP mentioned brugmansia, any other suggestions?

Viracocha
#19 Posted : 7/23/2007 5:46:07 AM

..still lc..

Totally depends on the experience you want I've had blends which took me to electro-psychedelic space-type places, some that took me to a real earth like place with little psychedelic spins on everything (like an electronic universe inside a girls bicycle wheel) on a sunny day and a guy with a hat hehe, and other which consistently took me to a real dark underground gangrenous-swamp 10 story tall insects with limbs falling off.. argh ewwwww basically, the leaf can totally sway the experience ime personally i like the clean experience, the two best things i've found for this are Mugwort and Pau d'Arco leaf Wink at a 1:1 ratio of spice to leaf i also find the stronger the ratio (1:1 being the strongest you'd really go - i don't think much more actually fits inside the leaf) the more of a classic dmt experience it is but i have a buddy that swears by a mix of caapi, mashi-hiri, and passionflower peppermint is a little too hard to smoke -- for me that is perhaps something like 1:1:2 of mugwortRazzassionflower:spice would be a real nice combo as the passionflower gives it a real earthly feel (the earth-like place i mention above) plus is a weakish moai which could make the trip a little longer Smile caapi would do the same and possibly better but i know caapi was used in my horid insect yuck fucker shit place and i don't know what i attribute that too but i suspect caapi had a fair say.. i think brug was used also and i find brug introduces young black children (i dunno man) and more greens, yellows, and browns, especially if not much spice is used so yeah, choices when you find one you like let us all know!

Deemster Teamster
#20 Posted : 7/29/2007 12:33:24 AM
DMT-Nexus member

is there any reason not to use 91% isopropyl alcohol to do this? they only had 70% and 91% at the drug stores I checked. the only other ingredient in the 91% IPA is water so I dont think it would be a problem, but who knows?

12NEXT