We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
DMT has CaOH in it! Need help fast! DMT PARTY SOON! :O Options

Trips
#1 Posted : 5/8/2009 12:34:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey all,
Sooo, my friend Julio has had tremendous success extracting using the limonene tek, but his latest batch of spice burns the lungs heavily. The sample was hastily prepared and much CaOH made it through. The DMT was dissolved in alcohol and laid to parsley, and CaOH was carried over. This particular batch burns Julio's lungs tremendously and it obviously needs to be cleaned up.

So now Julio is about to host a DMT party and all he has is this vicious alkaline spice, already in parsley leaf. Two options came to mind: Redissolve in warm limonene and extract from parsley leaf, leaving sediments, remove limonene, dry it out, dissolve in alcohol and re-lay to parsley. This sounds like it has potential for tremendous loss.

My second thought is a sodium carbonate water rinse of the plant material to remove the CaOH... though this will likely leave some sodium carbonate, it probably can't burn as bad. Any thoughts!?

Please help Julio!!!!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

jamie
#2 Posted : 5/8/2009 2:45:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I have been wondering about this as well...anyone know if it is that bad to smoke the residual ammounts of sodium carb left over in some spice?
Long live the unwoke.

burnt
#3 Posted : 5/8/2009 8:45:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

The best and most effective way of removing bases from spice is to do it when the spice is dissolved in a non polar solvent. Preferably one that retains the least water. But do a basic wash of the non polar solvent with a pH 8-10 sodium carbonate solution.

d-limonene can dissolve small amounts of water so maybe rinse (very quickly) with pH 7 water. Hexane or naptha is better is dissolves less water becaues its more non polar.

How bad is it? Its not so bad it will just damage some cells it comes into contact with but the material will dissolve and won't persist in your body. Sodium carbonate is way safer then other bases like NaOH.

tryptographer
#4 Posted : 5/8/2009 2:38:38 PM

tryptamine photographer

Are you talking about lime Ca(OH)2 or lye NaOH ? CaOH doesn't exist Pleased
I can't imagine lime causing a harshness problem, it's completely non-volatile and doesn't dissolve at all in naphta.
If there is any hydroxide present in fresh spice, it cannot last long because it's converted to carbonate by CO2 in the air, just leave it for a day or so and/or do a quick icecold ammonia wash (I never had a problem with that although other people have).

Whatever: don't smoke it if it's so harsh!