We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Few questions on Cybs hybrid ATB salt tek Options

lloydy2013
#1 Posted : 7/19/2013 8:46:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM just wanted to double check a couple things on Cybs hybrid ATB salt tek since SWIM tried his first extraction a couple days ago and failed just wanted to check a few things before trying again.
Link to tek being used:
https://wiki.dmt-nexus.m...ybrid_ATB_%27Salt%27_Tek

1) There is no defatting step in this guide would SWIM get any benefits from defatting as an extra step included after the salting and before the basifying ? also if there would be any benefit how much naptha should SWIM use each time to defat ?

2) SWIM just wanted to check a few things about step 6 (adding the non-polar solvent)
here is step 6 copy and pasted:

Measure out 50ml of naphtha (lighter fluid) and pour into the bottle.
Lightly shake and roll the mixture in a 'figure of 8' fashion (or like peddling a bike) for 20-30 seconds.(The idea is for the naphtha to 'touch' every part of the base mix)
Unscrew the cap momentarily to release any pressure build-up then tighten again.
Place back in a heat bath. (Heated pulls draw more product)
Leave for a while until the naphtha separates again. (edit: This has been reported to take an hour or so the first time (occasionally))
REPEAT THIS four times (shake/separate) to thoroughly mix them together. This should take around 45 mins.

SWIM wondered where it says REPEAT THIS FOUR TIMES , does this mean adding an extra 50ml of naptha each time, ending with 200ml of naptha for the pulls ? or does this mean exactly what it says just shake and leave to separate four times? SWIM thought 50ml of naptha was a very small amount to put into the roasting dish 200ml sounded more right to him?

3) SWIM wondered when pulling instead of doing 3 pulls and using 3 roasting dishes, couldn't 3 pulls all be put into the same roasting dish to freeze?
SWIM also wanted to check if mason jars would be fine to use instead of roasting dishes, and if so how would go about scraping the crystals out?

SWIM wanted to say a big thank you in advance for anyone who gets the time to read this and reply and couldn't express enough how grateful would be and how HUGE of a help would be

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Orion
#2 Posted : 7/19/2013 9:53:28 PM

DMT-Nexus member

1)Since the bark stays in at the base stage, defatting is pointless, it's gonna get messy anyway.

2) You could add it all at once, but it will be harder to tell if you have it all based on how much clouding occurs when you blow on each pull. It's 50 per pull, mix and separate many times, then repeat with another 50.

3) I'm just skimming the tek but I think only one roasting dish is used here.

Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

Jees
#3 Posted : 7/20/2013 8:06:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You'll have to scrape some off with a razor blade or so, the jars are too deep for that.

Eris
#4 Posted : 7/21/2013 2:30:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

2. You add 50ml of Naphtha each pull, and for each extraction you do 5-6 pulls. When your doing each pull you add the naphtha and it will form a seperate layer, then you shake it up so they mix together. This is what your repeating 4 times. After you shake it up it usually takes about 10-20 minutes for the naptha to completely seperate from the solution, once the layers are completely seperate, you shake it again.

So your shaking the solution and waiting for it to separate for a total of five times for each pull. All together each pull should take 1-2 hours.

3. Do not combine each pull into one dish, you will always get lower yields if you combine them.

I would Highly recommend using glass baking dishes over mason-jars. The reason being is that the mason jars are extremely difficult to scrape. Also any rounded surfaces are extremely difficult to scrape.

scottishdnb
#5 Posted : 11/19/2013 8:06:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

The Tek Says to use 3 Glass Roasting Dishes to do 5 Pulls? So how many pulls is there to each dish ?

Smile

cyb
#6 Posted : 11/19/2013 8:12:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

scottishdnb wrote:
The Tek Says to use 3 Glass Roasting Dishes to do 5 Pulls? So how many pulls is there to each dish ?

