We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Just what is the DMT experience? - My take on it! Options

burnt
#21 Posted : 5/5/2009 5:49:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Heard of the book but haven't checked it out yet. Yes I am also curious though what new information is out there.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Garulfo
#22 Posted : 5/8/2009 12:18:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
like they might not be so in a way maybe all information will always exist forever until the universe ceases to exist. So maybe in that sense we are eternal. But again its a far cry from the existence we are used too and doesn't need to involve "us" at all.

That's exactly what the most enlighted people from misc countries (but mainly india/budhists) are saying about the nature of reality : time is an illusion. There is no time. We are just creating time.
Therefore, nothing is LOST. Except 'us', but 'us' do not really exist so no need to worry Wink

Only the light of the Heart exists and it is the agent in creative activity. Its activity, resting in itself, is self-consciousness and when it moves it is the unfoldment of the universe. »
Mahârthamanjarî by Maheshvarânanda
Kashmir, XIIth century

970Codfert
#23 Posted : 5/8/2009 4:51:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^ I agree with that!

Does this make the entire argument for a soul irrelevant?
All posts are fictional.

burnt
#24 Posted : 5/9/2009 11:22:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Does this make the entire argument for a soul irrelevant?

Well thats a good question. Hmmmmm for me it does. This knowledge is why I no longer believe in spiritual notions about anything. The whole idea behind soul is that our memories and lives proceed on in some after life in some form that is similar to what we experience now and I think thats just a way for people to psychologically deal with their own death. Its a need for many people to believe in such things and its understandable.

I know I come off hard on religion and spirituality but I think its so often asking about what lies beyond the true nature of reality and the supernatural. These kinds of questions to me are pointless and we should work with what tools we have (science and subjective experience) to understand the truth about ourselves and our universe.

Quote:
That's exactly what the most enlighted people from misc countries (but mainly india/budhists) are saying about the nature of reality : time is an illusion. There is no time. We are just creating time.
Therefore, nothing is LOST. Except 'us', but 'us' do not really exist so no need to worry Wink

This brings up another good question. How does the psychedelic experience and or mystical experience lead those who have experienced it to that realization? Many people have certainly come up with these kinds of interpretations (depending on the culture and the context) but what about altered states of consciousness specifically causes us to learn (or think we learn) such deeper meaning?

Many dmt users here come to talk about things like this all the time after coming back from 'hyperspace' but why? I have some ideas but I want to hear others reasons for why their own or the the experiences they have read about or heard from others lead to these kinds of conclusions about the nature of reality. I also want to hear how this realization has filled of unfulfilled a spiritual void left by realizing that we have no soul (soul in the judeo-christian-islamic sense)? Our soul if we have to call it something is really just everything and nothing.

DeadLizard
#25 Posted : 5/9/2009 1:23:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Garulfo wrote:
time is an illusion. There is no time. We are just creating time.

Time does not exist in the sense that our measure of time is compleatly arbitrary, but we as individual beings do notice that this moment is not the same as the moment before.

I have no problem with abstracting ideas as long as you can still return to the original premis and create new abstractions.
If the original premis is flawed somehow, THEN you can say time is an illusion.

do a google search for "metric time"

digression
actualy it just came to mind that in the 5th dimension, 3 dimensional time would be a single object. in other words our entire lives would be a single grain in the surface of a wooden table used by a 5D entity, and also how would they measure duration ???????

(n.b 5D = 3D + 1, because 4D = duration, and all dimension contain duration(thanks Einstein))

¿วษนวษฅ uo ฦƒuโ€Žioฦƒ sโ€Ži 773H วษฅส‡ ส‡ษษฅส

burnt
#26 Posted : 5/13/2009 7:46:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

digression
actualy it just came to mind that in the 5th dimension, 3 dimensional time would be a single object. in other words our entire lives would be a single grain in the surface of a wooden table used by a 5D entity, and also how would they measure duration ???????

(n.b 5D = 3D + 1, because 4D = duration, and all dimension contain duration(thanks Einstein))

Yes and that kind of digression gets even more fun when 5 more dimensions get incorporated.

PREV12