We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV123NEXT
RATE :) First flush in a shotgun chamber. see pics. Options

Nathanial.Dread
#21 Posted : 7/30/2013 8:50:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Do the mushrooms loose potency as they start to let out spores?
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

ArizonaBay
#22 Posted : 7/30/2013 10:43:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Not necessarily. It is my understanding that when they go to spore they cease to produce any more psilocybin. So when people say to pick them right before/after the veil breaks, it is due to it having the highest goodies by weight that it will ever have. That is how it was explained to me, anyway. And a lot of people say spores make them taste worse. I'm indifferent but I try not to let them spore so it will have enough oomph for more flushes. In my experience I got better multiple flushes on cakes where little or no mushies went to spore. The ones that did didnt produce as well after the initial flush.

chemicaly changed
#23 Posted : 7/31/2013 4:15:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://s1086.photobucket...icaly_changed/slideshow/
Everything I write is pure insanity and should not be taken seriously.

Mush !!!

Pup Tentacle
#24 Posted : 7/31/2013 4:43:03 PM

lettuce

chemicaly changed wrote:
http://s1086.photobucket.com/user/chemicaly_changed/slideshow/

says the library is private Sad
Pup Tentacle

You are precisely as big as what you love and precisely as small as what you allow to annoy you.
Robert Anton Wilson
Mushroom Greenhouse How-To
I'm no pro but I know a a few things - always willing to help with Psilocybe cubensis cultivation questions.

chemicaly changed
#25 Posted : 7/31/2013 5:46:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Pup Tentacle wrote:
chemicaly changed wrote:
http://s1086.photobucket.com/user/chemicaly_changed/slideshow/

says the library is private Sad

TRY AGAIN Smile

Mush !!!

joshisom
#26 Posted : 8/3/2013 6:08:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

im 20 ow just got my spres in the mail B+ mexicana tresure coast and one more i forget im thinking about using bags this time instead of jars and then once its colonized make a casing any advice?

chemicaly changed
#27 Posted : 8/5/2013 8:10:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Never tried bags...

B+ means nothing.

Mush !!!

joshisom
#28 Posted : 8/10/2013 12:38:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hat do you mean B+ means nothing

chemicaly changed
#29 Posted : 8/12/2013 1:37:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

strain of mushrooms does not exist. I suggest you read the post on the shroomery about mushroom strains! Pleased p cubensis is a p cubensis

Mush !!!

anrchy
#30 Posted : 8/12/2013 2:03:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

chemicaly changed wrote:
strain of mushrooms does not exist. I suggest you read the post on the shroomery about mushroom strains! Pleased p cubensis is a p cubensis

I beg to differ. P Cubensis of different strains contain different amounts of psilocybin, psilocin, baeocystin and norbaeocystin. I know the effects are chalked up to "subjective" to some, but i have tried different strains at different times with different people and all agreed on the "subjective" effects that given strain had.

The last strain I had was very light for each person that took it. Less confusion, more controllable and less visual by far from what I have right now. Penis Envy is much stronger in dosage to most people, so how you can say that different strains of P Cubensis don't exist I do not know. Strains are usually designated by the region they grow in iirc.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

Gone-and-Back
#31 Posted : 8/12/2013 2:32:30 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I agree with Anrchy, there are different strains that give slightly different effects. I have had probably a total of ten different strains in my time, and each one has its own qualities to it. Some are more visual, while others are more of a body load with mental effects.

I agree that Penis Envy are actually stronger. I ate an eighth of those, which is my usual dose for any type of mushrooms, and was propelled WAY further into the realms that these provide then any other mushroom experience. I had even eaten shortly before hand, which reduces the effects for me. They are such a strong, and visually active strain, that I ceased to exist within this place we call reality. There was nothing left that was here in reality, it was all completely different. I was not even inside anymore, but instead in some mountainous valley region...There are no mountains where I live.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

chemicaly changed
#32 Posted : 8/12/2013 3:42:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

strain is not the word used to describe these differences.

Mush !!!

virtusvelox
#33 Posted : 8/12/2013 3:52:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Gone-and-Back wrote:
*edited for brevity only*
I agree that Penis Envy are actually stronger. I ate an eighth of those, which is my usual dose for any type of mushrooms, and was propelled WAY further into the realms that these provide then any other mushroom experience. I had even eaten shortly before hand, which reduces the effects for me. They are such a strong, and visually active strain, that I ceased to exist within this place we call reality. There was nothing left that was here in reality, it was all completely different. I was not even inside anymore, but instead in some mountainous valley region...There are no mountains where I live.

Excellent description, one would not recognize the terrain, if they hadn't seen it before Rolling eyes
I almost purchased the P envy, settled on Huautla for old time sake Laughing Will definitely get those on next grow.
TIME; Natures way of making sure everything, doesn't happen at once! author unkwn

anrchy
#34 Posted : 8/12/2013 4:21:52 AM

DMT-Nexus member

chemicaly changed wrote:
strain is not the word used to describe these differences.

Well instead of just stating your stand point why don't you outline what is used to describe these differences.

chemicaly changed
#35 Posted : 8/12/2013 4:32:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry about that, I was busy. Here you go: Why 'Race', 'Variety 'and 'Subvariety' are Often More Accurate Terms Than 'Strain':
When discussing different types of cubes in general, let's use the words 'Race' or 'Variety' instead of the word 'Strain'. Cubes, like humans, come from all over the world... and like humans, there can be some variety from one cube patch to another. It is time for some racial tension here in the world of cubes. Most cubes are named after the place where their original wild spore specimen was discovered... so Race is a logical (if imperfect) word to use when describing these different types of cubes. At the very least, it is more accurate and far less confusing than the word 'Strain'.

(Still busy, nont sure if this is going to help you but heres a link to the full article:v(click me!)

Mush !!!

anrchy
#36 Posted : 8/12/2013 4:42:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

actually just got done reading that... hmm

I still dont agree, but maybe im not understanding properly. I also think this is a major hijacking of this thread.

So far I havent seen anything that scientifically backs up the theory either way, so why is Penis Envy so much more potent? Why CAN'T different races have slightly different effects? I dont notice the difference in effect from different strains of marijuana very much, if tons of people agree does that make it so?

chemicaly changed
#37 Posted : 8/12/2013 4:51:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What I mean is you can grow a bunch of penis envy and get all differents results

Mush !!!

anrchy
#38 Posted : 8/12/2013 5:01:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Even the shroomery states that penis envy is the exception.

And i know what you mean, but all i am saying is some people say there are differences and a lot of people say there are none. Regardless BOTH are subjective until some sort of explanation of one or the other is present. Why CANT a different race have different effects. That is my question.

jamie
#39 Posted : 8/12/2013 5:26:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

Different strains of other entheogenic plants can have differing effects. Why would someone assume differing strains of mushrooms to be any different?
Long live the unwoke.

chemicaly changed
#40 Posted : 8/12/2013 5:30:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Because mushrooms are not plant. They take the oxygen and release CO2. I don't know why exactly, we should do some research. Try to post any good info you found. But remember this. plant and mushrooms are two different things.

Mush !!!

PREV123NEXT