We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Crystallizing mescaline via boiling acetone Options

Phlux-
#1 Posted : 5/7/2009 8:00:58 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

I was reading a thread on the nook when i came across a post from an old user called me! describing a cleaning/xtallizing method for mesc hcl via boiling acetone instead of mek - anyone tried this before - i know mesc at room temp is not soluble in dried acetone, but apparently heat can change that - ???
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Phlux-
#2 Posted : 5/7/2009 8:04:09 AM

The Root

http://www.thenook.org/f...ndex.php?showtopic=65762
thats the link
antrocles wrote:

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:

Quote:

69ron
#3 Posted : 5/7/2009 8:33:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

What's the point?

Wash it with acetone and then wash it with 99% IPA. You'll be left with 98-99% pure white odorless mescaline HCl. There's no reason to go through the trouble of crystallization.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Phlux-
#4 Posted : 5/7/2009 9:28:26 AM

The Root

year ron i totally agree buf for 1 fact, i had read that propery xtalized mesc is far stronger - something about the xtal formation aiding in absorbsion or something - swim also likes growing xtals - swim has his mesc and loves it as is, swim loves chemistry now and doesnt like mek very much so... -

i found this on the nook

5) Method "5" by Avalokita:
Post Gassing Clean-up
Filter the mescaline.hcl from the gassed xylene.
Then wash the powder with clean xylene. This flushes through any brown cactus crap that was also in the xylene.
Now disconnect the vacuum hose to break the vacuum. Then reattach it, but leave the vacuum turned off. This creates a sealed volume of air, so when you pour liquid on top of the filter paper, the trapped air will tend to keep it there instead of allowing it to drain through.
Now using a wash bottle, wash the powder with acetone until it's completely covered, and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Then turn the vacuum on, and filter through the acetone. Now rinse the powder with more acetone as it's being sucked through. This soaking and washing will remove the vast majority of the xylene.
Cover the filter funnel with a large oversized piece of filter paper, and suck air through the funnel for a couple of minutes, this will help dry the powder and protect it from dust.
Now remove the filter funnel and allow the powder to completely dry.
Once dry, the power will flake off the filter paper, so you won't get mushy paper fibres in with your product.

Acetone/Water Recrystallisation
Place the mescaline.hcl powder in small 50 mL flask.
Use hot distilled water to soak the filter paper, and wash the filter funnel.
Add this to the flask, and then add a small boiling chip.
Using a flame or oil bath, boil the water down until it starts to get a sheen on the surface.
The boiling water will drive off any residual solvent vapours, and you boil it until the mescaline gets concentrated.
Then remove it from the heat, and let it cool down a bit.
If crystals start forming immediately, then you've boiled off too much water. So add a bit more water then re-heat it and boil it down again.
Once the solution is concentrated and warm but not hot, then add an equal volume of acetone. Crystals should start forming immediately.
If the crystals don't form when you add the acetone, then there was too much water in there, so boil it down again. The acetone will all boil off first, then boil off a bit more water before letting it cool and re-adding some more acetone.

Once you add the acetone and the crystals start forming, then reheat it, and drip in a single drop of water at a time, until all the crystals dissolve in the hot acetone/water solution.
Then remove the boiling chip and let the solution slowly cool down to room temperature, then place it in the fridge.
Filter the pure crystals out.
You can also recover the mescaline traces and impurities by evaporating off the waste liquid on a Pyrex dish.

The recrystallisation is a bit of mucking about, and I hear it takes practice to master, I've only read about this at the moment. But the trick is to get the crystals to grow out of the solution as it cools. If you crash the crystals out too soon, then they form small crystals that grow very fast and trap impurities inside the crystal matrix.

The other thing you can do to remove solvent residue is put your powder or crystals in a short test tube and place them inside a filter flask. Put a solid bung in the top and then turn the vacuum on. The reduced pressure makes the solvents evaporate off much more quickly.

antrocles wrote:

Quote:

Quote: