We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
DMT solubility in Propylene Glycol (PG) Options

fastfred
#21 Posted : 8/8/2013 1:05:16 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Vodsel wrote:
Supersaturation would hardly be a solution for the stated purpose, since as soon as the solvent temperature went down once PG is loaded in the cartomizer, DMT would slowly precipitate clogging the device.

You would let the solution cool to room temp, leaving you with the most saturated solution possible with PG at room temp. Or you could do as I suggested and drip it directly onto the atomizer.

There's really no point in loading it into a cart, I can see that causing all sorts of trouble with the wicking and delivery. Chromatographing the mixture along the polyfill in the cart could even cause some separation and end up precipitating some at points in the poly.

If you can't get an active dose from 1 or 2 drops then the whole thing is a bust, and I don't see why you'd bother loading up a cart to deliver a drop or two to the atomizer.

Even if you had to prepare a few drops like a junkie draws up a dose of heroin (heating the spoon and all), I think quite a few people would think it's a good method.

In any case, if someone doesn't try a supersaturated hot drip into a HV atomizer then the question of weather or not this method is possible will remain unanswered.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

The Neural
#22 Posted : 8/8/2013 2:42:52 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fastfred wrote:
Vodsel wrote:
Supersaturation would hardly be a solution for the stated purpose, since as soon as the solvent temperature went down once PG is loaded in the cartomizer, DMT would slowly precipitate clogging the device.

You would let the solution cool to room temp, leaving you with the most saturated solution possible with PG at room temp. Or you could do as I suggested and drip it directly onto the atomizer.

There's really no point in loading it into a cart, I can see that causing all sorts of trouble with the wicking and delivery. Chromatographing the mixture along the polyfill in the cart could even cause some separation and end up precipitating some at points in the poly.

If you can't get an active dose from 1 or 2 drops then the whole thing is a bust, and I don't see why you'd bother loading up a cart to deliver a drop or two to the atomizer.

Even if you had to prepare a few drops like a junkie draws up a dose of heroin (heating the spoon and all), I think quite a few people would think it's a good method.

In any case, if someone doesn't try a supersaturated hot drip into a HV atomizer then the question of weather or not this method is possible will remain unanswered.

Thanks for the extra points. They are taken. The experiment will proceed as before, and if there is time for another in the future, these will be the points to be amended.

As for your last remark, the question on this method's possibility will not remain unanswered by using a 1ml solution, instead of direct drops on the atomizer. Direct drops is a good method, possibly much better than 1ml, but does not negate the possibility of achieving results with a different method, and this different method is what is at hand for the OP (not for everyone, but to the OP).

If we are to venture on the validity of the experiment, I might as well create another thread, once the said solution gets supersaturated. Until then, please let's remain on the question of exact solubility (which has not been answered yet).

What you don't understand, you can make mean anything. - Chuck P.

Disclaimer and clarification: This member has been having brief intermittent spells of inattention. It looks as if he is daydreaming in place. During those distracting moments, he automatically generates fictional content, and asks about it in this forum for feedback. He has a lot of questions, and is a pain in the arse.

The Neural
#23 Posted : 8/8/2013 2:46:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infundibulum wrote:

There most certaintly has to be a way; eve though I haven't tried it, If you dilute the PG-dmt mixture in a much greater volume of acetone and then salt it out with FASA you have good chances of getting the DMT back.

This definitely warrants a separate thread, on recovering DMT from PG ! What a wonderful suggestion. If the current experiment does not work, we will proceed with the salting indeed.

What you don't understand, you can make mean anything. - Chuck P.

Disclaimer and clarification: This member has been having brief intermittent spells of inattention. It looks as if he is daydreaming in place. During those distracting moments, he automatically generates fictional content, and asks about it in this forum for feedback. He has a lot of questions, and is a pain in the arse.

whippits
#24 Posted : 5/5/2015 7:33:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So I am here to resurrect this thread from the depths.

I have been making my own ejuice for 2 years now and I use a mechanical mod with a dripper atomizer. This is ideal because the is no chance of the DMT clogging up ports when using a saturated solution.

I have an entire gallon of food grade PG at my disposal, and will soon have a significant amount of DMT to test it on.

There is no need to conduct a recovery phase from the PG should this be unsusccessful. PG is very easily evaporated, and usually does not leave a residue. I would probably still wash the DMT anyway however.

Once my pulls are complete, I'll begin collecting data for this. While it'll never be an effective way to vaporize DMT for people with cartomizers, it would be certainly be a good delivery method using a mechanical mod + RDA.

After testing the solubility, I'm sure I'll need to make some adjustments to the build on the atomizer. Currently I have it setup to run 0.2 ohms which I feel would burn the DMT instead of vaporizing it. I'll post my results on that as well.

anrchy
#25 Posted : 5/6/2015 12:07:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

There is an entire thread on using an ecig with dmt. The one that I posted on the most has the most up to date info on what we have found so far. I am currently not investing any time into this anymore but may pick it back up at some point.

I recommend you start with a small mixture. From my experience dmt starts to rapidly degrade when suspended in PG. I was able to get 1g dmt to dissolve in 1ml of PG. Imo that is more than enough. 250mg dmt in 1ml isn't enough. If I find the thread I'll link it here.

Edit: here it is...
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...sts&t=50843&p=16
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

PREV12