We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Genuine Ayahuasca retreats Options

drill
#21 Posted : 8/5/2013 8:17:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

brainforest wrote:
A donation based retreat sounds perfect.

Yea, but they are still rather expensive before you even 'donate' LMFAO!

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

brainforest
#22 Posted : 8/5/2013 10:39:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ha.................If you've any other suggestions I'm all ears.

Peace
"Better safe than sectioned."

drill
#23 Posted : 8/5/2013 10:45:31 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Like don't charge an expensive start price before talking about a donation model, as if you're 'green', or appealing to the good nature of people, or even 'doing them a favor! Some would call it clever marketting targetting guilty emotions. I'm not a fan of it because of that, but would possibly reconsider if their start price would be like $350 less than it currently is.
If you do your research, you will find affordable places, or be able to negotiate a fair price without any new age'ey nonsense.

brainforest
#24 Posted : 8/5/2013 10:49:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah of course I know what you're saying. I suppose what I'm saying is, I want somewhere that doesn't have a website, if that makes any sense. So I'm just asking for peoples personal experiences.

Peace

drill
#25 Posted : 8/5/2013 10:55:07 AM
DMT-Nexus member

brainforest wrote:
Yeah of course I know what you're saying. I suppose what I'm saying is, I want somewhere that doesn't have a website, if that makes any sense. So I'm just asking for peoples personal experiences.Peace

You'll find those curanderos in San Francisco de Yarinacocha, Pucallpa. Also in Iquitos if you ask the tourist office they can supply info that you may not find so easily on the net. A lot of it is word of mouth, spread by friends, etc. You will need good bargaining skills and need to have a good idea of reasonable costs too.

brainforest
#26 Posted : 8/5/2013 10:57:58 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah that's what I'm thinking.

Peace

SignusAldrich
#27 Posted : 8/12/2013 3:54:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

"You need to travel to Tena, the capital of province of Napo, for example in a direct bus from Quito (5 hour ride). From Tena, you take a $6 taxi to Kuyaloma, small Kichwa community located on the road to Misahualli. There is a school up the road, and they live next to it. They have a nice and clean lodge and big ceremonial temple. I just recommend visiting them outside of Friday, Saturday and Sunday, when the communit is noisy. On noisy days, you can arrange a ceremony in a remote cabin in Paso Urku. It is advisable to first make a visit in Kuyaloma and set up a date for the ceremony (sometimes it is possible to drink the very night of your arrival). When you are there, please say hello from me, Juan Rayu Rumi, so that they know I am helping them in this way. Much blessings, Jan"

^This is a followup email about what i got from my tourguide in RE: to the Ecudorian sector.

brainforest
#28 Posted : 8/12/2013 8:06:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi, thanks for that. Sincerely.

This sounds like the kind of thing I'm aiming for. I won't be going until early next year but I will definitely send your regards.

Hopefully we can stay in touch via this forum up until then anyway.

Peace/love.

I shall read some of your articles in the mean time.

I like to share experiences and your advice on the Aya matter has been greatly appreciated.
Thumbs up

virtusvelox
#29 Posted : 8/12/2013 10:07:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Probably get pounded on for this bit o' heresy, try solo?
Not near as much travel, around folks you want to be around, not those that are assigned to you to be around, titrate your own levels and enjoy the journey Big grin

Heresy ended Big grin
Virt
TIME; Natures way of making sure everything, doesn't happen at once! author unkwn

brainforest
#30 Posted : 8/12/2013 10:32:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I will most happily go solo. In fact, I want as raw an experience as I can get.

Peace

h1gg1n5
#31 Posted : 9/25/2013 7:13:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The suggestions in this thread have been great.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone that posted links and I have look at them all. This is such a better way to hear what people have experienced than just endlessly searching google for days on end.

Please post anymore recommended retreats.

sidefx
#32 Posted : 1/14/2014 2:20:57 AM

Is it Greedy to want to see everyone's Smile ?

I would agree that Peru is the easiest option, with the most options.
But if you do some precise searches, I know you can find many ceremonies in all countries bordering the Amazona.
And im sure the few you can find outside Peru, are very personal, and more adventurous of the natural world of the plants than most Peruvian retreats.
And if you want to do some wandering, and you speak sufficient 'LinGo' you could 'get to know' the places with retreats, and find a very 'off the beaten track' Ceremony.
I know this is not as easy for some, but probably most desirable for all.

im living in Colombia in this moment, and here I have stumbled across a very lovely Curandero'
'the universe will unfold perfectly'

I have decided I would Love to experience Yage ~ Aya, in all south American countries I travel, within the Amazon, {where we find each other}

I believe, so far as I can find online, Olympus Mon's recommend is the best for overall.

Also I found this one which is also very delectable.

http://www.kapitari.org/...retreat-in-iquitos-peru/

"Given enough Time even Hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going"

sidefx
#33 Posted : 1/14/2014 10:49:11 PM

I would have to Agree,
that the Buisiness of 'The mother vine' is a very Prosperous, and competitive one!

I really don't think a few days or a week, is enough to heal half a life time.

more like a month or more I believe I would need, but the cost for a month almost anywhere is out of my hands ..... ... .

Does anyone know of a place that would except money and Good old labour ?
I don't have too much money huh

I think when I make it to Peru, I will be visiting Olympus's Amigos, im only saddened they removed their,
One month stays, but im sure they would help out with something when asked kindly Smile
"Given enough Time even Hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going"

sidefx
#34 Posted : 1/15/2014 6:19:51 PM

WOW

Just stumbled across this place in Iquitos

Seems almost too good to be true !!

http://www.manitiexpedit....com/maniti/gallery.html

They do journeys into the Forest
as well as Ayahuasca trips
perfect for me

huhu actually the price is only half, for a deposit, but maybe still ok

sidefx
#35 Posted : 1/16/2014 10:36:56 PM

This place looks very tranquil
not exactly the cheapest, $100 per ceremony Aya or Peyote

but you can camp each night for $20
and then do ceremonies as you want !
and its in COSTA RICA, JUNGLE, RIVERS PURE, Waterfalls

they say they are *negotiable*, *My word',
for *Work Exchange* *Their word' Pleased

http://solcircle.org/forest-call-prices

Cazman043
#36 Posted : 6/30/2014 11:04:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great post, thank you Olympos for the referral, i am contacting the Amrita Centre as we speak.

dmt7
#37 Posted : 1/24/2015 4:31:36 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for all this information.
I have been to Selva Madre, I definitely recommend as a genuine place. The retreat is very safe and serious from what I have experienced.

They prepare the brew with a lot of care and that is very important to me!

PREV12