We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
I've been inspired to start growing! Options

MalargueZiggy
#1 Posted : 5/1/2009 2:51:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Right.

I've been inspired to start growing my own entheogens. I reckon it could be quite a rewarding process, as well as quite cost effective. Obviously I'm not going to grow anything illegal and so I'm going to start with Calea Zacatechichi, which as you can read elsewhere I've started to experiment with.

I hear it's quite easy to grow but any advice would be welcome, I have no experience whatsoever in any part of the cultivation process for anything! If this goes well I'm going to branch out, and would also appreciate some advice on what else I could grow - it needs to be justifiable to non-drug takers (i.e salvia is out of the question), for example things you guys use for enhancement in any area of your lives not just spiritual.

And yes, Coatl, you can take the credit for this!

"Language is a cracked kettle on which we beat out tunes for bears to dance to, while all the time we long to move the stars to pity." - Flaubert

I do not engage in or condone illegal activities. Most of what I write is on behalf of people I've bumped into, usually several years ago and in countries where the things I mention are legal.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

'Coatl
#2 Posted : 5/1/2009 3:18:01 PM

Teotzlcoatl

GOOD FOR YOU! I AM SO HAPPY! HOORAY!

The first thing you should get (in my opinion) is a Trichocereus cactus, they are one of the easiest botanicals in the world to take care of and it's speed of growth will amaze you and keep you interested. I would also suggest Miracle Fruit for a non-entheogen ethnobotanical.

If it was me I'd also grow some Salvia, Psychotria and Caapi.

PM me for vendors.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

"We Are The One's We've Been Waiting For" - Hopi Proverb

bufoman
#3 Posted : 5/1/2009 3:27:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Any advice on growing Psychotria coatl?

'Coatl
#4 Posted : 5/1/2009 3:33:20 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Well currently I do not have "true" Psychotria viridis (but I am getting some shipped in from Aus. very soon), I believe what I have now is Psychotria alba (which is what most psychotria in the U.S. really is).

It grows just fine in a large pot with some rich soil. I keep it indoors over the winter and outside during the summer. It is REALLY easy to grow, even as a house plant.
WARNING: DO NOT INGEST ANY BOTANICAL WHICH YOU HAVE NOT FULLY RESEARCHED AND CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED!!!

I am Teotzlcoatl, older cousin of Quetzalcoatl. My most famous physical incarnation was Nezahualcoyotl, but I have taken many forms since the dawn of the cosmos. In this realm I manifest as multiple entities at a single time. I am many, I am numbered. I am few, but more than one. I am a multifaceted being, a winged serpent with many heads. We are Teotzlcoatl.

acolon_5
#5 Posted : 5/1/2009 4:10:15 PM

The Great Namah

I too have had a little inspiration to try and grow my own plants.

I've got 6 Achuma's that finally rooted and were potted last week in some cactus mix.

how far apart should I have planted them? I gave them each about 5". They're all looking ok, about 7" tall each, but raning from thin to thick in diameter. The last cactus I tried growing was a Pedro and it rotted out rather quickly. I've changed from potting soil to cactus soil and have provided a bit more drainage than last time.

I also have some fresh khat seeds on the way. It's supposed to do well inside and in partial shade, so I can move it from the patio to the kitchen if need be. I plan on using vermiculite/cactus mix to start them off and then will transplant them into a mix of perilite and potting soil.

I wanted some Dagga seeds, but can only find the sibericus species.

Any tips for either Coati?
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

acolon_5
#6 Posted : 5/1/2009 4:10:16 PM

The Great Namah

I too have had a little inspiration to try and grow my own plants.

I've got 6 Achuma's that finally rooted and were potted last week in some cactus mix.

how far apart should I have planted them? I gave them each about 5". They're all looking ok, about 7" tall each, but raning from thin to thick in diameter. The last cactus I tried growing was a Pedro and it rotted out rather quickly. I've changed from potting soil to cactus soil and have provided a bit more drainage than last time.

I also have some fresh khat seeds on the way. It's supposed to do well inside and in partial shade, so I can move it from the patio to the kitchen if need be. I plan on using vermiculite/cactus mix to start them off and then will transplant them into a mix of perilite and potting soil.

Any tips for either Coati?
The Spice extends life
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

'Coatl
#7 Posted : 5/1/2009 6:33:46 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Quote:
I've changed from potting soil to cactus soil and have provided a bit more drainage than last time.

Ya, drainage is a good thing. Check out my cacti thread for info on soil. General cacti soil mix- Commercial cacti soil, perlite, pumice and trace minerals.

Quote:

Hey I have Loin's Tail Dagga seeds... do you want them? PM me!

Quote:
how far apart should I have planted them? I gave them each about 5"

Are they in the ground or pot? 5 inches sounds fine.

acolon_5
#8 Posted : 5/1/2009 7:35:41 PM

The Great Namah

'Coatl wrote:
Quote:
I've changed from potting soil to cactus soil and have provided a bit more drainage than last time.

Ya, drainage is a good thing. Check out my cacti thread for info on soil. General cacti soil mix- Commercial cacti soil, perlite, pumice and trace minerals.

Quote:

Hey I have Loin's Tail Dagga seeds... do you want them? PM me!

Quote:
how far apart should I have planted them? I gave them each about 5"

Are they in the ground or pot? 5 inches sounds fine.

They are in a 36" long 8-10" wide pot with nothing but commercial cactus soil. The bottom has pleanty of drainage. They are all tip cuttings and most of them had already started to root before I planted them. I also dipped the ends in root starter hormone and watered each hole I made for them with a solution of the hormone.
The Spice extends life

'Coatl
#9 Posted : 5/2/2009 3:10:17 AM

Teotzlcoatl

Sounds good to me, but I never use hormones or anything that isn't 100% organic!

acolon_5
#10 Posted : 5/2/2009 3:40:09 AM

The Great Namah

'Coatl wrote:
Sounds good to me, but I never use hormones or anything that isn't 100% organic!

I can really respect that 'Coatl. However, I happened to have it lying around and I thought to myself "man, last time the entire cactus rotted out from the bottom up. I don't want that to happen again, so lets get those roots going as soon as possible." So yeah, that's what happened.

Thanks for all your help though! You really do know your plants.

The Spice extends life

'Coatl
#11 Posted : 5/2/2009 6:43:53 PM

Teotzlcoatl

Thanks Acolon_5!!! I'm just glad I could get some people to want to grow botanicals!

Quote:
I can really respect that 'Coatl. However, I happened to have it lying around and I thought to myself "man, last time the entire cactus rotted out from the bottom up. I don't want that to happen again, so lets get those roots going as soon as possible." So yeah, that's what happened.

I understand, but next time just leave it in REALLY dry soil for like a few months and it should root just fine... maybe you watered it or your humidity is too high?