We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Espresso percolator tek? Options

leon
#1 Posted : 7/17/2013 5:31:23 AM
aimsiú fhírinne

Using an espresso maker like this, Fill the bottom compartment with acetone and add citric acid. Place the funnel into the bottom cup and fill it with root bark ground as fine as possible. Screw on the top and place it on an electric heater. (note that acetone is flammable so conduct this under a fume hood or outside.)
Then make a FASA solution and get it as cold as possible. Once the hot acetone passes threw the bark it will return to its liquid state. Add this immediately to the cold acetone and let DMT Fumarate precipitate out. I haven't conducted this experiment yet and would like to get input on its efficiency and if there are any hazards I cant foresee.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Jarppi
#2 Posted : 7/18/2013 10:07:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wouldn't it be safer to use acidified water in the espresso maker? I have one of these and I suppose the acetone would evaporate from the top compartment due to the heat. If you can find one big enough to make it worth your while it'd be interesting to test this as a possibly faster technique for an A/B.
"Do more of what makes you happy"

leon
#3 Posted : 7/18/2013 11:08:08 PM
aimsiú fhírinne

I plan on buying a 9 cup stainless steel version, il try both methods. I plan on covering the top part with aluminum foil and ice. Maybe rigging it so the top cup was able to be water cooled. What about using a steam distilation kit with acetone and rootbark? You could mix citric acid in with the rootbark and then steam it, if you use acidified water wouldnt it just sepperate the citrite or the acitic acid from the water. I think if i came up with a good way to seal and make the top perc into a condenser it could be an easy diy home distilation setup.

Du57mi73
#4 Posted : 8/17/2013 8:59:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

How's that going? Get the stainless steel one yet? Id like to see what comes of this.
"I am cursed by the blossoming knowledge of my feminine ideal and she looks suspiciously like you."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -AE

Kerberos
#5 Posted : 12/4/2013 9:49:30 AM

Michael

Bumping this to see if anything came of this?

Has anyone tried this equipment for a rue extraction?
Kerberos attached the following image(s):
stainless.JPG (152kb) downloaded 125 time(s).
and when the world stops
you will find me there
waiting to embrace you

Infundibulum
#6 Posted : 12/4/2013 10:18:45 AM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Interesting ideas. I've tried using the macchinetta (as per first post) a while ago and I wouldn't recommend it. I took detailed notes of the experiment but never go to post them - I will do so this evening so others can maybe see if they can modify the approach to actually yield something.

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Kerberos
#7 Posted : 12/4/2013 12:39:20 PM

Michael

Infundibulum wrote:
Interesting ideas. I've tried using the macchinetta (as per first post) a while ago and I wouldn't recommend it. I took detailed notes of the experiment but never go to post them - I will do so this evening so others can maybe see if they can modify the approach to actually yield something.

Thank you Infundibulum i would be intrested in reading your findings. I am about to play with some rue seeds (because they are cheap!) and wouldnt mind building on what you have developed so far.

I'll reserve saying what i was going to try until i have read your post. Don't want to appear stupid/erSmile
and when the world stops
you will find me there
waiting to embrace you

Infundibulum
#8 Posted : 12/6/2013 12:32:06 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

Kerberos wrote:
Infundibulum wrote:

Thank you Infundibulum i would be intrested in reading your findings. I am about to play with some rue seeds (because they are cheap!) and wouldnt mind building on what you have developed so far.

I'll reserve saying what i was going to try until i have read your post. Don't want to appear stupid/erSmile

Hi,

Please check this thread to see the findings,

Cheers,
Infun

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Kerberos
#9 Posted : 12/9/2013 7:22:37 PM

Michael

Thank you Infun, checking that link.
and when the world stops
you will find me there
waiting to embrace you

leon
#10 Posted : 1/6/2014 7:18:01 AM
aimsiú fhírinne

Wow guys cool to see something came of this. I posted the idea after someone made me coffee with one traveling threw Chicago. I'm no longer traveling so maybe I can actually try it.