Smile

One pull per dish (3 in the freezer on the first day)
BUT
You can combine all your pulls into one dish if you like...but you must evap away some of the volume before freezing first to concentrate it...(around half if have all your pulls in together)

It's better to save and reuse all your solvent though, rather than evapping it (save your pennies)
Thumbs up
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

HumbleTraveler
#7 Posted : 11/19/2013 8:17:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

scottishdnb wrote:

Smile

You add 50ml, agitate the mixture by gently rolling 4x, and then after the final agitation, remove the naphtha and transfer it to a dish and place it in the freezer. You dont want 200ml of naphtha in your extraction vessel at one time. Its 50ml each pull.

SWIM usually does the 1st pull in its own dish, then 2-3 and 3-4 in their own dish, but in a slightly larger size dish to help spread out the surface area. You dont want the naphtha to get deep in a confined space. SWIM never had success with mason jars. Pyrex dishes are the truth, much easier to work with.

Also, SWIM has always defatted prior to salting. Just 1 pull with 50ml of naphtha. Once thats done, salt and then basify. The defat seems to help, swim left the defat out once and there was actually a very significant amount more goo. With a defat, swim usually never sees goo. Its 98% crystals with very very little gooing.

Remember to keep everything warm/hot. Super super hot is not necessary as Cyb touched on that somewhere at some point, hot is good, scalding hot is bad.
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

scottishdnb
#8 Posted : 11/20/2013 4:38:13 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Thank you Cyb & HumbleTraveller for the additional details. I would like to ask. Would a re-x after scraping off the dishes eliminate these adhesive molecules?

HumbleTraveler
#9 Posted : 11/20/2013 7:05:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It certainly will yes. In SWIM's experience, the only goo he gets is a very minor film that coats the base of the dish and the crystals sit on top of this film. It isnt even yellow, its very very opaque until scraped, then the color is a very obvious intense golden brown color. Depending on the humidity, it can be lighter or darker. The Crystal formations themselves are always very pure thankfully, but when it comes time to actually scrape them up, there is a very small base of goo that holds them together.

While it is minor, swim usually trys to either cut this layer away with a second blade to separate the xtals from the goo to avoid re-crystallization. But with that said, a re-x would certainly do the job of eliminating any goo/impurities left behind in the xtals themselves and the binding goo layer below.

I know that many say goo is good and adds its own act to the show, but in swim's experience, it requires a lot of delicacy when attempting to vaporize because the slightest overheating, it will burn and absolutely rape your throat and lungs with a tremendously discomforting pain. I dont smoke cigarettes and never have, but the feeling I could imagine is like smoking cigarettes with strep throat. It burns and feels like pins are stuck in your throat. If youre an experienced smoker though, it may not even phase you.

SWIM placed some goo once onto a baking sheet and did a little experiment to see how it behaved when a flame was applied to it. A torch was held approximately 2-3 inches away and waved back and forth, after about 6 or 7 seconds of gently applying heat it melted down and as soon as it liquified it went POOF and the liquid goo disappeared into a thick white smoke. It was like an on/off switch and is exactly the opposite of freebase, which vaporizes pretty effortlessly without worrying about burning/scorching it.

"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

cyb
#10 Posted : 11/20/2013 8:02:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

If you are using mhrb, a layer of clear, sticky goo is potent (uncrystalized) spice...
With acrb the goo is a mix of dmt/nmt...still very potent by weight and often more desirable.
You can scrape everything together and re-x...anything you don't want will be left behind.

slugware
#11 Posted : 11/20/2013 10:24:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello, kind travellers

I can't find any non-iodized salt at the stores where i live.

But at home i have some himalayan salt, can i use it instead ?

It is non-iodized, but it says it contains some other nutrition additives such Magnesium?

is this what i see here on the nexus reffered as rock salt ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Himalayan_salt

cyb
#12 Posted : 11/20/2013 10:27:11 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
can i use it instead ?

