We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
An Introduction to Shamanism (pdf) Options

Creo
#1 Posted : 7/21/2013 7:05:42 PM

DMT-Nexus member

'An Introduction to Shamanism' by Thomas A. DuBois at the University of Wisconsin-Madison:

http://scandinavian.wisc...s/IntotoShamanismPDF.pdf

There are some interesting stories in there (often excerpts from other books).

Quote:
Hunting shamans was his favorite pastime and sport. A captured shaman was usually invited aboard his boat and received with honor. Glass would talk to him in a friendly manner, inquiring about his life, the number of his yéik (spirits), the extent of their strength and power, etc. Then he would announce that he was also a shaman who owned yéik and suggested that they compete against each other. Upon his order, a charged electric battery was brought out. The shaman was asked to hold the wires in his hands, while the two poles were being connected. The shaman’s body would begin to twist. His own people, witnessing his strange and funny poses and hearing his screams and moans, became frightened. The shaman himself learned a practical lesson about the power of his white colleague. But the captain did not stop at that. Shamans always left his boat with their heads shaved and covered with oil paint, and having promised not to practice shamanism anymore.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Purges
#2 Posted : 7/22/2013 5:55:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, I have been doing a fair bit of reading around this subject recently, and this looks like a good read! Very happy Gold star for you my friend!
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3