We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Skincare Options

adam
#1 Posted : 7/13/2013 5:17:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Three months ago I had surgery, I have an autoimmune condition, so the steroids and other medications I was given basically caused me to breakout from temporarily crippling my immune system. So its been going away but still bothers me. I use essential oils mixed with either jojoba oil or coconut oil , and sometime castors oil. I wash my face and back with an enzyme scrub when it needs exfoliating and a natural cleanser on the other days. If I get a lot of sun I apply aloe vera straight from my plants which seems to help.

So I guess im just wondering what you all do for your skincare? Also I am worried about scarring so if anyone has any prior experience or advice it would be appreciated.

Any tips/ tricks for clearing up skin/ general advice?...I have never had skin issues before so dealing with this is new to me. Confused

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

Whatisreal
#2 Posted : 7/14/2013 9:40:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like you got it goin on already with the healthy oils, aloe vera, enzymes.
I would also eat these things like coconut oil, aloe vera, enzymes. Eating a very healing diet and lowering stress in life. Green juices, salads, organic raw foods. Lots of good quality water and sea salt.

Aloe vera has been one of the greatest scar tissue healers for me. Coconut oil also supports skin health very well. Eating coconut oil, coconuts, and coconut products have greatly supported my overall health. Using it topically as well has become regular.

oldsoul
#3 Posted : 7/14/2013 11:34:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't have personal experience, but a teacher of mine swears by neem oil.

One epiphany short of a paradigm shift

adam
#4 Posted : 7/15/2013 12:18:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

hmm i have heard wonderful things about neem oil i might need to try that out.

galulyah
#5 Posted : 10/4/2013 4:37:11 PM
galulyah

Hey op,

I make home made beeswax lotion in Colorado. I have had half a dozen people in the
last 6 months say that my lotion has completely cured the most serious of skin problems that even their doctors couldn't help!
Eczema, skin lesions, post cancer operation, the works.

I use,

local beeswax,
coconut oil
sunflower oil
calendula oil
lavendar oil

Id be happy to send some to ya. Lemme know in pm.
Or if you'd like the recipe...easy to make.

Speedy recovery!
D