We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT»
Teotzlcoatl's Salvia Thread Options

'Coatl
#1 Posted : 5/4/2009 1:06:57 AM

Teotzlcoatl

I know there are lots of various strains of Salvia divinorum, I'm trying to make a complete list of all of them and their origins and distinguishing characteristics.

Salvia divinorum Strains-

Salvia divinorum "Wasson and Hofmann" or "Bunnell" strain-
The original clone brought back to the United States and distributed around the world. The name "Wasson and Hofmann" was first applied to the strain in 1992 by the now-defunct ethnobotanical company …Of the jungle. They began listing it in their catalog as the 'Wasson and Hofmann' strain to differentiate it from another strain they introduced the same year, "Blosser" or "Palatable"strain. This clone was originally collected by Sterling Bunnell in 1962, not by Wasson or Hofmann.

Salvia divinorum "Blosser" or "Palatable"strain-
A clone which was collected by anthropologist Bret Blosser in December 1991 and sold by the now defunct ...Of the Jungle ethnobotanical company.

Salvia divinorum "Cerro Quemado" strain-
A descendant of a Salvia divinorum plant collected by L.J. Valdes,III, (the first person to isolate Salvinorin A, the active chemical in Salvia divinorum) near the village of Cerro Quemado, Mexico in the 1990s.

Salvia divinorum "Luna" strain-
A descendant of a Salvia divinorum plant growing under a Salvia divinorum cul. "Hofmann & Wasson" clone, found by Daniel Seibert in Hawaii in 1994. this is possibly a seedling or a sport (mutation). It has a slightly different leaf form (more rounded and the edges more serrated) than the other clones.

Salvia divinorum "Julieta" strain-
A strain collected by Daniel Siebert from a Mazatec shaman in Huautla de Jimenez (in the Sierra Mazateca, Mexico) in 1999.

Salvia divinorum "La Fuerza" (The Force) strain-
A strain collected by Kathleen Harrison, ethnobotanist and former wife of Terence McKenna, in January, 2001.

Salvia divinorum "Owens" strain-
A strain collected by Jack Owens on Cerro Rabon (in the Sierra Mazateca, Mexico) in June, 2003. Jack Owens was a major supplier of dried Salvia divinorum leaves to the US from Mexico. He died at the beginning of September, 2004 and this strain is named in his honor.

Salvia divinorum "Paradox" strain-
A cutting from a seed-grown strain raised by Daniel Siebert in 1994. Salvia divinorum derived from seed grown plants is almost impossible to find and should contain valuable genetics.

Salvia divinorum "Resilience" strain-
A cutting from a seed-grown strain raised by Daniel Siebert in 2002. Salvia divinorum derived from seed grown plants is almost impossible to find and should contain valuable genetics.

If you have any to add please let me know! But make sure it is a fairly common strain, which is not impossible to source! I'm looking for the BEST Salvia divinorum strains... any ideas on which one is the most potent?

(*Note*- I only want strains currently in circulation among the community of growers)

Salvia Species Worth Investigating-

Salvia divinorum
Salvia miltiorrhiza
Salvia officinalis
Salvia spathacea
Salvia splendens
Salvia transsylvanica

Link to Edot

Salvia plants

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Salvia divinorum strains collected in the Sierra Mazateca and vegetatively propagated-

Salvia divinorum "Wasson & Hofmann" or "Bunnell" strain
Salvia divinorum "Standard Blosser" or "Palatable" strain
Salvia divinorum "Cerro Quemado" strain
Salvia divinorum "Julieta" strain
Salvia divinorum "La Fuerza" strain
Salvia divinorum "Owens" strain
Salvia divinorum "Catalina" strain
Salvia divinorum "Bret Blosser #2" strain
Salvia divinorum "Delicious" strain
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

HappyCamper
#2 Posted : 5/4/2009 2:03:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have to get me one of those. The only Salvia I have right now is the S. officinalis which is there just for looks

'Coatl
#3 Posted : 5/4/2009 2:18:20 AM

Teotzlcoatl

PM me for a vendor.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

kemist
#4 Posted : 5/4/2009 11:15:50 AM

John

Nice one sweetie! Razz

So what sort of soil one need in order to grow healthy plant quickly?
Humidity 80-90% right?
temperature ? (room temperature?)

'Coatl wrote:

Sages Worth Investigating-

Salvia divinorum
Salvia miltiorrhiza
Salvia spathacea

which one out of these is the palatable strain?
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

Phlux-
#5 Posted : 5/4/2009 12:27:27 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

salvia divinorum is the best active one (and the only one to contain salvianorin isnt it ? nobody is interested in the thujoine are they ?)- the palatable one is a strain of s.divinorum not another spp of salvia unless by palatable u meant the one most ppl have in the kitchen, that is s.officinalis. Smile
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

Phlux-
#6 Posted : 5/4/2009 12:31:20 PM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

i dont get these threads - the name then some pix and 3 spp listed - no info ? point of this thread - for someone to show off some pix they found floating around the internet - if they are your pix why not rather start a "lets see ur salvia thread" - dunno maybe im spending too much time on forums Smile
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

'Coatl
#7 Posted : 5/4/2009 5:00:05 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Don't worry, this will end up like my Cactus thread, I'll be posting tons of info here! Ya gotta give me a little while, come on!

