We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT-containing plant for a cold climate Options

Ginkgo
#1 Posted : 5/10/2009 4:40:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello people,

Let me introduce myself, as this is my first post in here. I am an experienced psychonaut from Norway. I greatly enjoy the plant gifts that survives our cold climate, which is (counting only entheogens) Psilocybe Semilanceata, Amanita Muscaria and the DMT-containing Phalaris Aquatica. I also cultivate numerous plants inside, including Peruvian Torch and Morning Glory.

However, I am in search for a DMT-containing plant that easily can be grown inside. I already have a Mimosa Tenuiflora, but I have no expectations that I will ever get some root bark from it. Therefore, I am looking for another species. As I live in Norway, it has to be able to live without alot of sun - the winter is long and cold here. It will be kept inside at winter, so I don't think temperature will be a problem, but the humidity is always low. So it needs to be able to withstand some pretty harsh periods of minimal sun and low humidity.

The plant I am looking for contains alot of DMT in the leaves, and hopefully not too much 5-MeO-DMT and 5-OH-DMT. The right plant will get alot of love and care. I hope you will be able to help me! Smile

Love and light,
Evening Glory

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

burnt
#2 Posted : 5/10/2009 9:15:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Well psychotria viridis can be grown indoors but then your probably going to need some artificial climate control to keep it alive through the long cold dark winters.

Kannamate
#3 Posted : 5/10/2009 9:27:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah humidity chamber should work for psychotria viridis and spray it every once in a while and get some fluorescent lights. If some reports are true about phalaris brachystachys that would be a good plant w/o humidity requirements.

'Coatl
#4 Posted : 5/10/2009 11:19:11 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Psychotria doesn't really need a humidity chamber once it is past the seedling stage.

Quote:
However, I am in search for a DMT-containing plant that easily can be grown inside.

I would say Phalaris grass, Mimosa, Psychotria and Diplopterys.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Ginkgo
#5 Posted : 5/11/2009 12:51:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

'Coatl wrote:
I would say Phalaris grass, Mimosa, Psychotria and Diplopterys.

I already got alot of Phalaris Arundinacea growing outside, and Phalaris Aquatica grows wild. I am not a big fan of Phalaris-grass, very low DMT content and too much 5-MeO-DMT and 5-OH-DMT.

Are there any Mimosa species with DMT in the leaves? Both Diplopterys Cabrerana and Psychotria Viridis looks great with a clean, high amount of DMT! What are the pros and cons?

'Coatl
#6 Posted : 5/11/2009 1:22:39 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Well it's hard to find Diplopterys.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

Kannamate
#7 Posted : 5/11/2009 1:24:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Phalaris brachystachys is supposedly the most pure dmt grass there is with a myth of having 3% dmt. While I might not believe that trouts notes do say it has a strong occurrence of DMT and has some good reports on edot. Good luck finding Diplopterys Cabrerana seeds,or cuttings and if you know a place I can get some besides traveling to Brazil let me know by pm. Acacia obtusifolia has dmt in the leaves might be worth checking out I used to have a link for the amounts of the acacias bark/leaves,but it doesn't work anymore(was working a month ago) for some reason it was on mulga.yage.net.

Ginkgo
#8 Posted : 5/11/2009 4:17:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It sounds like Psychotria Viridis is the way to go for me, and I will keep my eyes open for Diplopterys Cabrerana.

Phalaris Brachystachys sounds interesting, Kannamate, but I have noe belief that it usually contains 2-3 % DMT. That must be the number from a super strain. But from what I found the mixture of alkaloids seems good, so I might plant some of this grass if it can be cultivated outside in this climate, like P. Aquatica and P. Arundicea can.

Thanks for the help everyone! Smile

Kannamate
#9 Posted : 5/11/2009 4:34:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

yeah I don't believe it much either there was one user on edot that had very high praise for it though so worth looking into. Big medicine is another phalaris that could be ok too.

narmz
#10 Posted : 5/11/2009 5:24:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe desmanthus illinoensis or desmanthus leptolobus would do well? Here is an interesting grow log.
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

Ginkgo
#11 Posted : 5/11/2009 5:34:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

narmz wrote:
Maybe desmanthus illinoensis or desmanthus leptolobus would do well? Here is an interesting grow log.

Both of these Desmanthus have DMT in the root bark only, making cultivation for later use very hard. I already got a Mimosa Tenuiflora (or Hostilis, as many know it as), but it grows to slow to ever yield any good amount of DMT. I am looking for a plant that got DMT in the leaves, not only the bark. Smile

narmz
#12 Posted : 5/11/2009 3:15:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've heard the Desmanthus, assuming you have some yard available, takes over pretty quick, and reaches maturity in only a few months. Simply collect the seeds, uproot, plant, and repeat.
Everything I post is made up fiction. SWIM represents a character who is not based in or on reality.

Ginkgo
#13 Posted : 5/11/2009 3:28:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

narmz wrote:
I've heard the Desmanthus, assuming you have some yard available, takes over pretty quick, and reaches maturity in only a few months. Simply collect the seeds, uproot, plant, and repeat.

Not a bad idea, thank you! As we are already in May I will not try it this year, but I am going to try next year.

DreaMT
#14 Posted : 5/18/2009 12:52:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I know you asked about indoor plants, but since the thread title states "for a cold climate", I will point out that numerous sources have reported Desmanthus leptolobus and Phalaris brachystachys to be consistent carriers in temperate climates. Both of those are cold hardy to at least USDA Zone 6. In Norway, this climate would be confined to the western and southern edges of the country, as can be seen in this USDA Hardiness Map of Scandinavia.

Ginkgo
#15 Posted : 5/21/2009 11:55:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you, I will look into the two species you mentioned! By the way, according to the USDA Hardiness map you posted, I am in zone 7.

I have now obtained 5 Psychotria viridis seeds. I read some places that the germination rate can be as high as 65-80 %, however at Wikipedia it states that it can be as low as 1 %. I realize that this has alot to do with the age of the seeds, but what is normally the right number? I also read that the seeds can take as long as 6 months to germinate, is this normal?

kemist
#16 Posted : 5/22/2009 2:16:15 AM

John

Evening Glory wrote:

Are there any Mimosa species with DMT in the leaves? Both Diplopterys Cabrerana and Psychotria Viridis looks great with a clean, high amount of DMT! What are the pros and cons?

Not true Diplopterys Cabrerana can contain significant amount of 5 Meo DMT...

look like that psychotria is only choice
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

Kannamate
#17 Posted : 5/22/2009 3:55:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

not that you would be able to find a diplopterys plant,or seeds anyway(unless you went to brazil,or had some connections where it grows) so yes psychotria is the only option.

Dorge
#18 Posted : 5/22/2009 4:48:24 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

i am so happy to hear people exploring this more!!!
http://www.shroomery.org...p/Number/7314802#7314802
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/