Yep, that'll do just fine Wink

slugware
#13 Posted : 11/20/2013 10:40:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks a bunch Pleased

HumbleTraveler
#14 Posted : 11/20/2013 7:29:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Spiritofspice wrote:
Swim finds that if no salt is added to the based mix the pulls are much cleaner.
Salt was added to the mix this time and it pulled heaps of goo.
The same batch of bark yielded cleaner spice with no salt added.
50g of bark yielded .7 of a gram of spice without salt in 3 pulls.
When salt was added and after re crystallisation of the goo the total yield was only.3 of a gram

Hmm, I feel like you may have your order a little off based off what you just said.

You said you salt your basified mixture. Youre supposed to salt while still in the acid stage just prior to basifying.

Also, you cant exactly attempt to re-x goo. Goo is what you eliminate when re-xing. Re-x'ing is meant for purifying xtals of goo.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding what youre saying and just stated the obvious to you! Smile

Edit: I see now your last statement you simply meant that your .7g total turned into .3 after re-x. Since you did have heavy goo, that sounds normal because goo is epicly heavy and dense.

Did you in fact salt your mixture after basifying or before?

Smile

cyb
#15 Posted : 11/20/2013 7:51:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you're using ACRB, Goo is what you will get more often than not.
It's a mix of NMT/betacarbolines and DMT and it's the good stuff. (92%+)

Embrace the Goo! Pleased

See ..Enough GOO questions! read this..

HumbleTraveler
#16 Posted : 11/20/2013 7:55:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cyb whats your take on dosage if one was to smoke JUST goo? If a normal dose of freebase is say 20mg, would one also do 20mg of goo?

I ask simply because the weight of goo by volume is far more than that of freebase.

Smile

cyb
#17 Posted : 11/20/2013 8:09:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

HumbleTraveler wrote:
Cyb whats your take on if one was to smoke JUST goo? If a normal dose of freebase is say 20mg, would one also do 20mg of goo?
I ask simply because the weight of goo by volume is far more than that of freebase.

Difficult to say...I've never used Goo. From what I've read it's more useful for making eLeaf or Changa...
Prolonged scraping, chopping and drying should turn it into a workable consistancy but because of the difference in density, only a very small blob would be needed.
Having said that, a % of that blob would be NMT and, although not a pokey as FB Xtals, it is still quite active.
Caution should be observed. Wink

HumbleTraveler
#18 Posted : 11/21/2013 5:36:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

cyb wrote:
HumbleTraveler wrote:
Cyb whats your take on if one was to smoke JUST goo? If a normal dose of freebase is say 20mg, would one also do 20mg of goo?

Difficult to say...I've never used Goo. From what I've read it's more useful for making eLeaf or Changa...
Prolonged scraping, chopping and drying should turn it into a workable consistancy but because of the difference in density, only a very small blob would be needed.
Having said that, a % of that blob would be NMT and, although not a pokey as FB Xtals, it is still quite active.
Caution should be observed. Wink

Haha it does make a little more sense used in the mix for changa.

Ive yet to make changa. And as of now, goo's not for me, Im not there yet haha.

Smile

slugware
#19 Posted : 11/21/2013 8:04:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't want to spam lloydy2013's thread, but I have a question again, and i feel this thread is more appropriate to ask at.

Cyb, you advised me in the official extraction help thread some time ago

Quote:
'95% acetic is strong, you won't need much. (vinegar is only 5%)'
Wink

The acetic acid i have is 95 %, and this the only acid i can use atm. So you're saying it's too strong ?

Can I use it though for your hybrid tek? If so, what should be the ratios, if, let's say i extract from 50g MHRB/ ? Maybe less acid, or it should be the same as described in the tek (60 ml acid to 200 ml distilled water.) Do i have to dilute the acid somehow? Should the warming be treated in a different manner?

scottishdnb
#20 Posted : 11/21/2013 8:25:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

When I have my 3 dishes in the freezer, does it matter where should I store my bottle containing the mixture?

Also, is the UK brand of K2 Lighter Fluid okay to use?

12NEXT