Quote:

which one out of these is the palatable strain?

Salvia divinorum.

Quote:

So what sort of soil one need in order to grow healthy plant quickly?
Humidity 80-90% right?
temperature ? (room temperature?)

Rick black soil with some perlite mixed it. They need large pots with good drainage. Most need high humidity when they are young or unhealthy, but mine grow just fine in 25% humidity at room temperature in my house.

acolon_5
#8 Posted : 5/4/2009 5:19:33 PM

The Great Namah

'Coatl,

S. Div seeds are almost impossible to come by, and rarely are viable.

What is the best way to:

a) take a cutting
b) get that cutting growing
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

'Coatl
#9 Posted : 5/4/2009 5:31:47 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
S. Div seeds are almost impossible to come by, and rarely are viable.

O how I know! Do you know how hard it was to get my Salvia divinorum to flower? Hopefully this year I will actually get some seeds!

The Traveler
#10 Posted : 5/4/2009 7:38:53 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

Nice thread,

Last Wednesday I received a little cutting myself, it's still growing bit by bit and though it looks a bit wilted it looks better as when I received it.

I added a picture of her.
The Traveler attached the following image(s):
SalviaD001.jpg (341kb) downloaded 305 time(s).

'Coatl
#11 Posted : 5/4/2009 7:44:23 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Thanks Traveler!

Very nice plant! Reduce the humidity after she straightens up!

'Coatl
#12 Posted : 5/4/2009 8:03:42 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Salvia divinorum exhibits vegetative growth with a lighting schedule of 16/8 and flowers with a lighting schedule of 12/12 or LESS.

Alright so.... For Salvia divinorum...

Vegetative growth lighting schedule- 16/8

Reproductive (Flowering) growth lighting schedule- 12/12 or LESS

'Coatl
#13 Posted : 5/4/2009 8:21:56 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Do you guys know of any strains I am missing or anything I should add to the descriptions of the Salvia divinorum strains in the 1st post of this thread?

kemist
#14 Posted : 5/4/2009 8:33:55 PM

John

Phlux- wrote:
i dont get these threads - the name then some pix and 3 spp listed - no info ? point of this thread - for someone to show off some pix they found floating around the internet - if they are your pix why not rather start a "lets see ur salvia thread" - dunno maybe im spending too much time on forums Smile

Don`t be mean phlux!
We all are busy, like ILPT is soo busy that he can only post 1/3 of his actual knowledge and expriences. Coatl has to start somehow.
when silly newbies starting new threads with already thousand times answered question, you didn`t moan, so what? Rolling eyes
As a kemist I never met ILPT in physical form and never talk to him. He share his wisdom, trough my mind, telepathicly only. Please don`t prosecute me, for his possible illegal activities. He is bonkers about chemistry and doesn`t even exist in this primitive reality !!!

'Coatl
#15 Posted : 5/4/2009 8:35:00 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Well look at the first post now.

kemist
#16 Posted : 5/4/2009 8:51:26 PM

John

Salvia divinorum "Palatable" or "Blosser" is the most potent strain, right?

What are these strains them ?
Quote:
Salvia miltiorrhiza
Salvia spathacea

Just to make it clear, ILPT is not interested in salvinorin, he is looking for that special(lsd like)compound 69ron mentioned Wink He has hunch there are other active strain in this way

How about coleus blumei, don`t forgott mentioned it here and post pics.

Does any SWIM tried to chew fresh coleus blumei ???

jamie
#17 Posted : 5/4/2009 9:04:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

hey coatl..what do you think is the best light cycles for flowering the salvia plants...I have so much dry leaf saved up now I want to just let em grow all summer and attempt to flower them...would i need longer than that?..they all have full tops, havent been pinched yet sinse rooted..
Long live the unwoke.

jamie
#18 Posted : 5/4/2009 9:15:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

[quote=kemist][color=orange]Just to make it clear, ILPT is not interested in salvinorin, he is looking for that special(lsd like)compound 69ron mentioned Wink He has hunch there are other active strain in this way [quote]...

...could you please direct me to where this is mentioned..tried to find the thread but couldn't..sounds interesting..
Long live the unwoke.

'Coatl
#19 Posted : 5/4/2009 11:52:36 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Fractal enchantment see post #12 in this thread for info on getting your Salvia divinorum to flower! BTW, it needs to be AT LEAST 1 foot (12inchs) tall in order to flower!

Kannamate
#20 Posted : 5/5/2009 2:57:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

have you ever gotten your salvia to flower coatl 12/12 means better chances,but seems rare still?

123NEXT»