We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
entheogenic cacao Options

MagicGing
#1 Posted : 7/15/2013 6:22:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

so ive recently been researching a bit about cacao and its history and effects. i came across someone known as the chocolate shaman online that apparently has high alk cacao thats been roasted and fermented the mayan way, so he says. im very interested in this cacao, as ive read that the mayans had a cacao god, cacao beans were used as currency, and as a wedding gift from the brides father to the groom (or something along those lines); so it was obviously important to the mayans
also, the genus of cacao is theobroma, translating to "the food of the gods"

ive read that cacao contains xanthines, b carbolines, anandamine, phenethylamine, and something about endorphins and dopamine. also cacao varies greatly with the amount and ratios of alkaloids it contains.

an interesting mayan myth/story goes some thing like this; when humans stray far enough from nature, the cacao brings the humans back to nature

i came across an interesting book called "chocolate: history, culture, and heritage". its an $85 ebook, yet i found the entire book online. it is quite informative.
http://books.google.com/...nepage&q&f=false

i hope true cacao makes the comeback it deserves
“The swans go on the path of the sun, they go through the ether by means of their miraculous power; the wise are led out of this world, when they have conquered Mara (desire) and his train" Dhammapada

"But is it probable," asked Pascal, "that probability gives assurance? Nothing gives certainty but truth; nothing gives rest but for the sincere search for truth"

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 12/17/2013 12:44:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I hope so too. Raw cacao is hopelessly underrated as a psychoactive. I think finding synergistic combinations is the way forward, to bring out cacaos full potential. Keiths cacao is definatly active and very inexpensive. He is not the only vendor of potent cacao though. You just have to shop around and test, test, test ...

Bancopuma
#3 Posted : 12/17/2013 3:56:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I ingest cocoa powder in a smoothie every day pretty much and have been doing so for years now. I have a special appreciation for this plant and would like to explore it further.

This book may also be of interest, Jonathan Ott's 'The Cacahuatl Eater'.

dreamer042
#4 Posted : 12/17/2013 5:07:16 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

A couple psychedelic salon talks on cacao.

A Drug Enhancer Called Chocolate

The Alchemy of Cacao
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca